• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Yeah, the Ocarina songs in MM are just random notes =(

Jabu jabu's belly looks a LOT better now.... I was pretty impressed with that.

Also, I am SO GOOD at Bombchu bowling.
I resent this statement. I like many of MM's Ocarina songs better than OoT.

Oath to Order is absolutely amazing. And the
Song of Healing>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skyward theme
For songs that are backwards other songs.

The only weak songs imo were the Song of Time varients.

Speaking of the Oath to Order
This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5MtiDAwz_Y

EDIT: Oh and this too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-WzkEIXgrE

T-block

B2B TST
lol I didn't mean all MM songs.

New Wave Bossa Nova and Goron's Lullaby are dumb imo. I do like Sonata of Awakening and Elegy of Emptiness though.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
What?

Spirit Temple and Forest Temple have my favorite dungeon themes from the whole series (that I'm remembering at the moment, that is.) aside from the Sanctuary Dungeon theme from ALTTP. Of all of the games, OoT has the least forgettable dungeon themes, IMO.
Just played through the Forest Temple again. Not hearing what's so exceptional about that song. I like ambient music but I prefer the more ornate LttP/LoZ style composition for dungeon music I guess.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I can appreciate either, but I definitely like forest temple a lot either way

water temple is also underrated

Player-1

Smash Legend
I like most of the MM songs, I just like OoT songs better. Song of Healing was pro as well as oath to order. Song of Soaring was my least favorite because of how simple it was coupled with the fact that you play it every 10 seconds. Bossa Nova was my 2nd least favorite. I liked Goron's Lullaby actually, especially when the baby goron chimed in with that cutscene I thought it was great.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Just played through the Forest Temple again. Not hearing what's so exceptional about that song. I like ambient music but I prefer the more ornate LttP/LoZ style composition for dungeon music I guess.
I understand. Maybe I should stick with Spirit Temple. However, I just like Forest Temple theme. It's very simple and atmospheric, but it's still better than a lot of the other dungeon themes in this series.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I love the Forest Temple music. It's so frickin' weird. Also, it sounds like a girl from an anime is going "ooo ooo, ooo ooo" the entire time.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I heard there are a few easter eggs that reference Majora's Mask in the game. Like, apparently
the Happy Mask Salesman has his MM masks- not counting Majora itself- on display in his shop, including his Mario one.

Life

Smash Hero
^
I didn't see the Mario one.

Also, the room you find by hitting
Kakariko Village's ground
with the Megaton Hammer? Has a really cool water texture on the walls.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't like some of the artistic decisions they made. Stuff is way too bright. Stuff like the Forest Temple and the Skulltulla House aren't half as creepy as they were on the N64 because they made the rooms so much brighter and less "fog".

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Could anybody help me out? I'm in the fishing pond as adult Link, and I've been trying for forever to get one of the bigger fish... They follow my lure, but they never bite. What's going on?

(P.S. I'm trying to get the Golden Scale.)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The Mario hat is in the shop, but it's obscured by what I think was a mirror. It's on the right side on the innermost shelf on the farthest position.

Also, it's hard to say it references MM since the HMS in OoT is the same guy as MM HMS. If anything, the MM HMS references OoT.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Original OoT

- Muslim chant in Fire Temple
- Ganondorf pukes red blood instead of green blood
- Star and crescent symbol in moving blocks and other things

^ All of that changed after Muslim protests
Some people proved that Nintendo changed the chant prior to release. Something to do with there actually being different versions out there. The first version of OoT didn't have the chant, but the second developed version had the chant and was actually the first one released. Its release angered some Muslims so their protest influenced Nintendo to go back to Ver. 01 (so to speak). Along with changing the chant, they changed the Star and Crescent (which was in every version) and addressed other concerns, i.e. the green blood.

I don't feel like finding a link so you can google it.

Life

Smash Hero
Could anybody help me out? I'm in the fishing pond as adult Link, and I've been trying for forever to get one of the bigger fish... They follow my lure, but they never bite. What's going on?

(P.S. I'm trying to get the Golden Scale.)
Just keep going at it, they bite eventually. Make sure you vary the speed you move the lure at, I think there's an optimal pattern but I don't know what it is so....

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OoT never felt creepy to me. It's environment back at that time will hold a special place in my heart considering it to be my first foray into a 3D game besides Banjo-Kazooie (the atmosphere of that game was amazing too, even today). But this upgrade in art direction is one I can appreciate. It more or less coincides with that light-heart, innocent adventure Miyamoto envisions for this franchise yet still keeps the subtle realism set by the tone of the game.

The only place that would creep me out in this game would be the Well and Shadow Temple and its theme, but I haven't played those areas yet and haven't played them since my gray cart days. I hope they didn't remove the hands in the pool of green liquid at the bottom of the well, blood on the walls, and that freaky mini boss Dead Hand. The only places that have ever made me uncomfortable to be playing in, ever.

Tacel

Smash Lord
About the Well, there is absolutely no blood. Even the Dead Hand isn't bloodstained anymore. I'm really disappointed. I feel that the removal of blood really deteriorated from it's original creepiness. I guess they wanted to keep it E or E10+. But I think they should have kept it the way it was and the way it was meant to be.

Life

Smash Hero
The hands at the bottom of the Bottom of the Well are still there, as is Dead Hand. (I don't think this needs spoilered)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does anything in OoT need to be spoiler'd at this point?

It's like saying Snape killing Dumbledore is still a spoiler.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I would be so mad right now if I knew who those people were.

Please tell me they aren't ponies . . . No, can't be. That's a kids cartoon, they wouldn't allow killing, would they?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just got to the forest temple. This game is amazing, and I have no idea why it hasn't been getting perfect tens from IGN and other sites, especially when the original got perfect tens at most places.

Life

Smash Hero
I can play taps on the ocarina ingame. My life is complete.
(LLR+(LRY)x4+RYA+YRL+LLR, holding down on the circle pad for L and A)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Does anything in OoT need to be spoiler'd at this point?

It's like saying Snape killing Dumbledore is still a spoiler.
And yet Ocarina of Time predated the Half-Blood Prince by 7 years.

Guys, do you think the Legend of Zelda will truly stand the test of time and be remembered for decades, if not centuries? I think there are a few contemporary stories that will never be forgotten and Star Wars probably tops the list. Surely Ocarina of Time won't be remembered, but "The Legend of Zelda" may. It'd be a sort of summary of the entire series versus any single story. Kind of like how the Arthurian Legend was told in many different ways throughout the land.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ocarina of Time is the best game ever in all of existence to ever meet the face of this world, if any game should be remembered it SHOULD be this game

etecoon

Smash Hero
majora's mask is better than OoT though

and more unique, OoT is a continuation of LTTP and WW and TP built on what OoT did(not necessarily in a good way). they aren't the most popular, but LA and MM are the most memorable games in the series IMO, the rest of them are too sameish

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
And yet Ocarina of Time predated the Half-Blood Prince by 7 years.

Guys, do you think the Legend of Zelda will truly stand the test of time and be remembered for decades, if not centuries? I think there are a few contemporary stories that will never be forgotten and Star Wars probably tops the list. Surely Ocarina of Time won't be remembered, but "The Legend of Zelda" may. It'd be a sort of summary of the entire series versus any single story. Kind of like how the Arthurian Legend was told in many different ways throughout the land.
Keep in mind that even now, the vast majority of the people who remember and know the Zelda name aren't thinking one lick about the story. That is NOT what is going to be remembered, besides "Green fairy boy fights evil pig thing".

oh and if you're just going to post stuff like "yeah but *such and such game* is better" take it to the appropriate thread.

Top Bottom