• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just started the game.

This is truly the time I get to see what the 3D was all about. I hate how there's apparitions of objects that surround the actual object you are looking at. Mad annoying to me. And now that i'm playing a game that requires you to make use of all the buttons, I must say the change in angles is often, especially during combat, so having to stick to a specific angle IS aggravating.

But anyway - I am loving the game and like the 3D for what it is, but what i do like is that this is a fresh revisit to the game. It changes alot while still keeping it the way fans have known it and loved it. I am very happy to get this legit, legal, and portable. It's just even more enjoyable to me now. I'm actually glad they didn't redo the soundboard, because i feel that would make too much change to the game. Listening to Hyrule field, Lonlon ranch, Kakariko village, and the ambient tune of grottos is all nostalgic and I like the nostalgic feeling i get from it. Take me back to a simpler, happier time for me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Just started the game.

This is truly the time I get to see what the 3D was all about. I hate how there's apparitions of objects that surround the actual object you are looking at. Mad annoying to me. And now that i'm playing a game that requires you to make use of all the buttons, I must say the change in angles is often, especially during combat, so having to stick to a specific angle IS aggravating.

But anyway - I am loving the game and like the 3D for what it is, but what i do like is that this is a fresh revisit to the game. It changes alot while still keeping it the way fans have known it and loved it. I am very happy to get this legit, legal, and portable. It's just even more enjoyable to me now. I'm actually glad they didn't redo the soundboard, because i feel that would make too much change to the game. Listening to Hyrule field, Lonlon ranch, Kakariko village, and the ambient tune of grottos is all nostalgic and I like the nostalgic feeling i get from it. Take me back to a simpler, happier time for me.
You should toggle around the 3D focus and the position you're holding the 3DS. You should not be seeing the double vision all of the time (though it's gonna happen every now and then because it's hard to keep the 3DS so still).

And in my experience, there is never any reason to have the 3D slider at max in this game.

Unfortunately, I get a pretty noticeable headache when I play with the 3D on for 15-20 minutes so I am playing the majority of the game without it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh snap, really? I just leave it on max all that time. I suppose I'll go fix that, then.

I just want to get that full effect, you know?

BTW - I never get sick. Something about me, I guess. I can do just about anything without getting sick. My price to pay, though? Eyesight. I need glasses. looool spent too much time in front of the tv my whole life.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh snap, really? I just leave it on max all that time. I suppose I'll go fix that, then.

I just want to get that full effect, you know?

BTW - I never get sick. Something about me, I guess. I can do just about anything without getting sick. My price to pay, though? Eyesight. I need glasses. looool spent too much time in front of the tv my whole life.
the slider is not a minimum-maximum variable, it directs the focus of the effect.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I have the slider about 75% high and I get my desired experience.

So I guess Majora's Mask 3D is next, right? I mean, think about it. Many of the models are already made. They just have to transfer them from OoT 3D to a MM world. It would be easier than making a whole new game and they'd still make a ton of money.

T-block

B2B TST
I wish I could play with 3D on all the time... I don't really get headaches from it. But it's unbearable to aim with the gyroscope with 3D on, and I'll take gyroscope aiming over 3D any day <3

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah the 3D is perfect to me and I don't get the strains from playing.

If they DO make Majora's Mask? Good lord that would be beyond epic.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Dodongo's Cavern really impressed me as well. Makes me very excited for Fire Temple.
does anyone know if they fixed it or is nintendo still censoring it like idiots?

also MM 3D miiight convince me to buy a 3DS

probably not but maybe. I still think LA is by far the zelda game that needs a remake most though, this was true before OoT 3D was made. LA with 4 item equips + separate, touch inventory screen = easily best 2D game in the series

Tacel

Smash Lord
does anyone know if they fixed it or is nintendo still censoring it like idiots
Just got to the Fire Temple, and yep. It's still censored.

And I think that A Link to the Past would be a better candidate for a remake considering that Link's Awakening just came out for Virtual Console. Though, Majora's Mask is still probably on top.

etecoon

Smash Hero
VC = emulation...emulation has been available forever. it's completely irrelevant

I also believe LTTP is on VC as well, anyway, and I know MM is

Tacel

Smash Lord
Link's Awakening was literally just rereleased about two or three weeks ago at the 3DS eShop launch. Therefore remaking Link's Awakening this soon after the rerelease would be pointless. It would probably sell weakly, because if somebody would have wanted to play/replay it, they would have bought it at the eShop launch (it seemed to be one of the superior launch titles, as well). I have no doubt that it will be remastered in the future, though. It's an amazing game and deserves to be remade.

However, my asumption could be incorrect. Who knows what Nintendo has up their sleeves (or tunics, rather :p)?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Just started the game.

You're not supposed to be seeing all of that. Your eyes may have problems perceiving the 3d in general.

Player-1

Smash Legend
what is nintendo censoring?

Just got the game, first thing I noticed while playing it: Where the **** are all of the rupees, need to buy that shield >=o

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
They removed the chanting from the Fire Temple because it was found to be muslim and translated to something like "I acknowledged that there is only one god and that it is allah." And you can every clearly hear them say Allah at some point.

Then, because of some sensitive soccer moms, that got removed and sounds like a jumble of sounds taking the sound board from the temple of time and talentlessly throw together what they thought was best. So now every time I play that temple, I mute it. Still sounds that bad to me.

There's also the blood that was changed to green ooze and the other muslim related things, such as some of the signs on blocks you could push.

Those are all I can remember. But I haven't gotten to the points where I can see all that yet in the 3DS.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
They removed the chanting from the Fire Temple because it was found to be muslim and translated to something like "I acknowledged that there is only one god and that it is allah." And you can every clearly hear them say Allah at some point.

Then, because of some sensitive soccer moms, that got removed and sounds like a jumble of sounds taking the sound board from the temple of time and talentlessly throw together what they thought was best. So now every time I play that temple, I mute it. Still sounds that bad to me.

There's also the blood that was changed to green ooze and the other muslim related things, such as some of the signs on blocks you could push.

Those are all I can remember. But I haven't gotten to the points where I can see all that yet in the 3DS.
That's false. Nintendo made the changes before the game was even released.

Also, all the dungeon music in OoT sucks.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-9-pop-fiction/710815

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/: same thing

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Original OoT

- Muslim chant in Fire Temple
- Ganondorf pukes red blood instead of green blood
- Star and crescent symbol in moving blocks and other things

^ All of that changed after Muslim protests

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So what was I false about?

Only that they started to change the game, but wasn't able to get it in before the original batch was produced?

Other than that, I was right on all accounts.

tbqh, I completely forgot about hearing that these changes were made before the release of the game.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So what was I false about?

Only that they started to change the game, but wasn't able to get it in before the original batch was produced?

Other than that, I was right on all accounts.

tbqh, I completely forgot about hearing that these changes were made before the release of the game.
Yes, that's what you were false about. And soccer moms or soccer muslims had nothing to do with it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Maybe not for that one case, but you know they're always there to do the same elsewhere.

:awesome:

Tacel

Smash Lord
That's false. Nintendo made the changes before the game was even released.
The changes were made after the original release. My N64 version has the chanting, the cresent moons, and the puking of the blood.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Compared to previous Zelda's I would definitely agree. OoT dungeons/temples tracks aren't that bad though. In my opinion, the Forest and Water temples definitely have the best bgm. I guess I just like the soothing, calm melodies each have. The Fire and Shadow though are definitely a little too boring to really want to stick around enough to listen. The Spirit Temple is okay, it's more in the middle for me.

And OT: The game is definitely 10x more beautiful seeing it in person, it's fantastic and I haven't even gotten to Jabu-Jabu yet. Dodongo's Cavern was great.

Edit: My N64 version also has all mentioned above. I didn't find out they removed those aspects until just recently, tbh.

T-block

B2B TST
Actually, now that I think about it, I agree that dungeon music in OoT isn't anything special.

Rest of the BGMs are generally fantastic though <3

Life

Smash Hero
No love for Water Temple's BGM? (barring anti-nostalgia from being stuck there forever, which I didn't have a problem with)

As a child I had a gold-cart OOT, with all the censored stuff, never got to Ganondorf on it so I didn't see the blood and I was too young to think about the BGM so I don't remember the chanting, but I vaguely recall the star/crescent on the Mirror Shield)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The changes were made after the original release. My N64 version has the chanting, the cresent moons, and the puking of the blood.
The changes were made before the release, but the first run of cartridges did not include them. My point is that that stuff was not removed due to backlash from parents or religious figures.

Player-1

Smash Legend
so when the sun rises you hear a chicken and when the moon rises you hear a wolf howl = the 2 animals you can turn into in TP. Obv hint to TP in the futre is obv.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can turn into a chicken in TP?

Man, I haven't played that game since release and only once so I don't even remember thissssssssssss

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
The censored shield and music of the fire temple in OoT donset really bother me. but thje green blood... man, i hate nintendo for do that.

You can turn into a chicken in TP?

Man, I haven't played that game since release and only once so I don't even remember thissssssssssss
you can take the control of a chiken in TP if you hit them, i didnt find a really useful use, but looks like this is for search worms that you can combine with your fishing rod.

I dont like this thing, being killed by cuccos is an ansestral tradition in Zelda games.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So anyway - for those of you who have played the mirrored master quest in this game

Is the game truly the master quest that we've seen form the GCN version, or is it the same as the original quest, but with higher damage intake, increased count in enemy numbers, and mirrored, but all environments remain untouched otherwise?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What?

Spirit Temple and Forest Temple have my favorite dungeon themes from the whole series (that I'm remembering at the moment, that is.) aside from the Sanctuary Dungeon theme from ALTTP. Of all of the games, OoT has the least forgettable dungeon themes, IMO.

etecoon

Smash Hero
child dungeons are bad but adult dungeons make up for it and then some, best overall collection of dungeon themes in the series

OoT > LTTP > MM = LA > LoZ

after that is about where it gets terrible

and the changes made to OoT were bad regardless of what reason they were made. OoT 3D is supposed to be the definitive version of the game, nintendo should have had the fortitude to be true to the original version.

Life

Smash Hero
Is the game truly the master quest that we've seen form the GCN version, or is it the same as the original quest, but with higher damage intake, increased count in enemy numbers, and mirrored, but all environments remain untouched otherwise?
I never played Gamecube MQ, but the dungeons are definitely very different, especially Water Temple. (Cows in Jabu-Jabu, anyone?)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I liked MM music better than OoT. The only ones I REALLY like in OoT are Lost Woods and Kokiri Village. I like the Ocarina songs in OoT better than MM, though.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, the Ocarina songs in MM are just random notes =(

Jabu jabu's belly looks a LOT better now.... I was pretty impressed with that.

Also, I am SO GOOD at Bombchu bowling.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I never played Gamecube MQ, but the dungeons are definitely very different, especially Water Temple. (Cows in Jabu-Jabu, anyone?)
Yep. That's how the Gamecube version was.

Also, oh my God the Ice Cavern is beautiful.
Yeah, the Ocarina songs in MM are just random notes =(
The Song of Healing is one of my favorite ocarina songs in the series, but that's just be. But I agree, the rest of the songs aren't as creative as the Ocarina of Time ocarina songs.

Top Bottom