• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Alzi

Smash Master
To be honest I actually like the Australia box art don't know why. :p

I use to like the Europe one and Japanese one. But now I don't. Sure it's great art work but for me it doesn't fit right.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Well we're stuck with the same case art as Australia in America, but i'm trying to figure out why Europe get's that other artwork. I can understand Japan.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh wait, it's just the game/ocarina? Oh wait, all we get is the game?

Yeah.

I prefer Australia's box art because it has a warmer, homely, nostalgic feel to it versus the drab yellow-gold of ours. Oh well, the game's the same.

Alzi

Smash Master

Box arts from each place. I will be honest I also hate how the Ocarina is placed in the middle of the triforce.

I prefer Australia's one. But I would of liked it if it was slightly just slight brighter.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I like the top right and bottom left cases. Australia and Japan right? I think they really attract the eye a lot more than the simple design of the others. Oh well :urg:

Alzi

Smash Master
Top left: America
Top right: Europe
Bottom left: Japan
Bottom right: Australia

For those who are unsure.

etecoon

Smash Hero
japan/europe > US/AUS IMO

I don't know why but japanese game developers seem to universally scorn the US, consistently giving us worse box art <_<

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Mmm, I can't get over how smooth the movement looks when Link runs through Hyrule Field and such. Looks great. By the way, what is going on at 2:30 in the video? Is that the "re-living your memory" thing?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Mmm, I can't get over how smooth the movement looks when Link runs through Hyrule Field and such. Looks great. By the way, what is going on at 2:30 in the video? Is that the "re-living your memory" thing?
Yeah, the gossip stones are "hint caves" or whatever. You crawl inside and it shows you a video on what to do or sommeit

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/26486/

There will be one new updated song sneaked into the game. But can't believe he was half way through and got asked to stop.
That's incredibly dumb. Now that one song is going to sound sooo out place. I can understand if they had to stop because of time issues, but keeping the same exact music is a stupid decision.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
That's incredibly dumb. Now that one song is going to sound sooo out place. I can understand if they had to stop because of time issues, but keeping the same exact music is a stupid decision.
Not really. Keeping the same audio=less work and money spent. It's a feature that the vast majority of customers aren't going to care about. I certainly don't.

Though, if the guy was really half done you might as well just go all the way.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it might not have necessarily been for the better anyway

OoT's soundtrack wasn't composed for an orchestra, a lot of the instruments it uses don't exist in a standard orchestra, when that is the case you're talking about really changing the music as much as simply upgrading it

kind of makes me wonder how SS will turn out, zelda music tends to use a lot of ethnic instruments especially in the dungeons, you have to go all the way back to LTTP to find the last time the dungeon themes would easily translate to orchestration

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I never gave it much thought because what they have done has been freaking awesome.

Man, I'm already hearing the tunes from the wooden temples of Wind Waker in my head :3

LLDL

Smash Hero
They shouldn't upgrade it for this version. He was absolutely correct when he said to keep it close to the original. This game still looks and should sound like it's n64 counterpart. When they release an HD remake of ocarina in the future, which they will, that version can get the music that he was composing.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm banking on Hyrule Field's theme being the orchestrated piece. Either that, the intro theme, or the credits theme.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
the video looks cool, but is strange see it with the same old sounds

i hope that nintendo reconciderate their desition of keep the original sound/music

i mean, i can understand the fact of keep somes "clasics" sounds, like the voices, and some clankcs effects. But dont keep all the sounds.

I hope be wrong, but keeping the same sound will be something that gonna low the final evaluation of the game :ohwell:

Top Bottom