• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
I'd buy a 3ds if I freaking needed one.

two years ago I bought a dsi because
1. my regular ds' battery was terrible (ds phat)
2. I thought it was actually going to have its own series of games. (nintendo tricked me again)
3. I realized the screen size was actually far significant over my original model

now I have no money because I used my savings to build a sweet desktop computer. I probably won't buy the 3ds for atleast 6 more months.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
to be honest, i dont see a very good improvement :ohwell:
That's what I've been saying about the game's graphics all along. =/

But it's still an OOT remake on a handheld console and with somewhat of a graphical improvement so I'm still going to have to have it. I don't hold Nintendo to all of that high of standards, now do I? :laugh:

Now I want a Majora's Mask remade on the Project Cafe with even better graphics than Twilight Princess. That would blow my mind. o_o

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm really happy that Death Mountain doesn't look like a cardboard cutout from afar anymore!

I would rather them make a new game for Cafe rather than waste effort on porting Majora's Mask. I would love a 3DS one, but if they did a Cafe one I would be disappointed.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I would rather them make a new game for Cafe rather than waste effort on porting Majora's Mask. I would love a 3DS one, but if they did a Cafe one I would be disappointed.
Not sure I understand that.

I wouldn't care where it goes actually, but the OoT remake isn't impressing me too much with its graphics. So it leads me to believe that a MM remake (which is very unlikely to happen anyway) on the 3DS would be the same.

They'll have a while between Skyward Sword and the Project Cafe Zelda so I don't think it would be wasted.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I don't really know what there is to be unimpressed about, I thought everything looked great, despite very few things previously mentioned such as Jabu-Jabu and Ganondorf. This is on a handheld, so I was not really expecting much from the start, mostly all of it has passed my expectations already from what I have seen.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't really know what there is to be unimpressed about, I thought everything looked great, despite very few things previously mentioned such as Jabu-Jabu and Ganondorf. This is on a handheld, so I was not really expecting much from the start, mostly all of it has passed my expectations already from what I have seen.
It's on a very powerful handheld with the capabilities of better than GCN graphics, am I right?

The game still looks a lot like an N64 game to me. Not that it bothers me too much, but it looks like a lot of the character/enemy models haven't been redone, the water looks strange, and the grass lacks a lot of detail, etc.

Just not what I'd expect from a Zelda game on a console with these graphical capabilities.

So maybe expecting it to be TP would have been too much, it still needs to stick to OoT's style, which it does perfectly with Link's new models, but aside from that I don't know...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Not sure I understand that.

I wouldn't care where it goes actually, but the OoT remake isn't impressing me too much with its graphics. So it leads me to believe that a MM remake (which is very unlikely to happen anyway) on the 3DS would be the same.

They'll have a while between Skyward Sword and the Project Cafe Zelda so I don't think it would be wasted.
Eh. The graphics aren't really important to me. They are only sort of the appeal of this remake.

But you're talking about a full fledged console HD remake of a fairly complex game. Zelda console games take a notoriously long time to be developed...but who knows, it's certainly in the realm of possibility. I'd just rather see something new for the console, and if they do remake MM keep it to the 3DS.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Eh. The graphics aren't really important to me. They are only sort of the appeal of this remake.
Well they aren't too important to me either, but to buy OoT again, remade for a console with these graphical capabilities, I do have some expectations regarding them. Much more than I would normally.

But you're talking about a full fledged console HD remake of a fairly complex game. Zelda console games take a notoriously long time to be developed...but who knows, it's certainly in the realm of possibility. I'd just rather see something new for the console, and if they do remake MM keep it to the 3DS.
But they'll be releasing Skyward Sword on the Wii right away, they'll have a long time before they have to release the Project Cafe Zelda.

Sorry, it's just a dream, I don't see it actually happening.

Gatlin

Yeah, I see your point. I guess I can say I am somewhat pleased that they improved upon a lot of things, without dwelling too far away from the graphical charm the game originally had. If they completely redid everything to look like Twilight Princess did, it wouldn't fully feel like the same game in my opinion. Would I mind? Not really, seeing as the story and everything about the oringal OoT (For the most part) would be the same. I am mainly just content with the release of the remake no matter if the graphics were the same or not.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think OoT 3D may be a bit on the downside graphically because it seems to have only been in development since right before E3.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
As long as nothings changed. I'm excited about the master quest. I never got to play that and its great that they're including it in the OoT 3DS.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
- Dan Owsen one of the main members of the game’s localization team
- Three colors paths have been added to the Water Temple
- These paths line the walls of the temple, leading to one of the locations where Link can raise/lower the water level
- Some key doors are emphasised with a colorful border surrounding them
- After you defeat a boss, you can “relive its memory”
- Sleep in Link’s bed in Kokiri Forest to do this
- Boss battles will be timed, but play the same
- No online leaderboards
- Unlock Boss Rush mode by unlocking and defeating every boss again
- Fight through every boss, one after another
- Will be provided a power-up at the end of each fight, such as Deku Nuts or hearts
- Nintendo won’t say if there will be more rewards for those who complete Boss Rush mode
- Master Quest has now been mirrored
- In Master Quest, Link will hit with twice the damage from enemies
- Sheikah Stones can be found throughout the world
- The stones are like the Gossip Stones from the original game
- Crawl inside the Sheikah Stones to receive “visions” of the future
- Visions are pre-recorded snippets of footage
- 3-5 short clips that show what to do next
- Unlock the visions as you reach certain points in the game
- Visions may show you where to find heart pieces
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=157937

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-4...ds-on-boss-rush-water-temple-super-guide.html

A lefty and righty, just like TP Link.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's pretty cool then with the Sheikah stones and going to bed to 'relive' the boss.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey that's cool. Instead of the stone of agony, we now have the shard of agony which will make a sound instead of rumble.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I like that they didn't go overboard with the graphics for this remake. In the end, it's fully realizing what Ocarina of Time was meant to be. What it was meant to look like without the limitations of the Nintendo 64's graphics.

It stays true, yet brings a fresh feel at the same time.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Someday, OoT will be remade super realistically and be expanded tenfold.

:phone:

Gatlin

I like that they didn't go overboard with the graphics for this remake. In the end, it's fully realizing what Ocarina of Time was meant to be. What it was meant to look like without the limitations of the Nintendo 64's graphics.

It stays true, yet brings a fresh feel at the same time.
Yes, I agree completely. I am satisfied with both the graphical updates in areas, but I am glad it stayed visually similar enough to recognize the N64-charm it had. If that makes sense :p

Spire said:
Someday, OoT will be remade super realistically and be expanded tenfold.
Needs some virtual reality imo :grin:

rhan

Smash Hero
Hey that's cool. Instead of the stone of agony, we now have the shard of agony which will make a sound instead of rumble.

Well.. that's to be expected because the 3DS doesn't really have a rumble system.. lol

Shinarouji

Smash Rookie
Can't wait to dust off my 3DS with this. Very upset that Devil Survivor got pushed back to August, this'll be the only thing to keep the system busy for a while.

IYM!

Smash Lord
what about Zelda with Assasing creed graphics??

Zelda have so many styles

normal Style (like an anime) : OoT, MM, TP
Toon caricature: WW, PH, ST
i dont know the name: SS

maybe a realistic one like assasing creed would be interesting... maybe

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think it looks fine as it is. Any further changes would only ruin the charm it has to me. Besides, this is a console game being made portable. When you think about it, handhelds aren't, or shouldn't, be built with the thought of admiration for visual presentation (although 3DS certainly wants to argue that fact), but an appreciation for what should be easy to pick up and put down games.

Look at why Angry birds and tetris are the most successful portable games, ever.

With this game making its way to handheld, I just appreciate the fact that I can take one of my favorite games to go. I'm excited to play the Master Quest that they added. I'm excited to play the boss rush mode - I've always been irked that they never did it for OoT, but kinda did it for MM.

Ecks

Smash Lord
what about Zelda with Assasing creed graphics??
THIS. A MILLION TIMES THIS.

But really, a combination of AC and Zelda (gameplay wise, not really graphics) would be the hit of the century. BAR NONE. EVER.

I would "fall ill (as in, stay locked)" the minute I turn the game on and would only recover after beating the game 100% twice.

On topic: I need to get a 3DS for this game.

Gatlin

Beautiful trailer, very very awesome :grin:
I want it now :( Less than a month though :D

Ecks

Smash Lord
I really need that 3DS now.

Heh. I keep forgetting that this game will also be 3d for some reason. >_>

:phone:

Gatlin

Same, really. My mind is too focused around the awesomeness of having OoT on the go :bee:

Top Bottom