• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I dunno why it's a big deal. The 3DS doesn't have good speakers anyways. Personally, I pretty much have it on mute the whole time, especially if I'm out on the go, which is what portable systems are used for. It would be an incredible waste of time and resources to have orchestrated music for a goddamn 3DS game.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I'm banking on Hyrule Field's theme being the orchestrated piece. Either that, the intro theme, or the credits theme.
I was gonna guess the same, the Windmill theme also came to mind.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Just in case you don't get Nintendo Power, they gave it a 9.5/10.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Now that E3 has come and gone, has nothing more been revealed for the game?

Do we know all that will be available upon release?

Matt07

Smash Master
The only thing I hate about this game is seeing graphically upgraded Deku Baba's...Especially the big ones in the Forest Temple. I dunno how I'm going to do Masterquest :S. Seriously why must they add those in every Zelda game :(. Other than that I'm looking forward to this game :p.

I believe we do, Boss Mode, and Masterquest are added in this version. If you buy the game early (?) you can also register your Club Nintendo code for the free soundtrack for the game.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, I have to work Sunday night. Though that's Sunday night. I'll pick my copy up when Gamestop opens, play until I work, then effectively **** everything up as I won't be able to get my mind off the game. Can't wait for those 10% tips!

I'm gonna marry Zelda Williams some day. Hell, what if they're making a Zelda movie where she's Zelda and he the King of Hyrule? How perfect would that be?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nostalgia.

I just want to relive this classic again. I haven't played it in years, though I've played it a ton of times.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'll be picking this up on Sunday at 6AM. Can't wait to relive this, I've been purposely holding off from playing OOT for months... it's been tough.

I forgot I made this thread lol. they edited the hell out of that OP

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I caved and bought a 3DS. Time for Ocarina of Time. ♥ Got a discount on a new 3DS. I can always sell this one when a new version comes out with better battery life!

etecoon

Smash Hero
that

I'm an agnostic but

if robin williams said he was god

I would believe it.

Gatlin

Today is the day :bee: Wishing I had a working car so bad right now ;_;
Hope y'all who are buying it today enjoy it at least ;D

LLDL

Smash Hero
The remixed music piece is the fairy fountain theme. The graphics are SOO much better than the videos show also.

Controls are not as tight as the original. Doing side steps and backflips are slow like in WW and TP, maybe even a little bit more sluggish. But don't worry, it isn't taking away from the game. I'm enjoying it 100%, I'm sure none of that will bother you guys either.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Controls are not as tight as the original. Doing side steps and backflips are slow like in WW and TP, maybe even a little bit more sluggish. But don't worry, it isn't taking away from the game. I'm enjoying it 100%, I'm sure none of that will bother you guys either.
...but backflips and side stepping is faster than normal running in the original :(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
This game has me pumped? Anyone else get the soundtrack with it?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Thankfully I was able to get my soundtrack ordered without any issues. The Club Nintendo site was quite slow, but that was the only issue I had. I've heard that others have not been so lucky.

Anyway, I've played up to Kakariko Village, and it has taken me nearly no time to get there. The Deku Tree was a real breeze, and the boss there was defeated quicker than I remember. Aside from that I think it's just the fact that I've played through most of this game so many times. When I get to Shadow Temple my pace will turn really slow because I've only gone through that dungeon once (I used to be scared of it lol).

§leepy God

Smash Master
So I played this game while visiting my father for fathers day... biggest mistake of my life. xD

I love the 3D in this game.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I had to call in to Nintendo so I could manually order my soundtrack, so if you had any issues, call their help line.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The game is tons of fun, no surprise. I love the gyroscope aiming and the touchscreen menus.

The 3D looks great but starts to give me a headache/fatigue after not a very long time so I generally am just using it on the cutscenes and playing in 2D.

One weird thing I noticed was that the Mario paintings are no longer in Zelda's courtyard. In fact, it looks like nothing is there. Made me sad.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I have 2 cuccoos left, but I have no idea how to get them. I can see one of them, but it's in the back left corner of the town. When I approach from the right, I'm blocked by as huge fence, and when I approach on the rooftop area from the southwestish area, there's another fence. Halp?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I have 2 cuccoos left, but I have no idea how to get them. I can see one of them, but it's in the back left corner of the town. When I approach from the right, I'm blocked by as huge fence, and when I approach on the rooftop area from the southwestish area, there's another fence. Halp?
Use another Cucco and jump from the Windmill door. You will have to throw the Cucco over the fence in order to grab onto it. Then you throw those two Cuccos over the railing.

Then, the last Cucco should be in that same area. Up the ladder and behind the windmill.

Player-1

Smash Legend
went into Walmart to get the game today and they said they had it but wasn't for sale until tomorrow cuz they were putting all the new releases out at one time instead of not bring lazy and letting me buy the game. >=O

T-block

B2B TST
Actually you don't even have to throw. Just jump from the windmill platform and you'll make it onto the fence.

went into Walmart to get the game today and they said they had it but wasn't for sale until tomorrow cuz they were putting all the new releases out at one time instead of not bring lazy and letting me buy the game. >=O
...are they even allowed to do that? D=

Gatlin

That's definite BS lol. The official release date for the game was yesterday [today in the context of your post], holding it doesn't make any sense, imo.

OT: Getting my copy tonight :awesome: Cannot wait.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
When I went to Wal Mart yesterday to get it, they didn't have it but the guy went in the back to look. At first he couldn't find it, so he brought out Dungeon Siege 2 instead. I was like wtf this isn't even the same system or anything, are you sure you don't have it?

Then this other guy went back and found it in 2 minutes. So I was happy :)

Life

Smash Hero
Just finished mine. Master Quest tomorrow.

Final boss fight
looks a lot different than the original, Ganon seems to be smaller but maybe that's an illusion from being on a small screen, and it's much better lit but still really cool

LLDL

Smash Hero
Orchestrated music piece is the ending credits. There are 2 ending credits also. One is the normal ending sequence, and then there is another credits for the 3DS staff which has the new music.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Just finished mine. Master Quest tomorrow.

Final boss fight
looks a lot different than the original, Ganon seems to be smaller but maybe that's an illusion from being on a small screen, and it's much better lit but still really cool
Lol. I'm going so slooow. I just beat Jabu Jabu's Belly and I've had the game since NA launch. I love it. I feel like I'm playing it for the first time almost. The sense of wonder is comparable :3

Tacel

Smash Lord
One weird thing I noticed was that the Mario paintings are no longer in Zelda's courtyard. In fact, it looks like nothing is there. Made me sad.
Looking through the right window you can see a New Super Mario Brothers type world.

I have been playing whenever I have time. I just
beat Phantom Ganon. I deflected his energy spheres with an empty bottle. I think it might actually be easier that way. :p

So far my favorite scenery I have seen is in the main room of Dodongo's Cavern and in Zora's Domain. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom