• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

I LAG

Smash Lord
man **** u liam

using ike and zelda is just tooo far

u crossed the ****ing line

they are imo better than all the top tier cept for snake because they are soo easy to play at a high level

zelda has that buffering **** like retreating air dodge > insta d-smash and all those spammy fire thingys

and ike has 100% perfect edge guarding and ****ing jab cancels
when u play him its like jab cancel > something > your offstage > he is ike > your not getting back onstage

D0N

Smash Ace
And there in lies your flaw scoot. You rely too much on counterpicking. Youd be much better if you stuck to one char.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Oh snap, Scooty Puff done got told. A guy in melb has the same problem. He's got a solid MK and Diddy, but he has about 8 other characters he uses. He'd be much better if he just put focus in those two but he doesn't.

....then there's people like Cobalt who defy this theory.

And I really hope this is confirmed for the 8th. Myself and Condog will be rippin' it up Melbourne stylez.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its true ilag, for a long time I've stood by the fact that toby is simply the best but doesnt achieve placings because of the many weakness's in PT, I have played his other chars various times when I have stayed at his house and I get super *****.

and I predict liam doing extremely well in this next tourney.

also, who loves my new avatar!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
its true ilag, for a long time I've stood by the fact that toby is simply the best but doesnt achieve placings because of the many weakness's in PT, I have played his other chars various times when I have stayed at his house and I get super *****.

and I predict liam doing extremely well in this next tourney.

also, who loves my new avatar!
it are good. i been practicing guys so be careful my jigglypuff is mad good now

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh I see what you did there vermy, but allow me this cruel blow in denfense of condog, who made it out of pools in rocky and who didnt?

Vermy

Smash Champion
In "denfense" of me,

I HAD THE DEATH POOL. EVERYONE KILLED EVERYONE. Amaterasu and Isorropia made it out of my pool, and I'll be the bigger person and admit because they're just straight out better players than me.

But come Boost and I'll be paping you all. I've learned a lot of tricks since Rocky, so don't go underestimating me. ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you wont be papeing the orginal papers!

besides pretty much no amount of skill can help pt win against the dog**** that is snake

Vermy

Smash Champion
.....who said I'd be using P Tizzle vs Snake? =)

Best check the mains thread, son. I just added an Ekans with Explosion and a Swellow with Quick Attack to my party.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oho but you can you out snake the original snake?
and I have no idea what a swellow is but since it sounds like swallow I can only assume you mean shaya falco?

but I'm sure toby will agree, once a PT, always a PT

Vermy

Smash Champion
Falco is correct, you get a cookie. A metaphorical cookie. In theory its delicious.

And yeah, I'll always be a PT main. There have been so many times that I've wanted to take a Razor Leaf to my wrist, but I always go back to my Pokeman roots.

Hell, I'm one of the best PTs there is. The world just doesn't know it yet. =)

I LAG

Smash Lord
toby next time we meet teach me mk and vs me in a best of 5 mk dittos

EDIT: also yeh liam will do extremely well at squat

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Toby's the shiz, foshizzle.

Last time I was like "Man, if I'm serious about seconding MK I need to learn him properly," and Toby like the real man he is stood up and was like "Well I don't like MK, but since you're SUCH A COOL GUY EA I'll teach you anyway!" And thus, I was taught.

YEAHHHH

atyeo said:
but I'm sure toby will agree, once a PT, always a PT
You say that, and yet, typh...

(sorry toby, I couldn't resissssst. D: )

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Roar

book flights
bring melty
Shiki duals only (any of the 3)
FINAL DESTINATION.

Reminders:
No outside food/drinks <3

Events:
Singles
Doubles
Melee Singles?

Last time we had this schedule that went to just before 9pm, only an hour off, which included melee doubles.
I think having just these three will have keep things down to the 8pm finish.
Maybe even time for proper bowling.

D0N

Smash Ace
So there are a few people I would like to record matches with at this, or sometime before I leave... If I see you...

Scabe
Meteor
Luke
DK players
Zero
S.D
Condog
CAO

All $MM$ best of 3 $5 and up. Or if you just refuse, the rules are beat me and ill give you 2$ so I can consider it a MM. Its a shame I didnt record against Amaterasu and Corpse when I played them. If I thought I would see them again they would definatly be up there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
DON wants to see me? bawwwww <3 I'm suppopsed to be saving grrr

Wow I can't believe how cheap these flights are. $56RT, Blazing Blazikens. Is there going to be Melee? If there is Melee singles (which I can happily run for my own monetary benefit) I'll come 100%, and also because I want to play with Shaya's videos

Scabe

Successful Businessman
8th of November, must remember to get work off.

I'd love to money match you D0N and hopefully it'll get recorded.

Everyone should money match me as you'll be guaranteed easy money. ;)

But yeah I'm up for some challenges.

Vermy

Smash Champion
.....$56????

Whatwhatwhat??

Cao, what airlines, what day are you arriving/returning?

Myself and Condog were looking at paying a fair bit more for a return trip.

Melty singles, kgo.

S.D

Smash Master
CAO is coming? <3 Wubs!

Melee on fo sho Dave, I'll have just finished uni by then so there'll be nothing holding me back from ****** you.

@DON: I'm up for that, I still can't believe we haven't played yet! Are there any of my characters you would prefer to play against? - Pit/Diddy/D3/mk/Peach/Lucas

I LAG

Smash Lord
:( don dont u want to record any matches with me to show your american friends how mk is played I_LAG style?

toby please teach me

D0N

Smash Ace
S.D as long as you pick a character you normally use im happy. Play it as if it were a tourney match.

I_LAG... no

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Falco is correct, you get a cookie. A metaphorical cookie. In theory its delicious.

And yeah, I'll always be a PT main. There have been so many times that I've wanted to take a Razor Leaf to my wrist, but I always go back to my Pokeman roots.

Hell, I'm one of the best PTs there is. The world just doesn't know it yet. =)
I challenge you to both a PT and falco dito money match. So theoretically we might win one each, or I might beat you PT in a dito :laugh:

If you don't wanna money match we should still play the ditos

Edit: 61st post, hell yeah. Also ILAG if I am feeling generous I will tell you how to play MK better this tournament, that is after I three stock you with Snake.

Top Bottom