• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Recovery tier list.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
i dont really care about Pits placig but as for the "pit is soo easily gimped" part is seriously pissing me off.
Pits WoI is always used as a last resort. It can go under stages to avoid most gimps. for certain characters Pit can actually stall out there and wait for the opponent to waste their time and be forced to recover(that is if they jump off). finally the most important part is. Pits WoI gives the fastest manueverability in the game. in theory You are Not supposed to be able to hit him!. (sadly this does not apply to certain projectiles)

FBM

Smash Apprentice
ZSS deserves to be where she is IMO. People often see "tether" and think "bad," but she jump-boosts her up+B, doesn't fall very fast, and can down B for another jump that can footstool someone hogging the ledge. She also can also use her side+B to attack people who might try to attack her while she's making her way back.

And imo, Metaknight deserves his own tier. The fact that he has 5 jumps, 2 glides, and 4 possible recovery moves is unmatched. Having 3 recovery moves that will carry him to the stage from quite far gives him unparalleled options and makes him as close to ungimpable as possible. Wario is pretty **** hard to gimp, it's true, but it's possible. ROB's recovery is sick too, but it's stoppable seeing as he can't airdodge. With MK, you can set yourself up to block one of his recovery paths and he just use a different one in a heartbeat.

_clinton

Smash Master
Zamus can only use the D+B once per time in the air...just thought I'd bring that up...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Rank S
Metaknight
Sonic

Rank A
ROB
Jigglypuff
Wario
Kirby
Pit
Game and Watch

Rank B
Pikachu
Toon Link
Luigi
Lucario
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Fox
Lucas
Diddy Kong

Rank C
ZSS
Zelda
Snake
Princess Peach
Samus
Charizard
Falco
Sheik
Squirtle
DK

Rank D
Ness
Mario
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Marth
Wolf
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Ganondorf
Olimar
Ivysaur

Rank F
Metal Primid

Rank L
Link

Fix'd.

Levitas

the moon
Kitamerby, you've never seen a lucas wavezap to magnet pull to pkt2 before, have you? There's no way he's lower than fox. he's got a much better recovery than you think.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Kitamerby, you've never seen a lucas wavezap to magnet pull to pkt2 before, have you? There's no way he's lower than fox. he's got a much better recovery than you think.
Actually, I haven't. I completely forgot about the wavezap bouncing, though. I'm not sure where to put Lucas, in that case.

Frown

poekmon
I've tried to shut up when people put Yoshi too low in their personal tier lists, but this time, I have to asy something.

Yoshi will always, always, always make it back to the stage. He can even go under Final Destination! And juggernaut frames during second jump? Yeah, he has those.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Rank S
Metaknight
Sonic

Rank A
ROB
Jigglypuff
Wario
Kirby
Pit
Game and Watch

Rank B
Pikachu
Toon Link
Luigi
Lucario
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Fox
Lucas
Diddy Kong

Rank C
ZSS
Zelda
Snake
Princess Peach
Samus
Charizard
Falco
Sheik
Squirtle
DK

Rank D
Ness
Mario
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Marth
Wolf
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Ganondorf
Olimar
Ivysaur

Rank F
Metal Primid

Rank L
Link

Fix'd.
I think rob should be above sonic. And snake is far too low. He has that nade dropping thing in midair aswell.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
If it's distance wise, yes, he deserves where he is.
But he can be edgeguarded to some extent. Not gimped due to his good recovery, but he's going to take damage.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Woah wait what? Peach is in C Tier and below Charizard, Fox, ZSS, Lucario, Diddy Kong and Zelda?

Sorry but no. Just no. Peach has fantastic horiztonal recovery that is way more controllable than those characters above. Combined with Floating, Toad and Peach Bomber, her horiztonal recovery is easily one of the best in the game.

She loses marks on her vertical recovery, there is no denying that. Whilst her 2nd jump is now very small, her Up + B sends her much higher. Imo, it's like they've swapped places from Melee. She is easily in high Rank B.

Snake needs to go up as well and Jigglypuff needs to move down. Her 5 jumps are great and all but you're missing out on the fact that once your jumps are gone in the air, you cannot use them again until you land. In that situation, you are forced to use your recovery move which for most people is Up + B. Remember, if you get hit in the air, you can use your recovery move again but you can't use your jumps again

Browny

Smash Hater
i think its fair.

remember this isnt an up-b tier list otherwise jiggs would be rock bottom. when i think of all the marths ive faced, i woulndt be surprised if on average 1/3 stocks i take from them was because they couldnt recover.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
i think its fair.

remember this isnt an up-b tier list otherwise jiggs would be rock bottom. when i think of all the marths ive faced, i woulndt be surprised if on average 1/3 stocks i take from them was because they couldnt recover.
I know it's not an Up + B tier list (Peach would probably deserve to be where she is now if it was)and I'm not flat out saying Jumps are bad and Up + B's aren't. I'm just saying that being able to use your Up + B again and not your jumps when you've been hit (and used all your jumps) needs to be taken into account

What also needs to be made clear in the OP is what is being taken into account when constructing this tier list. Are we just basing it on jumps? Recovery specials? How easy it is to gimp/edgeguard the recovery? The list can look completly different if, say, we base it on how good the recovery is and ignore how easily it might be intercepted or if we base it on how good the recovery is and take into account how easily it might be intercepted

_clinton

Smash Master
Rank S
Metaknight
Sonic

Rank A
ROB
Jigglypuff
Wario
Kirby
Pit
Game and Watch

Rank B
Pikachu
Toon Link
Luigi
Lucario
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Fox
Lucas
Diddy Kong

Rank C
ZSS
Zelda
Snake
Princess Peach
Samus
Charizard
Falco
Sheik
Squirtle
DK

Rank D
Ness
Mario
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Marth
Wolf
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Ganondorf
Olimar
Ivysaur

Rank F
Metal Primid

Rank L
Link

Fix'd.
Well this list is wrong

jaap

Smash Cadet
tier list

i also made a own recovery tier list totally based on opinion, so a lot would be wrong in my tier list 2 i guess.

here it is:

Rank S
Meta knight
R.O.B

Rank A
Pit
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Sonic
King Dedede
Game and Watch
Lucas
Wario

Rank B
Charizard
Pikachu
Fox
Luigi
Falco
Diddy Kong

Rank C
Ice Climbers
Toon Link
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Peach
Wolf
Samus
Yoshi
Lucario
Marth

Rank D
Captain Falcon
Sheik
Mario
Ness
Squirtle
Donkey Kong
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Ivysaur
Olimar
Ganondorf
Link

like it or not :p? always open for change. also say why he/she has a gd recovery :)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Actually, Captain Falcon does have a better recovery than Marth. Do you have any idea how much range that UpB gets? Furthermore, he has good aerial DI, and can use Uair and Nair as edgeguard deterrents, while SideB should be a scarely used mix-up. Faux grab super armor is too good in this game.

Pit has a better recovery than Wario and Kirby, he can glide, in addition to having 3 midair jumps, and a ridiculous UpB, and can shoot arrows while jumping back to deter edgeguarding. Glide attacks have ridiculous range, and there's no priority in midair.

Since hitstun is really scarce in this game as well, Toon Link can pluck a bomb while still in knockback, and it should detonate before he fails, jumps, falls, and upBs. This should be taken into consideration, though it is scarely done. In some cases, this tactic can be used to go under certain stages, such as Smashville.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
WTF STOP PUTTING PIT BELOW EFFING WARIO

what am I not getting about pits recovery being bad? He can glide, simply multi jump back on, or use his HUGe upb

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
My tier list:

Rank S
Metaknight
Rob
Lucas

Rank A
Jigglypuff
Kirby

Pikachu
Sonic
King DDD
Game and Watch

Rank B
Pit
Toon Link
Luigi

Fox
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Charizard
ZSS

Rank C
Zelda
Snake
Princess Peach
Sheik
Samus
Falco

Squirtle
DK
Ike

Rank D
Ness
Mario
Captain Falcon
Marth
Wolf
Yoshi
Ganondorf

Rank E
Bowser
Link
Ivysaur
Olimar
Wario

Almost the same.:laugh:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wario shouldnt be that high on the list, his bike jump does go high but you might not be able touse it everytime due to it possibly being on stage, and his fart cna only be used once every like 3 minutes...
sonic should be higher just because i think hes the only character with out a fly or glide that can go under final D and he doesnt even have to wall jump to do so.

side b to midair jump to spring, also it moves faster than glides so its the most viable way to go understages without getting gimped

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
and can i get a vid of how amazing lucas's recovery is, cause i dont believe it.
People... Sonic is the only character other than MK that has four special moves that can be used for recovery. (if someone else has four specials that can be used for recovery, point me to him/her, and excuse me for my mistake).
Lucas' horizontal movement seems the same as B> to D.jump and his vertical movement seems shorter then a spring to me. Plus Sonic's got homing attack and invincible frames.

:sonic: = :lucas: ?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Lucas' horizontal movement seems the same as B> to D.jump and his vertical movement seems shorter then a spring to me. Plus Sonic's got homing attack and invincible frames.

:sonic: = :lucas: ?
Lucas gets a lot more distance and height than Sonic, because he has better overall air control. Sonic can't move any faster with Spindash > DJ than Lucas can with Zap Jump Magnet Pull. And Lucas gets more height in that case, and doesn't fall as much because of PSI Magnet's stalling quality. Once you've done that, it goes to upBs. PKT2 has much, much, much better horizontal distance than Spring Jump, and Lucas has much better air control afterwards. Sonic has Homing Attack, sure, but that's not going to help with the fact that Lucas' recovery is much better.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sorry, what? So much blatant inaccuracy.

Wario, Lucas, D3 and Fox are glaring inaccuracies that spring out at you upon merely skimming. How did you ever get it into your head that D3 of all people has a good recovery?

Frown

poekmon
wario shouldnt be that high on the list, his bike jump does go high but you might not be able touse it everytime due to it possibly being on stage, and his fart cna only be used once every like 3 minutes...
sonic should be higher just because i think hes the only character with out a fly or glide that can go under final D and he doesnt even have to wall jump to do so.

side b to midair jump to spring, also it moves faster than glides so its the most viable way to go understages without getting gimped
Luigi, Peach, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Link, Toon Link, Samus, Zamus, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Pikachu, Lucas and Snake would like to say hello.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
:) i dont rly agree with it, so i made a own recovery tier list totally based on opinion, so a lot would be wrong in my tier list 2 i guess.

here it is:

Rank S
Meta knight
R.O.B

Rank A
Pit
Kirby
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Wario
Sonic
Snake
Game and Watch

Rank B
Lucas
Charizard
Pikachu
Fox
Diddy Kong

Rank C
Ice Climbers
Toon Link
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Peach
Yoshi
Lucario
Luigi
Wolf
Sheik
Samus

Rank D
Captain Falcon
Marth
Ness
Squirtle
Mario
Donkey Kong
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Ivysaur
Olimar
Ganondorf
Link

like it or not :p?
Where is Falco on the list?

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Rank S
Metaknight
Rob
Wario

Rank A
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Lucas
Pikachu
Sonic
King DDD
Game and Watch

Rank B
Pit
Toon Link
Luigi
Fox
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Charizard
ZSS

Rank C
Zelda
Snake
Princess Peach
Sheik
Samus
Falco
Yoshi
Squirtle
DK

Rank D
Ness
Mario
Captain Falcon
Marth
Wolf
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Link
Ivysaur
Olimar
Ganondorf

Open to change.
I am sorry, but this is wrong. Let me fix it.

Rank S:
Metaknight
Rob
Kirby

Rank A:
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Sonic
Pit
Zamus
Wolf

Rank B:
G&W
Fox
Falco
Charizard
Toon Link
Ike

Rank C:
Samus
Luigi
Marth
Squirtle
Yoshi
Sheik
Zelda
Peach
Wario
DK
Lucario
Diddy Kong

Rank D:
Ice Climbers
Bowser
Link
Mario
Olimar
King Dedede

Rank F:
Ganondorf
Snake
Captain Falcon
Ivysaur

Snake recovery sucks. If you are trapped below a solid platform, it's game over.

Top Bottom