• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Recovery tier list.

Amide

Smash Lord
Jiggly has no wall jumps, glide, upB, wall climb just decreasing jumps and pound.

Also Sonic>G&W.
Yes so Captain Falcons recovery is the best because of wall jump. Charizard is god because of glide, Kirby has awful UPB so she has awful recovery...

Puff can recover from like, anywhere on any stage. It's like the only thing she's good at.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I still think Pit should go up. He's stil got his glide and two second jumps beside the gimpable WoI. If you look around, you'll find that Pit is one of the three characters that can actually fly from the leftmost edge of Temple to the rightmost edge. IMO, that's got to count for something.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Yes so Captain Falcons recovery is the best because of wall jump. Charizard is god because of glide, Kirby has awful UPB so she has awful recovery...

Puff can recover from like, anywhere on any stage. It's like the only thing she's good at.
First of all don't miss quote me. It's not smart or clever. Secondly, don't be so biased towards your main.

Wall jump helps under stages. UpB helps when getting spiked. Glide, why do you think Metaknight has the best recovery in the game? Jiggs was good in melee but not so in brawl.

One of the best air speed in the game and Rising Pound make up for that, as well as Rollout to improve air speed.
One of the best DI, not air speed. Jiggs is better recovering horizontally then vertically.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
@lax guy5: You seem to think that this is about the characters' up special. It's not, it's about their whole recovery, which includes their jumps, whether they can glide or wall jump or wall cling, their aerial DI, and how easily they can be gimped. Also, when you quote something, put your own judgements outside of the quote so other people can quote you.

BTW, a good Pit player can avoid a character coming at him/her/it while using WOI, but projectiles are kind of a problem IMO.

Snail

Smash Lord
Olimar should be above Ivysaur. Olimar's upB gives him a slight vertical and horizontal boost that can help him over the edge, his whistle prevents getting edgeguarded to some extent and he's a lot floatier than Ivysaur.

It's still pretty bad though. Just think he should be above Ivy (;

napZzz

Smash Hero
PKnintendo this whole thread fails. Its a bad list that brought up people flaming it and you try to protect it like it was someones deathwish to make sure no noobs show you up in your thread.

This whole list is retarted, especally at wario being top tier (what if his bike is on stage?) and snake being in the c tier.

His c4 will ALWAYS bring him back, and his cypher is simply amazing. He does NOT have bad air DI either. His cypher brings him large distances and so do his jumps. The point of recovery is getting back, and who cares if he takes damage doing it? I'd rather take 17% or however much it does to come back then die.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Snakes is easily gimped, or are you saying it should be lower?
I agree with Olimars.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
PKnintendo this whole thread fails. Its a bad list that brought up people flaming it and you try to protect it like it was someones deathwish to make sure no noobs show you up in your thread.

This whole list is retarted, especally at wario being top tier (what if his bike is on stage?) and snake being in the c tier.

His c4 will ALWAYS bring him back, and his cypher is simply amazing. He does NOT have bad air DI either. His cypher brings him large distances and so do his jumps. The point of recovery is getting back, and who cares if he takes damage doing it? I'd rather take 17% or however much it does to come back then die.
Irony? The list isn't that bad...

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
PKNintendo, this is a pretty interesting list, and, overall, I find it to be generally accurate, but the most glaring flaw, in my opinion, is that Marth is much better than Mario at recovery, since their up-b's are basically the same, but Marth's is faster and goes farther. Also, Marth has better aerials and he can side-b after his second jump to gain height, and use neutral b to gain tremendous distance when recovering from the side. Another problem with this is Wario, sure he has good aerial movement, and his bike jump is good, but his up-b is absolutely terrible, and if the Wario has left his bike on stage, then he's pretty much doomed. He should still be high, but just not that high. Also, Pit should be higher because a good Pit generally won't even use his up-b. Pit can also fire arrows at any edge-guarders, and he has a very good glide and glide attack. Finally, the last problems I can see are that Ness should be higher than both DK and Peach, because of his amazing second jump and aerials (especially fair), even if his up-b is gimpable, at least he can make it back from spikes, such as Falco's chaingrab>spike.
Also, this may be a little biased, since I main Falco, but he should be higher than both DK and Peach, because he can match either of them with horizontal recovery (Phantasm can be cancelled at 3/4 to give extremely fast and long glide) and he has a longer distance up-b.

Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Amide

Smash Lord
First of all don't miss quote me. It's not smart or clever. Secondly, don't be so biased towards your main.

Wall jump helps under stages. UpB helps when getting spiked. Glide, why do you think Metaknight has the best recovery in the game? Jiggs was good in melee but not so in brawl.

One of the best DI, not air speed. Jiggs is better recovering horizontally then vertically.
Biased towards my main? First off, I don't really main Puff. When I HAVE to win, I plan Snake or Meta. Look at it this way, Jigglypuff flat out sucks. This is true. But at the same time, it doesn't mean she has a bad recovery. Captain sucks, but I'm not gonna put him at the bottom of a speed tier list.

IDK

Smash Lord
luigi should be higher if you look at his down b after a jump. ice climbers have broken recovery if you have fast fingers for their forward b. diddy's is pretty good too... the only time i don't recover is after spikes past a certain percent because i'll fall while doing upb. ganon does NOT have the worst recovery in the game.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Fox is Rank B and Falco is Rank D. Is there something I am missing here?
Falco is rank C, Phantasm can give an amazing horizontal distance, Fox has his Helicopter kicks and a longer Up-B

Blad01

Smash Lord
Rank S
Metaknight
Rob
Wario

Rank A
Kirby
Lucas
Pikachu
King DDD
Jigglypuff
Game and Watch
Sonic

Rank B
Pit
Toon Link
Luigi
Fox
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Charizard
ZSS

Rank C
Zelda
Snake
Samus - Better than Sheik's. Floatty, bombs, good jump. Quick Up B, and tether... Alaways recovers.
Sheik
Yoshi
Squirtle
Princess Peach
DK

Rank D
Falco - Better than every character below, but his Up B is still crap.
Ness - Easily gimpable.
Mario
Captain Falcon
Marth
Wolf
Ike

Rank E
Ganondorf - Better than the ones below. Side B can Ganoncide. Up B is good (goes farther than Marth's) but easily gimpable. Still, it can stagespike, and has a hitbox a the top.
Bowser
Link
Olimar
Ivysaur - Lower than Olimar
My thoughts.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Snakes is easily gimped, or are you saying it should be lower?
I agree with Olimars.
Snake CAN get gimped kinda off stage if yoru stupid, he's easily spiked I guess. But I still think he should be B rank. AT LEAST. For having the ability to almost always come back due to his huge up b and the c4.

Mote_Of_Fire

Smash Rookie
I heavily disagree with ROB's recovery. Also, Snake's, but to a lesser extent. Either I can't use them well, or I just suck, but ****, they recovery screws me over and sets me up for spikes.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff's recovery is better than Kirby's, Lucas's, Pikachu's, King DDD's, and Wario's, if you include the rising pounds...

Mote_Of_Fire

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff's recovery is better than Kirby's, Lucas's, Pikachu's, King DDD's, and Wario's, if you include the rising pounds...

this

Usually, if you don't outright kill jigglypuff, she's always going to make it back to the stage. It's frustrating as hell, even when I use my Falco/Toon Link against over jigglypuffs.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Why is Luigi so low? He's almost guaranteed to make it back. Except for Sonic.

10springgimps

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I laughed at Pit over sonic. Yes you can hit him out of his Up B and sent him to his doom, but you completely neglected his Glide. You need to move Lucas, Pikachu, Kirby, and sonic down a few pegs as well...

Really, If your going to make a recovery tier list, give us some reasoning in your post why everybody is placed.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Rank S
Metaknight
Rob
Wario

Rank A
Kirby
Lucas
Pikachu
King DDD
Jigglypuff
Game and Watch
Sonic

Rank B
Pit
Toon Link
Luigi
Fox
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Charizard
ZSS

Rank C
Zelda
Snake
Sheik
Samus
Yoshi
Squirtle
Princess Peach
DK

Rank D
Ness
Mario
Captain Falcon
Marth
Falco
Wolf
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Link
Ivysaur
Olimar
Ganondorf

Open to change.
Epic failure, you deserve to be punished for this.

Amide

Smash Lord
Yeah, how the heck is sonic so high? It's sometimes possible to edge hog him too. Come on... Jumps alone, Pit over Sonic.

At Excellence: Umm, yes it has tons of mistakes, but it's not THAT bad.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I laughed at Pit over sonic. Yes you can hit him out of his Up B and sent him to his doom, but you completely neglected his Glide. You need to move Lucas, Pikachu, Kirby, and sonic down a few pegs as well...

Really, If your going to make a recovery tier list, give us some reasoning in your post why everybody is placed.
UpB>Glide.

Glide is just for horizontal recovery not vertical. And you can still be hit out of it.

And I hope your joking about Sonic, Pikachu and Kirby >_>

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
UpB>Glide.

Glide is just for horizontal recovery not vertical. And you can still be hit out of it.

And I hope your joking about Sonic, Pikachu and Kirby >_>
I'm not joking they should seriously be moved down a bit to make room for pit and jiggly. I guess how I worded it might of made it sound like I meant "Move down a ton" but I only meant a little..

Also, are we factoring in gimpability or not?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What I dislike is not the flames. It's that sense of superiority some of you try to convey. I don't mind criticisms, but enough is enough. And also, criticize and leave tid bits K? Lest you want to look like an ***. Oh wait, everyone here strives to look like the smashjourneman/lord they're actually not.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Yeah, how the heck is sonic so high? It's sometimes possible to edge hog him too. Come on... Jumps alone, Pit over Sonic.

At Excellence: Umm, yes it has tons of mistakes, but it's not THAT bad.
No.
Edgehog Sonic the hedgehog?

Sonic footstool after UpB>edgehog
Homing attack>edgehog
Wall jump if underneath>edgehog

Pit's extra 3 jumps each are less then a full jump. Sonic has 2 full jumps: B> to D.jump

Sonic also has invincible frames on his upB and sideB, whereas one hit and Pit is dead.

Also Sonic's fast in the air due to HA, spinshot and upB. Hard to gimp a GOOD Sonic. Pit's speed only comes from his glide.

Sonic>Pit

What I dislike is not the flames. It's that sense of superiority some of you try to convey. I don't mind criticisms, but enough is enough. And also, criticize and live tid bits K? Lest you want to look like an ***. Oh wait, everyone here strives to look like the smashjourneman/lord they're actually not.
The amount of post you make have nothing to do with someones intelligence.

Amide

Smash Lord
OK... I was wrong on the edge hog thing. Still, you accused ME of being biased towards my main.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
these kind of things inherently always cause a lot of arguing...but if we look at each char's recovery in a logical way then it can be resolved.

The factors that must be taken into account are:
1. Vertical distance
2. Horizontal distance
3. Gimpability
4. Char-specific techniques

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
It's not being biased if you're stating facts, which is what Chis is doing. I happen to agree with him, Sonic has one of the better recoveries in the game. I don't blame any of you for not believing, most Sonic's you'll have played will have been garbage and just spring recovered every time.
Jigglypuff has one of the better recoveries. Move her up.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
What I dislike is not the flames. It's that sense of superiority some of you try to convey. I don't mind criticisms, but enough is enough. And also, criticize and leave tid bits K? Lest you want to look like an ***. Oh wait, everyone here strives to look like the smashjourneyman/lord they're actually not.
This post wins.

Also, I think Pit might be a little higher, unless you are factoring in spikeability during recovery. In that case, yeah, he is where he oughta be... For some reason it's easy for me to meteor a recovering Pit. Well, maybe those Pits were beginners or something... Also, why is Wario so high? His Crokscrew doesn't take him very far... And his Bike is good, but I don't think it's that good. It's sorta slow, so it might be intercepted.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Oh My goodness.. what happened to this thread? Half of you people should be ashamed of yourselves for calling this list "Fail" and flaming like there's no tomorrow. Obviously, this thread is meant for other people to add their opinions, but some facts should be present in your arguments. You can't just say "Oh my God metalnite's is the bestest! There's really no reason there should be any of this. If you provide your statements with some valid facts, PkNintendo may adjust the list accordingly. So stop flaming him and this thread. Thank you in advance. ;)

♥Anyway, I think Peach should be a little higher on that list. Her Horizontal recovery is incredible with her float. She's definitely not the lightest character ( I'm pretty sure she's around the same weight, if not heavier than Falco and Marth) and her vertical recovery is just as high as in Melee factoring her new Parasol's recovery height. Furthermore, she can't be gimped as easily as other characters due to the fact that her Peach Bomber adds extra distance to recovering, and her Parasol can still hit ledgehoggers even when it's open( unlike many other characters). Some characters such as Squirtle, Diddy Kong, and a few others cannot attack after using their up b. If they are ledgehogged, its over due to good timing and invicibility frames whereas Peach has her Parasol after-hit to attack people on the ledge and that gives her a chance to grab on.

♥Now that's good reasoning. Or at least.. much better than how some of you people reason...

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
DK's recovery is atleast better than Zelda's. His recovery is nearly ungimpable becuase of the huge priority in it, and it almost always gets him baCK TO THE STAGE ALONG WITH HIS JUMP. aND ITS ONE OF THE FEW THAT GETS YOU BACK FROM THOSE AKWARD ANGLES
eew caps >.>

Top Bottom