• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Recovery tier list.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Rank S
Metaknight
Jigglypuff
Pit
Rob

Rank A
Kirby
Wario
Sonic
Game and Watch
Lucas
Pikachu

Rank B
King DDD
Toon Link
Luigi
Samus
ZSS
Princess Peach
Fox
Lucario
Diddy Kong

Rank C
Snake
Charizard
Yoshi
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Marth

Rank D
Ness
Squirtle
Mario
Captain Falcon
DK
Wolf
Falco
Ike

Rank E
Bowser
Link
Ivysaur
Olimar
Ganondorf
Solo Climber
Solo Olimar

Current conflicts
*None*

Also, a good friend of mind (Clinton) has come up with a vertical test.

Mario-4, 6(Wall Jump)
Luigi-5, 9(Tornado)
Peach-3
Bowser-4
DK-4
Diddy-6
Yoshi-4
Wario-4, 8(Bike Jump Add on), Clear(Waft Add on)
Link-4, 7(Bomb Jump)
Zelda-5
Shiek-6
Ganondorf-5
Tink-5, 9(Bomb Jump)
Samus-5, 7(Wall Jump)
Zamus-3(2nd), 6(Rope), 8(Wall Jump)
Pit-4(Jumps), 8(WoI only), Clear(Full)
Ice C-4(Belay P.), 6(Leader), 4~7(Best Together)
Solo Ice-3
ROB-10
Kirby-5(Jumps), 7(Full)
MK-5(Jumps), 8(Shuttle Loop), 9(Drill Rush)
King D3-5(Jumps), 8(Full)
Olimar-3(0 Pikmin), 4(3 Pikmin), 5(5 Pikmin)
Fox-3(2nd and Illusion), 7(Fire Fox), 8(2nd Add on)
Falco-3(2nd and Illusion), 6(Fire Bird)
Wolf-3(2nd and Illusion), 6(Fire Wolf)
C. Falcon-2(2nd and Raptor Boost), 5(Full), 7(Wall Jump)
Pikachu-7(Normal), 8(Wall Jump)
Squirtle-4(Normal), 6(Wall Tricks)
Ivysaur-2(2nd), 5(Rope)
Charizard-3(Jumps), 5(Full)
Lucario-6(Full), 9(3rd to Wall)
Jigglypuff-6(Jumps), 7(Add ons)
Marth-5(everything)
Ike-4
Ness-3(2nd), 6(Full)
Lucas-3(2nd), 4(2nd and Snake), 7(Full 2nd), 10(Full Zap Jumping)
Mr. G&W-5
Snake-7(Normal), Clear(Add ons)
Sonic-6(Normal), 7(Spin Jump), 8(Wall Jump)

Open to change.

Amide

Smash Lord
Wario, does NOT have the third best recovery in the game. I'd switch Kirby and Jigglypuff (Rising pound plus better horizontal recovery, and Kirby is a bit easier to gimp) put Snake much higher, Cypher plus C4 equals one of best recoveries in game.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wario, does NOT have the third best recovery in the game. I'd switch Kirby and Jigglypuff (Rising pound plus better horizontal recovery, and Kirby is a bit easier to gimp) put Snake much higher, Cypher plus C4 equals one of best recoveries in game.
I find that Wario has a better horizontal recovery than Jiggs. (His aerial movement is really good. I know Jiggs is good to, but Wario aerial movements backwards/forward is good as well.)

C4 takes damage, and can be interrupted. Snake has bad jumps and bad aerial movement.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Kirby can come back with Hammer, then he isn't too easy to gimp, i think he is in the right place, and Wario is too high, his UpB is pretty bad. I would put in High, but Top no.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Where did you get these? Is it just opinion? Have you done tests? How the hell is Falco's recovery better than Snake or Samus? How is Ganondorf's better than Falcon or Bowser? How is Kirby's better than Jigglypuff's?

This kind of thing can't be based on opinion. It has to rely on tests and data. It also has to rely on more than moves. Ganondorf, for instance has horrible, horrible air control, and his recovery isn't any better than Olimar's in terms of height, and only so much better in terms of height if Olimar gets edge-hogged (Olimar has a much better second jump, you'll remember). My tests show that if you ignore Popo on his own, Ganondorf has either the worst or the second worst recovery in the game, easily.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Where did you get these? Is it just opinion? Have you done tests? How the hell is Falco's recovery better than Snake or Samus? How is Ganondorf's better than Falcon or Bowser? How is Kirby's better than Jigglypuff's?

This kind of thing can't be based on opinion. It has to rely on tests and data. It also has to rely on more than moves. Ganondorf, for instance has horrible, horrible air control, and his recovery isn't any better than Olimar's in terms of height, and only so much better in terms of height if Olimar gets edge-hogged (Olimar has a much better second jump, you'll remember). My tests show that if you ignore Popo on his own, Ganondorf has either the worst or the second worst recovery in the game, easily.
Duly noted.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Falco is down with Link.

Wario has a set path to travel when recovering, and he relies on previous parts of the battle (Bike onstage or no) to recover. High, but not top.

Sonic is above G&W. Spin Shot+Spring=Ungimpable

Yoshi is around the middle of the "C" group. A good Yoshi will not get gimped.

Amide

Smash Lord
Also to add, while Lucas's recovery can not be intercepted, you probably have enough time to attack during it. Definitely not amazing.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Lucas has a good recovery WUT?!
Sure, I know of his PSI Magnet recovery technique, but he doesn't deserve to be that high.

I find Sonic being down there funnier though. And ROB isn't that high.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Some changes:

Moved Falco to D
And Yoshi to E.

Lucas doesn't just have the magnet pull, he has zap jumping. Sonic doesn't as good aerial movement has G&W. I might change it though.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Lucas has a good recovery WUT?!
Sure, I know of his PSI Magnet recovery technique, but he doesn't deserve to be that high.

I find Sonic being down there funnier though. And ROB isn't that high.
Lucas' recovery is pretty amazing if you include Zap Jump, and the fact that PKT and PKT2 can't be interrupted. These plus Magnet Pull, amazing air control and a tether recovery make him very versatile when recovering.

Also, ROB has the second best recovery in the game, hands down. The only reason it's not the best is because of that *******, Metaknight, with his two glides, four recovery moves, five second jumps and excellent aerials.

I could go into more details with these characters' placings, but this isn't my thread.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Falco's Recovery is as good as the rank C >.<

How is ZSS B rank? I'd put her C

Ice Climbers Recovery is bad, Belay doesn't work when nana is dead(lowering it) and Belay pretty much isn't good, Squall Hammer isn't that good

Hype

Smash Lord
Marth shouldn't be THAT low. He has strong aerials, side B stall give you hieght and delays time if your getting edge hogged, neutral B gives you a boost as well, and his up B is extremely quick and rips through almost anything.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Falco's Recovery is as good as the rank C >.<

How is ZSS B rank? I'd put her C

Ice Climbers Recovery is bad, Belay doesn't work when nana is dead(lowering it) and Belay pretty much isn't good, Squall Hammer isn't that good
Squall hammer distance is quite impressive.

I moved Falco down because... His Up B is sad. (But his Forward B is good)

ZSS has great jumps, good aerial mobility, and her down B helps when getting back on the stage. Also

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Lucas doesn't just have the magnet pull, he has zap jumping. Sonic doesn't as good aerial movement has G&W. I might change it though.
I know, I'm just not sure if he's justifibly that high. I don't mind really though.

And actually a spinshot from Sonic gives him the best horizontal airspeed in the game (or near best, I think Yoshi's may be slightly better.)
Couple that in with the fact that Sonic has so many ways to recover (Spinshot, spindash, spincharge, Homing Attack, Spring) and that the latter has invincibility frames I find Sonic's recovery very safe and so would imagine him higher, that's all.

Also, with my comment about ROB. I agree with the fact that distance wise that it's one of the best. It's just the fact that he's kinda slow moving while doing it and that he's pretty interceptable by anyone with a good edgeguarding game that makes me feel that it's not as good as proposed, even if his fair keeps edgeguarders at bay a little.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Pit is too high. Projectile hit=death. Rob is too high. His aerial speed is quite slow. Sonic's slow in the air? Spin shoot and ^B says hi. Also you forgot to factor in his homing attack & wall jump. Lower ZSS.

Adapt

Smash Lord
If the search function would work I would find the old topic on this, that actually has data.

and how the hell is fox that high? his recovery is almost exactly the same as falco's...
also, CF is far too low.. his recovery is better than Marth, Mario, and squirtle at least

there are more problems, but it's too much effort, I'll just wait till I can find the data

PKNintendo

Smash Master
If the search function would work I would find the old topic on this, that actually has data.

and how the hell is fox that high? his recovery is almost exactly the same as falco's...
also, CF is far too low.. his recovery is better than Marth, Mario, and squirtle at least

there are more problems, but it's too much effort, I'll just wait till I can find the data
Lol, Fox the same as Falco's? You have the right to insult me, but you've preformed a great fallacy my friend.

Can Falco do the hyrule jump? No.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kVI5TH_fU8
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=u2R5qCiR3Oo

In the vids you can see Fox amazing recovery.

I might move CF up, his aerial mobility is good.
His Up B sucks though.

smaci92

Smash Lord
wow good work. but are you sure dk's recovery should be lower tier than zss'?? because whenever i use dk, I don't think I've ever been gimped. zss I have a few times

PKNintendo

Smash Master
wow good work. but are you sure dk's recovery should be lower tier than zss'?? because whenever i use dk, I don't think I've ever been gimped. zss I have a few times
DK aerial movement after is Up B is ridiculously good.

lol at this list.
It's okay, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just hope you got that satisfaction of being cool.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Falco : Agreed.

Ganondorf : Not the worse in the game for sure. Bowser / Link are worse. Ivysaur and Olimar can also be considered worse.

DK : You should move him down, he's dead if he takes a spike / good gimp even a low percents (Falco / Sheik by example) I can't see how DK's recovery is better than Samus' and Sheik's (Pretty equal with sheik i would say). And tethers kill DK...

Samus : A little higher. Good jump + Bombs + Tether / Up B created a freaking good recovery, hard to gimp without being gimped.

Lucario : Not that good ôO His recovery doesn't hurt... I know he can wall cling but... Furthermore, he has a bad startup lag.

Falcon : Maybe a little bit higher.

I agree with the rest of the list, good job ;)

[And that conforts me in the idea of Falco being a little lower on the tier list in a few months]

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Pit is too high. Projectile hit=death. Rob is too high. His aerial speed is quite slow. Sonic's slow in the air? Spin shoot and ^B says hi. Also you forgot to factor in his homing attack & wall jump. Lower ZSS.
Sonic>G&W
Sonic>Pit
Sonic>>>Lucas

Most of the list is fine though.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
DK and Bowser should be about the same, while Ganon should be moved above Link. Wario should go down a little, and Luigi should take his place. Pit goes down do B rank.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sonic>G&W
Sonic>Pit
Sonic>>>Lucas

Most of the list is fine though.
I might actually move Pit down due to his gimpable Up B. Dunno about Lucas vs Sonic. Lucas Zap Jump, Magnet pull AND Up B is massive.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
DK and Bowser should be about the same, while Ganon should be moved above Link. Wario should go down a little, and Luigi should take his place. Pit goes down do B rank.

Due to DK's air movement, he moves much,much,much more horizontally than Bowser. His last longer too. DK also has better jumps and air movement.

Luigi's recovery is good by predictable. Pit actually might go down.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Lol, Fox the same as Falco's? You have the right to insult me, but you've preformed a great fallacy my friend.

Can Falco do the hyrule jump? No.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kVI5TH_fU8
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=u2R5qCiR3Oo

In the vids you can see Fox amazing recovery.

I might move CF up, his aerial mobility is good.
His Up B sucks though.
CF's up-B is good, it has as much range as marth's and it will never get stuck under the lip on places like FD.

I will give fox some more credit due to his fair, but his up-B still has bad sweetspot range and can be interrupted easily. He is not as low as falco, but I would still put him below ZSS

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Rank S
Metaknight - I always thught he had terrible recovery... maybe cuz I suck with it tho
Rob - Yes! Very very good recovery
Wario - Not my favorite but quite good. Maybe should be lower in tier

Rank A
Pit - A little lower in tier, great verticle gain but slow and can be shot down by projectiles
Kirby - Yup! Extremely good recovery. And once you get above the stage you can use the sword or the rocky thing (lol) to damage your opponent
Lucas - Good but not that good...
Pikachu - My secondary character :chuckle: Really nice recovery
King DDD - I think should be higher in tier
Jigglypuff - Good placement of this one
Game and Watch - Quite good! Maybe one sopt higher
Sonic - I would say high in A tier for this one

Rank B
Toon Link - Should be lower imo
Luigi - Pretty bad verticle gain which is why it should be lower (even though it can damage)
Fox - Eh... it's ok... should be quite a bit lower tho
Lucario - A... good one, nic eplacement :dizzy:
Diddy Kong - Very nice recovery, should be higher. It's funny shooting him down tho lol
Ice Climbers - Should be top or second in B
Charizard - Terrible for just getting back on stage but very damaging
ZSS - I've always hated these kinds of recovery (can't think of word atm)

Rank C
Zelda - Should be mid B tier
Snake - Exceptional verticle gain but you get hurt pretty much every time
DK - A good spot for his recovery
Sheik - A half-decent one :ohwell:
Samus - Not good verticle gain but used quite a bit in battle to hurt your opponent
Yoshi - Should be higher (just a bit tho)
Squirtle - Actually very good! I think should be mid B tier
Princess Peach - Should be in D

Rank D
Ness - Should be low to mid C
Mario - Shoudl be higher by a bit in tier imo
Marth - I've always actually loved this move in battle; but I can see why its this low in tier list
Falco - Decent, should be low C
Wolf - A really bad one, should be high E (I just use side b ussualy lol)
Ike - My main character, should be higher though! By a lot! (I may be bias lol)

Rank E
Captain Falcon - Another terrible one :embarrass
Bowser - Should be top in E ;)
Link - Good placement in tier for this one
Ivysaur - I think this should be the very lowest. But like I said, I hate these kinds of recoveries
Olimar - This is where I would have placed it
Ganondorf - Another horrid one. Shouldn't be lowest but quite bad

Open to change.
And that's my two cents of the topic.:p

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Jigglypuff and Meta Knight have the best recoveries in the game, hands down. Marth and Yoshi should be higher.
Jiggly has no wall jumps, glide, upB, wall climb just decreasing jumps and pound.

Also Sonic>G&W.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
CF's up-B is good, it has as much range as marth's and it will never get stuck under the lip on places like FD.

I will give fox some more credit due to his fair, but his up-B still has bad sweetspot range and can be interrupted easily. He is not as low as falco, but I would still put him below ZSS
Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom