• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Columbus: Mew2King wins again! (3-1 vs Ally).

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiDEMIGODz

Smash Cadet
Didn't M2K say he didn't think he was going to win Columbus?

By that, did he mean he didn't think he would win EVERY SINGLE set in Columbus? I suppose that would be true, one shy.

Congrats to M2K. Oh, and NickRiddle for ZSS like crazy, and ESAM for keeping a Pika in the Top 8.

link2702

Smash Champion
mmmm wow look all dem der mks

lol....no supprise der.

okk......eh...idc anymore anyway, was incredably unexpected and refreshing to see an Ike, and a ness place so well though, i NEVER would of imagined that happening,

"we like ike, we Like Ike, We like Ike"

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If I hadn't gotten trolled hard (DQ'd) I would have taken Dehf's bracket instead of Skye taking it from me and trashing it, and I could have backed up MW like Ook did.

So no, MW doesn't suck.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
LOL @ anyone who still thinks the Midwest sucks. If you weren't here and didn't see the talent/potential/upsets for yourself, then shut the **** up and move on. Plain and simple. Most of the players I talked to at the event were open minded and accepting of said facts after they witnessed everything for themselves. Man I hate people who talk out of their behinds...

I talked mad **** and backed MW up like a mofo and now I almost lost my voice, especially on the Arty > Dojo, Krystedez > DEHF, Blue Rogue > Meep, and Ook > MikeHAZE sets. And allllmost on two local players from my area (ITT and Suyon; Pit and Sonic) going to third game last hit high percent against Jash and Bizkit, and Jash openly admitted to them being an underrated team despite them not being all that great in singles play.

Face it EC/WC, Florida showed up to this tournament and repped hard, but so did the Midwest. Stop turning a blind cheek to our region already, it's pretty ignorant if you still do.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
LOL I said worst, doesn't mean you're bad persay just not as good as everyone else if that makes you feel better? And yeah I wasn't there, I realize that there were lots of upsets. I wasn't referring to that, was mostly speaking in respect to the actual results, where Judge was the only player from the MW with a high placing.

Krystedez what's the story of you getting DQed? They didn't really say why over the blog or twitters

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Call the wambulance for the pro banners please.
You should be thankful for the fact that a Ness user and an Ike user even made it to the teens of the bracket. That good enough to me.
That's variety.

SSF4 seems to be having a bit more variety than the original SFIV so far.
1: NinjaCW :Makoto
2: Saqs: Rose
3: HAV: Abel
4: skisonic: El Fur
5: HBRD: Honda
5: Steve H: Fei, Sagat
7: lud: Chun
7: Sayco: Bison
Strange... I thought Makoto was supposed to suck in this game? Same for Fuerte. Did they nerf Sagat that hard?

Oh my god shut the **** up. Why do you have to go into every topic and ***** more about MK? We get it. You want him banned. Now stopped ****ing up this website and get over it.

And OP, if you're gonna make an official-ish post, use an official-ish sig. Not everybody looking for MLG results wants to see what you think about Metaknight. This is why only mods should be able to post threads here.

God anti ban. You really are the most butthurt category of videogamers.
Well, I mean it's a big issue, and they took away the thread made to discuss it. It's kind of ridiculous to ban all discussion of an important subject. Maybe they could reopen the thread under the condition that discussing the ban elsewhere is an infraction?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Totally agree, and all that "booing" from his stupid girlfriend (seriously Ally you can do better :p) was absolutely horrendous. "Booing" his opposition every time Ally is hit? Really? Really?

I'm all for a hyped crowd but we aren't in third grade here. It's called respect and everyone deserves a little of it, Ally and san included.
Calling his girlfriend "stupid" is a great way to politely express your displeasure.

amirite?

Congrats to M2K again. Good **** beasting this tourney too, bro.

Edit:

Strange... I thought Makoto was supposed to suck in this game? Same for Fuerte. Did they nerf Sagat that hard?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10445246#post10445246

WOW. A SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 THREAD ON SMASHBOARDS? WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT?

Well, I mean it's a big issue, and they took away the thread made to discuss it. It's kind of ridiculous to ban all discussion of an important subject. Maybe they could reopen the thread under the condition that discussing the ban elsewhere is an infraction?
It's also kind of ridiculous that the community, now sanctioned by MLG, has to freaking backpedal to this argument time and time again.

Smooth Criminal

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I see your point, but I certainly would not call her "smart..."

Anyone being that obnoxious and immature deserves to be called out.
Calling her stupid =/= calling her out bro...

Besides, everyone yelled, screamed, and talked mad **** at some point. So what if she's more "noticeable" with it? The match was still entertaining as hell.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
was mostly speaking in respect to the actual results, where Judge was the only player from the MW with a high placing.
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.

May have not placed better than Judge but he really did well placing and upset wise.

Krystedez what's the story of you getting DQed? They didn't really say why over the blog or twitters
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10441310&postcount=353

Long story short, I beat DEHF, left at 10:40 because I was told my match was at 11:30, but they called it like either 6 minutes or 11 minutes after I left, and I got back at 11:06 because they said I was about to be DQ'd, which I ended up getting DQ'd. They defended themselves by saying that it was TENTATIVE SCHEDULING...bull ****. They pushed it to DQ me because Skye, my opponent decided I should not be given extra time and *****ed.

I hated MLG more for their lack of professionalism in this matter. I can't really say much else more than that.

MJG

Smash Hero
Wow Krys...that sucks.

Sorry man

GOOD JOB MW!

And ****...Shaky and Nick Riddle :o

In regards to the MK issue: its not an issue >_>. He is not dominating the scene that much and people should get past that.

Congradulations M2K and all of the MLG Participants.

One more time...MW da bess.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's true, I am in fact ********.

But at least I don't boo people from the audience. =/ I recognize that you have to like defend your girlfriend's honor or whatever and that's fine, but can you tell her to be quiet next time she's standing next to a dude with a camera? I'm fine if that means you don't like me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It's true, I am in fact ********.

But at least I don't boo people from the audience. =/ I recognize that you have to like defend your girlfriend's honor or whatever and that's fine, but can you tell her to be quiet next time she's standing next to a dude with a camera? I'm fine if that means you don't like me.
Edit:

Bahhhhh

Sorry.

Smooth Criminal

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
hmm? why is it unnecessary? They told me they would give me a salary every month (I know Shadow has gotten some because I have asked him already prior to this), which is more than I have right now (although triforce is now getting me salary too). I did not sign anything yet though I am being careful still

-Ran

Smash Master
Money is money, and plane tickets aren't cheap. Sure he may win the tournaments, but getting a few extra bucks for wearing a shirt pays for food and other expenses. Most of you don't realize how bad the taxes are when it comes to tournament winnings, or how long it takes for the money to actually be in your hands.

-Ran

Smash Master
Yea, it's pretty crazy. People are going to hate because they aren't in a position to make the choice M2k.

-Ran

Smash Master
I don't really understand. What are the bad things about it, and what is there to hate? I thought of it as I just help promote them a bit and they help me financially a bit so I don't see how there is anything bad o_O
The hate comes from a few things:
1) They already dislike the fact that you're winning tournaments. Now you're trying to make even MORE money by promoting?
2) Some people look down on people that promote/take endorsements. I don't think the term 'professional' gaming is clicking with them. The amount of money you make is small, and you should be doing everything you can to increase it.
3) They are ignorant trolls.
4) They are incredible envious of your situation.
5) Some people just don't like to see the success of anyone.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
If anything, these results prove that more varied stage lists also result in greater character diversity. Still a lot of MKs, but having a Pikachu, ZSS, and half-Lucario in the top 8 makes things interesting.

-Ran

Smash Master
For Lee, I could be wrong, but I believe he only went Lucario against Esam's Pikachu, and one match against Ally.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
M2K, believe me when I say that I understand that joining vVv financially makes sense so by all means do what you need to do.

I have virtually no issues with *most* members of vVv but I dislike what the organization stands for and how it's run. This is not the time nor the place for me to tell why I dislike vVv, but just understand that I have my own valid reasons for disliking the organization and all that it stand for.

M2K being a part of vVv has nothing do with my issues with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom