• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

Armada

Smash Lord
The reason why I wrote that post is because I really wanna see US players in Europe.

Before Genesis ( the first one) I decided to not come back to US until they showed up in Europe if I would place first.

But I did not and decided to play at least until I place first in a big US tournament (I will not stop playing)

Ofc I love the community in US and I love to compete against you guys but I would love to have you guys over here.

But I have been in US 5 times now and no one have showed up here even once and a lot of players from Europe have attend US tournaments now.

That´s why Im not sure if I will attend or if Im going to play singles if I show up.
Maybe it sounds boring but I have to say it´boring when no one shows up here.

I guess "being boring" is the only way to get what I want for myself and the rest of the European community

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
You wanna rob a bank? We can Bonnie and Clyde that *****.
N***ABOI! Let's do eeeeeeet!
Find a ride. Steal some money. Steal a ride. Get here.

I will bring poverty fighters to play.
I'd be game. Might wanna tell me what'd be on the list before hand so I can brushup on stuff if I need to.
The reason why I wrote that post is because I really wanna see US players in Europe.

Before Genesis ( the first one) I decided to not come back to US until they showed up in Europe if I would place first.

But I did not and decided to play at least until I place first in a big US tournament (I will not stop playing)

Ofc I love the community in US and I love to compete against you guys but I would love to have you guys over here.

But I have been in US 5 times now and no one have showed up here even once and a lot of players from Europe have attend US tournaments now.

That´s why Im not sure if I will attend or if Im going to play singles if I show up.

I guess "being boring" is the only way to get what I want for myself and the rest of the European community
I respect the everlasting heck out of that statement.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
+rep for you Armada :). It's only fair if US starts invading your country now. lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sounds good let me save up for a couple years.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go to Europe and tried to go to BEAST 2, but mom and money and regular difficult schedule conflicts will make that very difficult to pull off.

It's Armada's decision so whatever he wants to do he can. I personally don't see how it's legit if he wins once then thinks it's okay to not come back/enter but I can understand his rationale. Either way, I'll use this time to rebuild my USA rep until I can find a way over there or something different happens, I suppose.

ILoveKe$sha

Smash Apprentice
@Armada A lot of respect for that. And anyway its really a tournament for the South so having the best player in the world come from Europe and easily take first is kinda... Idk what to call it.

Armada

Smash Lord
It´s not 100% sure

A lot of Swedes wanna go to Apex so maybe Im going to that.
The thing I really wanted was to have someone here but I guess that´s impossible.

"I personally don't see how it's legit if he wins once then thinks it's okay to not come back/enter"

And I don´t see how it´s legit that everyone counts on me coming to USA all the time and no one ever coming Europe.

I have spend a lot of money, work and other things to make it possibly and that´s why I really wanna see someone over here

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
It´s not 100% sure

The thing I really wanted was to have someone here but I guess that´s impossible.

"I personally don't see how it's legit if he wins once then thinks it's okay to not come back/enter"

And I don´t see how it´s legit that everyone counts on me coming to USA all the time and no one ever coming Europe.

I have spend a lot of money, work and other things to make it possibly and that´s why I really wanna see someone over here
I hope you go. I'm a jamaican player and i really want to face you. Its my first international tourney and it would warm my heart to play you. :)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Armada, you're also dominating all the tournaments in your continent. The rest of us aren't

Winnar

Smash Lord
Maybe the Europeans can pool together money for a fund like we did for Armada
I am 100% interested in seeing this happen

It´s not 100% sure

I think it's only fair to point out that we're trying our hardest to make the traveling costs not an issue for you. If you don't come then I want to make sure it's not because you couldn't afford to.

I do agree that USA needs to start showing up to Europe tournaments. It will take creating and a large European tournament and then promoting it in the US, but I think it is an achievable goal. My advice would be to keep in mind that you'll have to cater to your audience: If you want US players then you might have to meet some of them halfway on things like travel costs.

Either way I will respect your decision, but I don't think leveraging your attendance to MSU is the only way or even the best way to get more USA attendance in Europe. I'd be happy to help any way I can in seeing that goal come into fruition, though!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Armada just isn't coming to U.S. anymore so he doesn't take their money at nationals by wrecking everyone so they can come to EU >.>

Player-1

Smash Legend
It was just a joke.

Armada comes here and takes everyone's money = U.S. players can't go to Europe; so he stops taking U.S. player's money so they can come to Europe.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord

This is a bad attitude and a bad way to get what you want. Not coming to the US anymore isn't gonna make the flights from the US to Europe any less expensive. Never attending a US tournament again is more likely to make people forget about you than flock towards you. Coming to US tournaments, performing well, and winning (like what you've been doing) is going to bring more hype to European tournaments, which will cause more people from here to travel over there.

I understand where you're coming from though, and I really wish more people from the US could make it out there (we should start some funds or something) but you should reconsider your attempt to make that happen (try and work together with us on this issue instead!)

Armada

Smash Lord
"Coming to US tournaments, performing well, and winning (like what you've been doing) is going to bring more hype to European tournaments, which will cause more people from here to travel over there"

Yeah If that was the truth.

Work together?
Any ideas?

From what I have read in this thread I can´t see any possibilities.

And like I said many from Sweden wanna go to Apex so I guess I will go with them

BunBun

Smash Master
It´s not 100% sure

Weaken the krona like we did to our dollar. It will make it easier =P

Also, being straight up, I haven't seen any advertisement about European tournaments.
At all.

Until PP Mentioned B.E.A.S.T. II in this thread.

Armada

Smash Lord
What do you mean with advertisement?

Not that hard to find the Beast 2 thread.
And yeah this year have been kinda weak for the European community but still 2 kinda big tournaments this year (Beast 2 included)

But to be honest it dosen´t matter if we have 10 or 1 big tournament (at least not so far).

Top Bottom