• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

Armada

Smash Lord
The new date should be good for me too =).

Im really lookeing forward to this tournament a lot.
See all of you guys over there =)

HYPE!

Armada

Smash Lord
I don´t know

It maybe sounds wierd but I hate those N64 controlls so if Im playing ssb I always play with a GC controller.

If I can play with one of those we can play a MM (5 dollar or something :p)

Winnar

Smash Lord
I have the virtual console version on the wii (someone gifted it to me lol), so I could facilitate this mm

Also, is this really the first mm anyone has been challenged to?

BBQ, $5 mm?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't play ssb64 with a GC controller. But I'd consider it. I just wanna tell people I took Armada's money. :)

But yah it's all talk as to whether or not were even coming but as of right now there are a good 6 people from Orlando, FL interested.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Updated the title to help make sure everyone knows about the official date change (October 1-2 now, maybe can continue into that Monday as well with this date)

Going into Monday would be nice for scheduling purposes, but I don't know how many people would be really inconvenienced by that.

OPINIONS?

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I am completely up for this.

I saw this a long time ago, but it wasn't as big as it is now. A friend of mine told me about it, then I remember that I had already seen this before. I see that it has grown and I am definitely going to do what I can to get to this.

I have another friend and we would love to play singles and doubles for Brawl.

Winnar

Smash Lord
:D How much Cyner? Melee my Marth vs w/e I'm guessing?

JTMerrell - Glad do hear you're excited about this :D I'll put you and your friend down for brawl singles and doubles

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
for those curious this is going to be our seeding point system ( based on the evo2k series )

1st place – 64pts
2nd place – 32pts
3rd place – 16pts
4th place – 8pts
5th place – 4pts
5th place – 4pts
7th place – 2pts
7th place – 2pts

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thats how all tournament circuits do it.

It is to encourage people to travel to all qualifiers ( which most players in that group will be ) to get better seeding.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hmmm... maybe. It really depends on how busy I am with school at that time. That's also an expensive entry fee and venue fee, so idk if I want to drop $60-$70 on one tournament.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I've been looking into some fun payout structures that would make the payments less painful for the common smasher.

Also just out of curiosity, what kind of interest might there be for making this a MK banned tournament? Just wondering~

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you want to ban MK at your tournament, I'm going to go ahead and say it will hurt me. I play Falco and I'm ****ing terrible on Brinstar and I'm going in at a disadvantage against a lot of high tier characters on most other counterpick stages. My MK is a tool I use for counterpicks, ICs, and Pikachus. I will face situations without that tool and I don't really have a good answer for them at this moment except to play Falco on it as the only other character I can play on a reliable enough level aside from MK is Link and we all know that isn't going to work and I don't believe I have time to get another pocket character up to par for the event.

I'm not going to say that I'm not interested in the results. I'm not going to say that I don't want to see what will happen at a large scale MK banned event. I'm sure as hell not saying I won't go, but I won't say that no one will complain. I won't say that it won't affect me negatively. I won't say that I can't see it hurting your attendance (although I doubt it would be the huge attendance drop that is held like a guillotine above the head of national level tournament hosts that frightens them into not banning MK).

I am for a Unity Ruleset MK ban. The biggest downside is that I think Diddy will become an unchallenged number 1 that everyone will complain about. and it's not like we don't have that now.

Go for it if that's what you feel you need to do, I'll support you, but see both sides of the coin and think it through quickly. You would need to get the word out DAMN fast in order to be able to give enough forewarning.

Also, kiss your sticky goodbye because you'd no longer be running Unity Ruleset.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm just fishing for opinions right now. The only big event I can remember that had MK banned was WHOBO1, and according to Xyro everyone enjoyed it. Like I said before I haven't been the best at keeping up with the brawl scene, and it seemed like an interesting idea. I'm getting responses all over the spectrum haha

Ryker: 3 months to learn a second character in brawl is a long time

Beat!: :cool:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm just fishing for opinions right now. The only big event I can remember that had MK banned was WHOBO1, and according to Xyro everyone enjoyed it. Like I said before I haven't been the best at keeping up with the brawl scene, and it seemed like an interesting idea. I'm getting responses all over the spectrum haha

Ryker: 3 months to learn a second character in brawl is a long time

Beat!: :cool:
WHOBO 1 had mk legal. m2k got first dojo got 2nd

nZocob

Smash Cadet
oh my god. ARMADA IS GOING! wft is that shizz!?
anyways, the chance of me coming to this is slim to nothing. I'd have to sleep on the streets for 2 days, but i mean, im 14 lol. I dont think it would be a good idea for me to do that XD
The other option would be to force my dad to go with me, and i can garuntee my dad would NOT want to go to this XD
ugh only 4 years left til i can go and do whatever i want. Hopefully i'll get to meet M2K, Armada, PP, Hbox and maybe even mango before i die... or turn 26 XD
ugh by the time im 19, you guys probably wont be playin anymore :T
As far as the mk ban, i think he should be banned. It would be awsome to see the outcome of the tourney. It sux that brawl has such a broken character that we should have to even consider banning him. Unlike in melee, where fox or falco aren't broken at all. There I go stating the obvious lol
So yeah, there's no way im going to this tourny. But i do wish that this tournament goes very well, and that everybody has fun. And i vow that i will watch the stream to support this event.
You guys are awsome!!! :D

Top Bottom