• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

Winnar

Smash Lord
Sorry guys I have been ridiculously busy since school has started back up ._.

A brief update:

1) A few weeks ago we redid all the hotel stuff, prices have gone down and 5 people can stay in a room instead of 4. I think it ends up being that each person only has to pay like $25 to a room each night. So that's good.
2) Not that this really pertains to you guys terribly, but the Video Game Club is doing better than ever. After that fundraiser we've pretty much doubled our members and started a mock-intramural league for Brawl which has been very successful.
2a) That said, the behind the scenes of the VGC has been complete chaos. A few board members on the VGC have been causing almost constant problems to the point that basically every day for the last few weeks has been me trying to damage control and/or fix their mistakes. Next week we're having officer elections so the people who are causing unnecessary trouble for the club (read: me) will hopefully be out of the picture soon.
3) This tournament is either being pushed wayyyyy back to next semester or maybe cancelled indefinitely. I dunno. I want to host a big smash tournament because you guys are why I started getting into competitive video games and I really want to give back. The problem is that I keep having to prioritize making sure the VGC doesn't collapse on itself, which ranks just slightly above everything else the VGC does.

tl;dr - Until I can get the VGC stabilized (hopefully in a week) I'll be stuck in the pattern of trying to fix the club before properly finalizing the planning on events. Once that changes I'm going to reevaluate this event and set it up exactly how I want it.

PS Thanks DtJ Jungle, I was going to ask to get this unstickied for a while so I can figure out what is up with this event haha

baywatch

Smash Rookie
how do i dign up

me and a bunch of my friends are interested. we all live in st peters MO and i wanted to know what we have to do to get signed up for the tournament

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
Sucks this fell through but I'm partly glad cause there was basically No hope of me making it. Well good luck getting everything worked bout nothing going good in my life either si Don't feel too bad. If anything changes let me known wish I wouldn't have put in my vacation now. But oh well. Stupid lag...

:phone:

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Well Maybe it will only be postponed for a short time. Like maybe a month latter or so. If so, then that would give everyone more time to come prepared for this. It was looking like I wasn't going to be able to make it since I just now got a job since I moved to Chattanooga a Month ago. If it isn't postponed, then I guess I'll have to treat the customers with extra care and hope for a lot of dough in tips.

eet

Smash Ace
Yeah I read it, I just don't get it. This tourny was pretty large, its just kinda lame to cancel it a couple weeks before because of an unrelated video game club?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah I read it, I just don't get it. This tourny was pretty large, its just kinda lame to cancel it a couple weeks before because of an unrelated video game club?
Unrelated? Who do you think was hosting this? Paying for this?

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
So, Winnar. Do you have any idea how long this might be Postponed? I understand that it is going to be a while, but I was just wondering so I could have an idea of planning everything.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm trying to find out if we can pull this off somewhere around March or April. Maybe sometime early in the summer? As soon as I know, I'll tell you guys.

By the way I'm now the president of the club, sooooo yeah kind of happy about that.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations president ... now legality marijuana. .. oh wait wrong kinda president. ...
Then bring more melee to Mississippi! I known that's sorta within your power...

:phone:

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so is there for real gonna be a tourney on the 29th? i need to be sure; casue i'll have to put in my request within days to have a chance of being off.

i'm gonna go on and request it off; just hope it all comes through >_> i still don't have a working copy of smash... but i still wanna play ... anyone got a copy to sell? i got a tv and gamecube i can bring; but of course no copy of smash... so :(

Top Bottom