• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if ill be able to make this or not. Every body getting hours cut cause business slow cause of school. Gonna be hard but I really wanna make it to atleast get friendlies

:phone:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Flights are so expensive to go to this @__@ From where I've been looking, they range from like $260-$300.

Unless I just happen to suck at searching for tickets lol.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Due to disputes over swiss, we will not be working with Apex anymore. I wish them the best of luck and I'm sorry it wasn't a good fit for them, but we they don't feel comfortable with one of their qualifiers taking a risk and going with Swiss + Double Elimination.

They are of the opinion that smashers are not smart enough to handle swiss, and on that I fundamentally disagree. I am of the firm belief that swiss is better than pools, and because of this I will not shy away from it. I hope you'll join me in this experiment, I guarantee this tournament is going to be great.

Ally - I know there is a lot to get done, but in literally five days everything will fall in place. I have an entire team - an entire, major school club - to help me with this and we have experience running major events. Believe me when I say that this will not only happen, but also will be one of the best tournament experiences you will find anywhere.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
A lot of players are concerned with it, and if attendance is going to suffer then it's not worth it for us.

We never said the community was not smart enough we only felt that it has not been done enough to where the players will be comfortable with it especially if it was going to be a qualifier.

We've decided to use a member of the Apex Staff's tournament series which will be running in October ( Tipped off 7 most likely )

We hope your tournament succeeds to a great amount, and that your attempt at introducing Swiss into the community goes without a hitch!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
the sout qualifier was and has been hobo 33 msu was never a qualifier for brawl just melee only

Winnar

Smash Lord
A lot of players are concerned with it, and if attendance is going to suffer then it's not worth it for us.

We never said the community was not smart enough we only felt that it has not been done enough to where the players will be comfortable with it especially if it was going to be a qualifier.

We've decided to use a member of the Apex Staff's tournament series which will be running in October ( Tipped off 7 most likely )

We hope your tournament succeeds to a great amount, and that your attempt at introducing Swiss into the community goes without a hitch!
Best of luck to you and your efforts with APEX. I might not be a qualifier but definitely let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Dude why'd you have to be so obsessed with swiss and ruin the sweet road to apex deal? :(
The "sweet road to apex deal" included us paying $100 out of pocket for one of their expenses just so we could have the title "road to apex" and basically no other benefits.

Yeah, pretty sweet deal imo

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
that is not true winnar the $100 went to the player. Stop trying to make it sound like we forced you. We asked that it be put into our account so at apex we can give it back to then as a stipend.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
The "sweet road to apex deal" included us paying $100 out of pocket for one of their expenses just so we could have the title "road to apex" and basically no other benefits.

Yeah, pretty sweet deal imo
First, I just want to point out that it was explained to all TO's that the $100 was being raised through venue fees for the top regional player winner and NOT for our expenses. After the tourny was done, it was to be given to us so that it will be reimburse to that winner when Apex comes (to secure that it was being spent fairly in coming to Apex). Secondly, the "benefits" in having an event as a qualifier is to a) more coverage for your event, b) gives players at your event points for seeding toward Apex and c) of course the top regional player at your event to win the stipend.

Being a part of the RTA was in no way "forced" on anyone, in particular the TO's. You agreed to the stipend and make it part of Apex, if you thought this deal "wasn't so sweet" you would've never agreed to it. I know you're upset about this whole transaction, but there's no need to throw the concept and what we're doing under the bus and blatantly tell lies.

For any further discussion please PM me.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I like how this thread was silent afterwards, Cristin laid down the law, shoutouts to NY for keepin it real
You love the fact that there's negative energy all over the place? Jerk move, bro.

Edit: And I can see how taking a hundred dollars out of a venue fee, money which is collected to fund certain expenses incurred from hosting a tournament, especially one of this scope, is just the same as spending a hundred dollars. Say you collect $250 in venue fees to pay for a $200 venue. Now $100 of your collection is taken away, leaving only $150 to pay for a $200 bill. 50 bucks comes out of the TO's pocket right there.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Actually he had it so the club would pay it as an extra expense much like the prize money. It does not come from the to

j00t

Smash Champion
This isn't a YLYL thread, but I still lost. :x

I think the thread title needs to be updated :x

Winnar

Smash Lord
I like how this thread was silent afterwards, Cristin laid down the law, shoutouts to NY for keepin it real
You really want to know why I haven't responded to this yet? It's because I've been busy hosting a ****ing fundraiser for the last 2 days: http://www.starkvilledailynews.com/node/6930

Go **** yourself, Tantalus. I hope you like the taste of foot in your mouth.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The taste of my own foot in my mouth tastes like winning, I appreciate your considerate hatred. Keep being nobody and dissing people that were just trying to help you.

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah I was looking into coming to this but from what I can tell the host hasn't been doing much with this thread/preparing registration( which is a must for a tourney of this scale). It's about that time where ***** needs to get official and hype because if you wait any longer attendance will be hurt.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
This tourney is gonna be awesome I'm going to try everthing I can to make it. Btw when are Brawl singles?

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
^what Col-bol said.

Might have a Florida crew showing up if this tourney is still legit.

The links to the Pound V/Apex 2010 ruleset doesn't work. I need to know if wobbling is banned or not.

Linguini

Smash Master
yeah seriously what the fvck??

winnar post to let us know if this is still on, i'm trying to buy my plane ticket before it goes over $300

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
this is sad come on winnar i mean there has to be people that can help answer this for these guys?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
If this thing gets some more hype/TO responds to teh questions, it can be restuck, right now I don't see a reason for it to be though.

Top Bottom