• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

nZocob

Smash Cadet
Haha yaaaaaay!!!
oh, and SSB4 is going to suck **** and will never compare to melee or 64 XD
unless we can spame sakurai's email account with the power of thousands of smashers to make him bring back the physics of melee in ssb4, it will end up being worse than brawl XD
oh, and somebody please make armada play young link against HBox lol. I've been dying to see a rematch XD

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I live in Pascagoula and just recently got into Smash.

I need to make this so ****ing badly.

If I know somebody that goes there could I just stay in the dorm those three days?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yessss more Mississippi smashers :D

Yeah that's fine by me as long as you don't mind missing out on the side events hosted at the hotels

BunBun

Smash Master
oh my god. ARMADA IS GOING! wft is that shizz!?
anyways, the chance of me coming to this is slim to nothing. I'd have to sleep on the streets for 2 days, but i mean, im 14 lol. I dont think it would be a good idea for me to do that XD
The other option would be to force my dad to go with me, and i can garuntee my dad would NOT want to go to this XD
Wait, why can't you come down with us? I can talk to your dad if you want.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I'm interested. Might show up for some melee singles(maybe doubles too if I can even go).

Comin from Louisiana.

Also, isn't DOH from Texas?

EDIT: Ohai bunbun

j00t

Smash Champion
I dunno if I should come to this or not. This will happen during my last semester of school and I will undoubtedly be busy.

But if I do come, Armada $5 Game and Watch vs. Peach MM? :D

j00t

Smash Champion
No idea, man. Earliest time I can think of would be next February or March.

Winnar

Smash Lord
There aren't enough MS players to offer housing, I think D:

If I can then I will, but honestly hotels are going to be pretty cheap sooooo

Player-1

Smash Legend
$45 a night per person cheap? I've stayed at nice hotels that don't charge per person where it's only 20-30 a night per person if there was 4 ppl

:phone:

j00t

Smash Champion
We are some cheap *** folks, Winnar. Don't blame us :O

but srsly $45 per night is cheap

Wiggins

Smash Ace
That is something that has me a little confused.

This is the way I think it works: Three people stay in one room for three nights. Night 1: Smasher 1 pays $45. Night 2: Smasher 2 pays $45. Night 3: Smasher 3 pays $45. coming to a total of $135 total for the stay at the hotel.

This is the way I originally interpreted the pricing detail:
Night 1: Smashers 1, 2 and 3 pay $45 each.
Night 2: Smashers 1, 2 and 3 pay $45 each.
Night 3: Smashers 1, 2 and 3 pay $45 each.
Bringing the total amount to $405.

amidoinitrite?

I really really hope it's not the second one of those. I know the OP says for 4 people.... But I didn't realize that when I started typing this out. But yea. If the hotel comes out to be over 500 bucks for 3 nights, I'mma **** myself. Just sayin.

We'll check into a different hotel and cheat their system or something. :p

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Like, I'm not trying to get pissy with you or anything, Winnar. It's just pricey. I know that unless I can bring at lest 3 people with me, I can't even afford to go. Then I realize the hotel is going to be, $500(?)... That definitely puts it outta my price range. :(

I'm gonna get my expedia on and see if I can't find something cheaper. If all else fails, I'll see what I can do about your hotel deal.

I also don't want to come off as ungrateful. That'd be ridiculous. Because I'm grateful for the opportunity to even come to things like this. I'm just really tight on money, is all. :p

EDIT:

wait wait wait.... I think I've made a mistake.

And I believe I'm an idiot or something. >.< Like, thinking about it, it's not really all that bad. I, myself would just need 135 bucks. I don't know why I was so confused about it, really. :p

But yea, I do believe it makes sense.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post, but I keep getting the 504 error when I try and edit.

So the 45 a night per person is actually completely reasonable. Anyone who doesn't think so is dumb.

(I was included in that category moments ago)

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
This may be a really stupid question, but do I have register my name in this tournament or something?
Not a stupid question.

If you're asking if you have to pre-register to attend? The answer is no.
Most tournaments have sign-ups the day of. However, if you know you'll be going, just post it on the thread. It helps the organizer get a good head-count-estimate.

Sorry if I misinterpreted the question.

Winnar

Smash Lord
This may be a really stupid question, but do I have register my name in this tournament or something?
Not a stupid question, but you do have to register. Once I get the website back up it will have all the info there for you to do so.

Not a stupid question.

If you're asking if you have to pre-register to attend? The answer is no.
Most tournaments have sign-ups the day of. However, if you know you'll be going, just post it on the thread. It helps the organizer get a good head-count-estimate.

Sorry if I misinterpreted the question.
Sorry, but you misinterpreted the way this tournament is working :D

Pre-registration will be open very soon, I've just been really bogged down with work lately. Sorry guys :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well I mean I'm just saying that I've stayed at hotels that were(would have been given the same conditions) cheaper by $60-$70 overall. The fact that someone housing could save me (and other people) $135 (if they did it for free) would be awesome.

Winnar

Smash Lord
There aren't many MS players, and even fewer that could give housing (lots of school dorm people). We'll see what we can do, but please don't count on it.

The hotels seriously are pretty cheap, and we're doing our best to help you get added value out of them via side events and such :(

I know it's one of our biggest hurdles for people to have to deal with but there's only so much I can do.

I'll keep trying though :)

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
I want to make this some how but at moment I have no ride. If anyone could help it would be Cool . I could throw gas Money and. My phone has GPS to get wherever

:phone:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Put me in as confirmed for Melee singles if I can get a teammate I'll update for Melee doubles. I can bring one tv and a melee setup, possibly a brawl setup.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
date changed to October 1st?

fuuuuuuuuuu why is this during AWA?

I am now undecided, since i already planned on going to awa with a bunch of people.

Top Bottom