• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio VI [Melee MWC Event] 4/18/09 ***$100 OOS bonus***

AustinRC

Smash Lord
What happend to fastliketree? He got a life >< lol. He plays from time to time but not in tournys he might play in some soon but only in Texas. So far I'm the only texan thats interested I think.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Any thoughts/confirmations on a venue yet? I know we've all been sorta focusing on the OTHER tournament you guys will be hosting this saturday, but I'd like to generally know how far away this one will be...

Anyways, good stuff aquateen and .Rance. Two tournaments this close to each other, both of which looking to be kinda big?

DAYUM.

aquteen

Smash Ace
5.5 probably won't be that big, maybe like 20-30

And no I have no new info on the venue yet but I'm really hoping to soon.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Soooo If I end up going I'd like to do a few money matches. Any takers? I suck at this game BADD. <3 <3 <3

D

Deleted member

I'm bringing caviar and fine wine *****es this ****s gonna be good

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Well, now that the other one's done, it's time to totally start hyping this one again.

Since more people will be attending this one, I'm going to shoot to AT LEAST keep the placing I got last time (7th). This means I have a whooooooole lotta work to do before the date for this thing...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
*Continuing line of posts from old MoOT Thread*

chess is awesome. What are you talking about?

How can I put this? Chess is to melee as checkers is to brawl. Except Brawl's more interesting. I can't even begin to explain to you how lame checkers is. I hope you were joking.

You play competitive pokemon? Because if you do we need to play that too.
Yeah, I know chess is good. That I was joking about. I do enjoy checkers though, only for the simple fact that I DON'T really play chess all that well/at all. So, it's a simple yet fun game, not one I take seriously.

And heck yeah I play competitive Pokemon. You best be EV training if you plan on facing me, Slarti!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
~KBizzle

Dude I'm going to be so ready for this one. **** all night smashing beforehand. I'll be fresh, awake, and I'm taking this ****! XD​

~Midwest Represent!

aquteen

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I do not think I will be able to offer housing for this event. If you really need it you should ask some of the smashers in c-bus they might be able to help you.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
And heck yeah I play competitive Pokemon. You best be EV training if you plan on facing me, Slarti!
Of course I EV train, what do you think this is? You'd best get all your pokemon to level 100, because there is no auto-leveling function in local matches (it's quite gay)

I'll do some pokemon, but my pokes may be a little outdated...
I made my team a year ago, and it's still decent. It's because I just spam all the most broken ones in OU.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Of course I EV train, what do you think this is? You'd best get all your pokemon to level 100, because there is no auto-leveling function in local matches (it's quite gay)

I made my team a year ago, and it's still decent. It's because I just spam all the most broken ones in OU.
Oh yeah, of course they're level 100. You think I'm just some sorta n00b?

Oh, and you best NOT be using Garchomp. He's Uber now, so he's a no-no.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Garchomp is uber? I haven't been in the scene for around a year, so my team is from the old meta-game, XD. But no, I don't use Garchomp. I hated fighting him though XD. It's good to hear he's banned.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Alright, to not clog up the thread anymore, I'll stop our Pokemon conversation there to start up a new topic...

Melee and Pokemon MMs.

Anyone up for some $1 MMs* against me in either Smash or Pokemon? Pokemon will use standard OU rulesets (if you need a refresher, I'll post them later), and Melee will be best out of three, four stock, etc.

Post or PM if you're up for it. I'm ready to throw my money at some pros.

*Disclaimer: If I run out of dollars, PLEASE don't be mad if you come up for your MM, and I respond with "Uh... Friendlies?"

Skyson

Smash Ace
Lols, I'll fire some $1 MMs at you Saturday, if you want to come down here for the Breadfest.

I have like $6 or something free, maybe a little incentive. =O

Skyson

Smash Ace
FFFFFFF. Canton/Massillon sux.

It's cool when you're in the middle of Ohio, not THE BARREN WASTELAND CORNER of Ohio. >_>

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
No less than 5th to last? I'll be sure to keep your place clean and tidy for you.
~KBizzle

Exactly, and by how I stated my post that would mean 4th and above. "No less than" when I'm referring to tournament placings means "no higher than" number-wise, which means the number itself would be decreasing and not increasing. That = a better placing. Nice job. XD​

~Midwest Represent!

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Idk what you're talking about. Canton/Massillon is a top quality region! :laugh:
APPLES!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even realize that you're from canal fulton. I need to start PMing you whenever we have a little get-together that we don't actually post on smashboards. You're too good. Tony message this guy if saturday's still on. Even though I think he said something about working saturdays... :/

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
~KBizzle

Exactly, and by how I stated my post that would mean 4th and above. "No less than" when I'm referring to tournament placings means "no higher than" number-wise, which means the number itself would be decreasing and not increasing. That = a better placing. Nice job. XD​

~Midwest Represent!
Oh, shush! XD
Nice job out ******* me... that didn't come out right.
-cough-

Top Bottom