• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio VI [Melee MWC Event] 4/18/09 ***$100 OOS bonus***

Quaz

Smash Master
I ****ING hate you bunbun you *******.

actually I don't, and I love this date, but I felt like saying that anyways.

I'm totally gonna be at this with some WI/IL. If anyone could hook us up with some housing that would be awesome.

BunBun

Smash Master
I ****ING hate you bunbun you *******.

actually I don't, and I love this date, but I felt like saying that anyways.

I'm totally gonna be at this with some WI/IL. If anyone could hook us up with some housing that would be awesome.
You're coming to JAB 1, right?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Which reminds me, housing. Who do I call/AIM/etc.? I would love to get there a day ahead of time to get some practice and rest in before the tournament to avoid rust or tired johns.

Apples

Smash Apprentice
alrighty. I think hodge would drive too. Y'all should team.

Ps. Any oos teams should mm x and I :)
Hodge? :urg: idk... maybe. ONLY if he stays off every character except Jigglypuff, I don't wanna see any **** samurais. If I see any, I'll be pissed, and I'll find another teammate lol.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
coreygames would be pissed

and that might be too close to another circuit event if tj gets his confirmed

and if its the middle that means you can go to the carnival before and after?

xyt

Smash Lord
coreygames would be pissed

and that might be too close to another circuit event if tj gets his confirmed

and if its the middle that means you can go to the carnival before and after?
depends.. i might be in a concert... we'll see whats up as the date gets closer : D

EDIT: How many of you guys are making it out to Revival of Melee?

Corigames

Smash Hero
._.

Please...

Edit:

Look, there is no perfect date. There are going to be days where some people aren't going to be at as much a convenience as they would like. If you try to accommodate for EVERYONE you are going to end up catering to NO ONE.

Please please please don't change the date. It doesn't hinge on my schedule anymore, it's just frustrating to see this not being... stable...

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
@coreygames:

none of the people who talked about changing the date are TOs. Aquteen and I are in charge of this, so don't worry about it being changed unless one of us says something.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, I told my place of work that I was going to need some time off somewhere in April. They said to just give them a heads up which days exactly about a week ahead of time. So that's fine.

I just don't want to see it constantly pushed back or anything to help one person or another. And, yeah, I figured Aquteen was running it since people thought I was undermining his ability to organize or something.

aquteen

Smash Ace
date is not changing to the 11th. While I would love for pitts to come if they can't I'm sure they will be able to come to the next one.

Big_R

Smash Champion
one of these days ima bust out falco like dsw or eggm at that last tourny and its gonna be hotness all dai

time will tell if its this tourny

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm coming, don't worry.

Also, I'm going to try to hold a tournament on March 28 since I now know I have those days off still/already. So... if anyone's interested... keep it in mind while I figure everything out.

BunBun

Smash Master
I'm coming, don't worry.

Also, I'm going to try to hold a tournament on March 28 since I now know I have those days off still/already. So... if anyone's interested... keep it in mind while I figure everything out.
I'm pretty sure Viperboy's tournament is on the 28th, so...not stealing attendance would be cool.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wait, what is that doing here? This isn't like OH general discussion, this is someone's tournament thread >_>

Also, I don't really think that a tournament of my level would really compete for attendance of someone advertising for the attention of the entire midwest. I just want to try to get something started in WV and, if some out of state-rs come, it's completely peripheral.

But if it is a major concern that I'll drag away attendance from a Illinois tourny, I guess I could change it to something else. Would April 4th, another day I got off, be a good day for this?

aquteen

Smash Ace
UPDATE

So I looked at like 9 places today and all of them were in the $400-$800 price range........ so thats not gonna happen unless you want a $10 venue fee.

But I called some churches and I think this is going to work out. the prices were much more reasonable and most of them seamed more than happy to let me rent the place for a video game tournament (one lady didn't know what a video game was.....)

Summery: I don't have a venue yet but I'm getting closer. just wait a bit longer guys.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Are we pretty sure 4/18 is gonna be the date? Or is that still subject to change? (Not really a super big deal yet. I just HAVE to know three weeks in advanced to request off.)

Also, since this one is probably going to be bigger than previous MoOTs, will you guys need extra set-ups? I probably can't get a TV, but I should certainly have a GC and stuff to bring at least.

Oh, and anyone meeting up before for some practice rounds? Totally want to shake some rust off before the real deal.

aquteen

Smash Ace
were pretty sure it's gonna be the date, there is very little chance of a date change.

Yes we will need extra setups.

everybody bring setups, once I have the venue confirmed I will be able to tell if I can wave venue fee for bringing a full setup.

Dopey

Smash Lord
so since ive beat drephen in like 19 tourny sets, can i get that back-cash of like 100$ =p

Master WGS

Smash Lord
PLEASE tell me there will be crew battles. If I can convince my whole group of friends to go, this would be our first real crew tournament... thing... And it'd be awesome.

And, out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in playing some friendlies before the actual day? Like, some people relatively near-by?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sooooo "shrug" well yeah I'm interested. Maybe yall would like some Texas randoms? : ) I suck at this game play me!!!! Also this is completely hypothetical but if we beat Drephen with MARTH could we get maybe another $5 bonus? SINCE I'd be OOS and all. *not talking trash lol just asking* Anyway yup yup hit meh back.

Arc

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
Probably no crew battles.

We'd have doubles pools + bracket, then singles pools + bracket. So, I really don't think we'd have extra time for crews unless we manage to come up with a ****load of TVs for this thing.

Would be amazing if Texas came to this >_>. We can't really answer any questions on giving out random prizes yet lol. We have to figure out how much exactly the venue is gonna cost us, then the fee we'll charge, then figure out what we can do with the extras.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Probably no crew battles.

We'd have doubles pools + bracket, then singles pools + bracket. So, I really don't think we'd have extra time for crews unless we manage to come up with a ****load of TVs for this thing.
*Sniff*

Ah, just kidding. That's fine, and I totally understand. Just thought it'd be fun.

Top Bottom