• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey guys, sorry to disappoint but you're going to have to wait 2 weeks for the next video. This vid is really in depth and I want to make sure everything is perfect with it since it's the smash labs first big tutorial video. You're gonna have to wait 2 weeks because Ktar is next weekend and we're streaming it so I'm going to spend the week preparing and the weekend at the tournament.

Instead, for this Monday, I'm doing a MVC3 video showcasing an infinite I discovered.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I know you guys are sick of hearing this but I'm going to have to delay the smash lab vid another week. I've been doing a lot of research and I just feel that this small series of vids is going to have to be complete. I don't want to leave anything out. In case you're wondering. we're making 2 vids on DI in general. I just want them to be perfect so please be patient.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
if somebody possibly uses this at a tournament or a casual match, i would stick a sword up logic's *** -.-

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I never said I was doing anything on Option-Selects for the next video. It's strictly DI this time around

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, GIMR, I think I may already know the answer to this anyway, but I'll put it out anyway.

Is SDI included in these DI videos? I'm very interested to see what you guys come up with.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
two vids. The second one will be soley about SDI

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
OMG SDI VID! :D

Ever since seeing mr.doom's my sdi sucks vids a while after i started i've been training to get as bad as him. I must say my progress is nice...i just need to build the muscle memory better...

CAN'T WAIT GIMR! GLAD TO SEE U KEEPING UP THE GOOD WORK <3

Okay, where is that wonky video of DDD doing a standing chaingrab on snake. It involved some impossible buffering to do a 360 spin in place to regrab snake.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
PS: It's not an infinite, once it stales 5 times it stops working. But still, having 5 automatic grabs on your chain grab is awesome.

@Kuro: Thanks man!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For people who don't know, DThrowx4 + BThrow is 43%. I play the Mario MU a lot, lol.

Also Dedede has a transformation specific infinite that's really janky on Halberd against Snake.

Just throwing that out there.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
My apologies GIMR from what I gathered from Delux's response in the option select thread, I thought that was the whole point of this Smash Labs video. Im interested to see why this has been pushed back time and time again. Im sure you have a good reason ( besides you had to make an amazing stream for Ktar) , which means the videos are probably going to spectacular. I am definitely excited to see this.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The videos that GIMR is releasing are going to accompany a a thread I wrote that is a simplified version of a highly technical concept in terms of how you input things.

One of the things created through mechanics I explore is the option select from shield.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Nice Delux. Just what i wanted to hear. Ive been trying to think of different ways to apply this concept. Ive found some interesting tidbits here and there but I definitely want to see what you both have dug up. Is there anyway i can get the complex version of the concept? I really want understand it completely.

DeLux

I'll field and answer questions in the release thread if I feel it's within my expertise to answer it. Some questions, I might have to refer to a few people that are more knowledgeable than I am. At which point, they'd probably answer questions as well.

Like essentially, the mechanics started getting into vector and angle analysis kind of complex. I tried to take the complexity of it and make it workable for everyone.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm just letting you all know right now. I'm finishing up the first DI video this weekend. If my power goes out, there's really nothing I can do about that.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yup. Btw, my power has been out since last night. It doesnt look like itll be on for a while. Sry. So many unfortunate things have come up to delay this vid.

:phone:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yup. Btw, my power has been out since last night. It doesnt look like itll be on for a while. Sry. So many unfortunate things have come up to delay this vid.

:phone:
Ugh... Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the vids. Will they be a 2-part series or will it be Episodes 14 and 15?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
it will never occur. The world must never know of the grandness that is SDI. Mr. Doom must stay serperior to all.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Are you still working on it GIMR, or are you waiting till next week just because?

EDIT: Oh Im excited, Friday cant come soon enough!

DeLux

I am going to release the accompanying info piece on Friday in the event GIMR's video still isn't ready by then (pending approval from the other two Smash Lab Directors).

It isn't as flashy as GIMR's video will be, but if you can read and understand it, you'll get the same info without the visual demonstrations.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I release vids on Mondays because the only real time have to work on them is Sat/Sun.

@Lux: sounds good.

DeLux

lol It'll more or less just hype the video

I'm 90% sure that most of the community will read the thread and be like "needs video"

Top Bottom