• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I have cstick set to attack, so tilts and jabs are both simple out of true pivot.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
There should be something on Diddy's Banana Locks and about the entire cast's access to Single Naner Locks

Exdeath

Smash Master
Dragonic Reverse, along with pretty much everything in the MMs so far are not difficult. If you regularly practice you should not have any difficulty performing what he has shown so far (except maybe the DK Up-B). Most of what he has shown is practical/useful/etc.

There should be something on Diddy's Banana Locks and about the entire cast's access to Single Naner Locks
That and most general set-ups for it are relatively common knowledge and doing more specific set-ups for it would be too large IMO.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I have discovered a nearly universal AT that is easy to do (take basically not tech skill) and metaknight can't do it.

I do not approve of difficult to use ATs, Mr Iblis.
They make my head hurt.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
He replaced Mewtwo in Brawl.

Also I like ATs.

They give me stuff to do when I'm bored.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Funny? No. You mother ****ing ******s say that I play gay ALL the time, and I wouldn't dare do something like that to random convention kid #35.

What's WRONG with yall?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
They performed unthinkable acts on a small child.

Stuff on single nanner lock would be nice, or just help with general item proficiency.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They basically did a FFA with this kid, tricked him into thinking everyone was gonna fight each other no ganging up.

Then they basically get him into this combo where IIRC Dojo did like a Dthrow and Razer footstooled him. On the way down, Dojo Dtilt or Jab locked him while Razer charged a full Fsmash and landed it, instantly killing the poor kid.

He only played 1 more game of Brawl the entire convention, and it was with another kid.

You ****in MONSTERS

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
****in Razer at this point, still a kid.

BUT THIS KID THAT GOT *****, EVEN SMALLER. I don't think he was even 11.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lmao you saw that too? **** was toooo funny.
Funny? No. You mother ****ing ******s say that I play gay ALL the time, and I wouldn't dare do something like that to random convention kid #35.

What's WRONG with yall?
They basically did a FFA with this kid, tricked him into thinking everyone was gonna fight each other no ganging up.

Then they basically get him into this combo where IIRC Dojo did like a Dthrow and Razer footstooled him. On the way down, Dojo Dtilt or Jab locked him while Razer charged a full Fsmash and landed it, instantly killing the poor kid.

He only played 1 more game of Brawl the entire convention, and it was with another kid.

You ****in MONSTERS
****in Razer at this point, still a kid.

BUT THIS KID THAT GOT *****, EVEN SMALLER. I don't think he was even 11.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. DMG encouraged us. True facts.

^ This wasn't someone that was new to the scene...like DMG said, it was a random convention person.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Encouraged you? I saw what happened, saw him unplug his controller with all the salt a 10 year old can muster, and I called BOTH of you out lol.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
it says falco has side b RCO lag but when most of them do it they can get on the stage and shiled,roll,grab like right away -___- what gives

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
RCO lag adds frames to landing lag. If Falco grounded phantasms, gets hit out of phantasm, or sweetspots the ledge with it he'll get lag the next time he lands.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The salt mines of some country? I remember that ****. SO Much salt. Literally mountains of salt.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm the ****ing overlord of those pathetic serfs who "think" they own that salt.

No man could handle that much salt... no man but I.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just an addition to this, in shield SDI at the edge is surprisingly EASY. I did it on my first try, no practice, against Marth's fair at the ledge.

I think this affects MK the least, and just gives him more options against other characters. (ISSDI to MK's dair/fair/SL anyone?)

Despite the topic predominantly centering around anti-planking/ledgeplay, I must attest through experience that it's incredibly useful at the edge of a platform, also. At first, I just sat in shield for attacks to push me off, but ISSDI would help force this situation much more often.

You can simply dash shield to the edge of the platform. ISSDI single hit attacks that would otherwise push you away. I tried to ISSDI an attack that would have pushed me off, and I think it launched me even farther, just to note (not sure if the attack was just powerful or what).

It would also help those who can Fox/Falco/Wolf/Ike Side Bs that slide to the end of a platform.

Ike's quick draw gives him a natural slide when you use it on a platform, so most hits on his shield at that moment will knock him off (and let him punish with something like bair) without much effort due to the pause from hitting the shield.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Just putting it out there, this is ridiculous on Olimars who like to uair to help recover aka all of them. Issdi to edgehog is too good.

:phone:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Just putting it out there, this is ridiculous on Olimars who like to uair to help recover aka all of them. Issdi to edgehog is too good.

That's only if the go inside the stage with the U-air, if they do it close to the ledge you'll probably get hit by U-air

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
and if they do that, you can steal the edge from them when Uair is over and watch him flail

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
yeah, but they can still up-B onto the stage most likely

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I've grabbed the ledge in that scenario gmir and it worked. I was running over to the ledge and the Oliver threw out uair and I issdi'ed and instant edgehogged.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
did he falling u-air or double jump u-air?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Double jump uair.

I ftilted his landing so that we be forced to use a DJ if he didn't perfectly DI. He went low and tried to DJ uair me as he saw me running to the edge.

Edit: I just realized you probably thought I was referring to oli planking. Yeah I'm just talking as an edgeguard.

Man I really want to see what else can be done with these optionselects with shield and cstick. Im still waiting on a reply from the zss board about shield + cstick forward vs some characters with strong single hit tilt game.

Zss f roll is amazing so the roll behind is kinda great coupled with her frame 1 jab, quick tilts and DA to punish rolls. Her grabs setup for some nice stuff yet usually just can't be used at the fear of a whiff. So it seems useful on characters like Marth DK, D3 just to name a few.

What do you think about that GIMR?

Oh and any hint for what to expect next week? This and smash labs guide got me hyped. Always love new/ underused finds.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Just an addition to this, in shield SDI at the edge is surprisingly EASY. I did it on my first try, no practice, against Marth's fair at the ledge.

I think this affects MK the least, and just gives him more options against other characters. (ISSDI to MK's dair/fair/SL anyone?)

Despite the topic predominantly centering around anti-planking/ledgeplay, I must attest through experience that it's incredibly useful at the edge of a platform, also. At first, I just sat in shield for attacks to push me off, but ISSDI would help force this situation much more often.

You can simply dash shield to the edge of the platform. ISSDI single hit attacks that would otherwise push you away. I tried to ISSDI an attack that would have pushed me off, and I think it launched me even farther, just to note (not sure if the attack was just powerful or what).

It would also help those who can Fox/Falco/Wolf/Ike Side Bs that slide to the end of a platform.

Ike's quick draw gives him a natural slide when you use it on a platform, so most hits on his shield at that moment will knock him off (and let him punish with something like bair) without much effort due to the pause from hitting the shield.
San, it doesn't really help MK because his options for punishing hits on his shield don't really improve.

Also, people have been using your platform suggestions with the ledge slip far before this was used. It's most useful for characters that have a fast/powerful kill move and needed a strong set-up for it, like Wario. Wario can pretty much guaranteed fart Falco's Bair/MK's Uair/etc. if it knocks him off of a platform/ledge.

Multi-hit mix-ups beat it, as does just waiting to shield poke you because you're going to wait in shield longer than usual. When people try to bait my MK Uair to punish on the platform, I will just Nair instead and hit them with weak Nair. That's why this doesn't work well as a general vs. characters that are exceptionally powerful plankers (G&W/MK/Pit). It's primary to punish a specific habit/read, and it's very useful because this covers many moves that were otherwise considered unpunishable.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Xdeath, I have been doing it for the past 2 years, so I can attest to its usefulness.
It doesn't quite work that way.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Just letting you guys know, this week we'll be doing something a little different instead of Metagame Minute

Top Bottom