• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Sorry, got busy hosting a tourney this weekend :(

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
@Ripple: Time? TIME? How can you live my such foolish constructs! Be gone you Simian!!!!

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
and youre snake. You cant be getting minegamed so easily. For shame. Go back to Alaska, FoxHound dont need you.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Excellent vid, it was very clear. I definitely think it will help out beginners.
I tried to teach a few friends about DI and when they heard that it stood for Directional Influence they were like "omg 7 syllables this is so overcomplicated and technical and stuff I don't want to learn this."
I'll definitely show them this video XD
You said that part 2 will focus on SDI, correct? When should we expect that to be released?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If you're referring to the next video, then yes. We haven't seen it. It hasn't been released yet.
HAY, ON THAT NOTE
When do you think it'll be released? :awesome:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Posted this on the youtube video, but will post it here to make sure it isn't lost.....

Unless I'm misunderstanding it, the video is misleading... the best DI for Snake is still to DI to the up-left, despite what the "DI angle" might show.

He lives like 30% longer by DIing and momentum cancelling properly when DIing up-left (at the edge of the stage at least), his trajectory when DIing this way basically sends him on a curved path ending at the corner.

The only exception to this that I can think of is Halberd, due to it's larger width and low ceiling, so you hit the top too soon.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ghost bone, the DI angle only shows how much you can manipulate your trajectory. It doesn't show the actual control stick inputs. So the angle that sends him into the the top right corner isn't necessarily the control stick in put of Up Right. In that situation Snake is actually better off holding back when going into the corner.

@everyone else: I talked to Lux and the rest of the Lab and they agreed that this series should either be 3 or 4 vids long. Next up is Momentum canceling. See you guys Monday.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Wow, I was waiting the new metagame minute impatiently since 5 weeks, but now I saw this episode, I'm really disappointed. This is common knowledge. I hope the next one will be better.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the DI series is for noobs, so don't get your hopes up.
not every video has to be aimed at pros, lol

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Wow, I was waiting the new metagame minute impatiently since 5 weeks, but now I saw this episode, I'm really disappointed. This is common knowledge. I hope the next one will be better.
Third one (or fourth?) will be worth the wait. Think of these as an introduction leading up to something extraordinary.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's expanding and explaining what we "know" to be common knowledge. Sure, holding your control stick a direction can influence your trajectory path. Sure, different directions of doing this give different results. But do you have an illustration of each different angle corresponding to each respective control stick direction?

And it will delve into even more stuff you can do that you might not have even known was possible, or thought was too hard to do.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Is Smash Labs still coming out with that write up or no Delux?
I actually decided that I want to write an additional section to include with the already lengthy thread.

Then I have to format it

Then I have to get approval from my co-directors (should not be an issue)

Then I have to export it to Comp Brawl G&T.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Ghost bone, the DI angle only shows how much you can manipulate your trajectory. It doesn't show the actual control stick inputs. So the angle that sends him into the the top right corner isn't necessarily the control stick in put of Up Right. In that situation Snake is actually better off holding back when going into the corner.
That's not what I meant, I said the DI that sends him to the top right corner according to the "DI angle" isn't the best DI.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
glad to see some of our work bearing fruit. cant wait to see the next videos. the best is yet to come
Eagerly awaiting for these next few videos, especially the SDI video. I'm actually going to complain if I don't get acknowledged in the SDI part.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Can the viewers expect another video to be out tomorrow, or will there not be a video up by then?

Player-1

Smash Legend
You can air dodge out of hitstun faster than you can aerial, right? Do you have a list of characters where air dodge is better than the aerial? If not, do you about Diddy? Last question: is mid air jump or side-b better for Diddy to do or maybe midair jump directly into side-b?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I thought it was going to be SDI.... :(

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'm disappointed, you shouldn't have posted this yet. I don't like incomplete things and you've missed stuff :/

Flayl

Smash Hero
I was wondering why double jumping after the aerial wasn't mentioned anywhere in the video?

Yikarur

Smash Master
because someone in the LabChat (not mentioning any names :p) told him that double jumping has the same penalty as momentum shifting specials (which is not true <.<)

Top Bottom