• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Very true, M2K and Tyrant for the most part don't play gay at all, while a lot of "worse MKs" have gayer styles that would be more effective against certain characters/players.
Yeah I mean not to knock on them, they are great players, but there are times where they would have an easier time winning against certain character by camping, especially characters that "feel" like they can go close with a more aggressive MK.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Camping only works against characters that have to approach. Against Snake and Falco for example, it will get you no where. You should still be patient and smart about your approach, but camping doesn't work at all vs. some characters.

edit:

Same way aggression doesn't work at all vs. some characters.

Staco

Smash Champion
I really want some vids from SIN.
Want so see how this Ness player beat them.
Because in my opinion this MU is 70:30 or better for MK. You should notice, that tyrant and M2K didnt get much experience vs. Ness, because nobody trys to get good at a MU like MK vs. Ness. Normaly Ness´s can be ***** easily.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Camping only works against characters that have to approach. Against Snake and Falco for example, it will get you no where. You should still be patient and smart about your approach, but camping doesn't work at all vs. some characters.
well you do still have to camp out the beginning of your stocks against falco

but yeah, it's circumstancial, sometimes camping is great, sometimes you need to be in their face constantly.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Diddy is another character you need to be aggressive on, because if you play defensive and campy, Diddy will have the chance to lay bananas on the field instead of one or none.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Diddy is another character you need to be aggressive on, because if you play defensive and campy, Diddy will have the chance to lay bananas on the field instead of one or none.
Is there any character where it's more recommended to camp than be agressive? lol.

I can't see MK being campy unless it's plank.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I can't see MK being campy unless it's plank
teh spamerer and bowyer are also amazing defensive MK's(although spam quit singles)

and there are lots of matchups where camping is recommended, MK has a pretty easy time stuffing most approaches so anyone that has to approach generally, and even some that you'd think wouldn't(playing the IC's without camping is stupid)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Is there any character where it's more recommended to camp than be agressive? lol.

I can't see MK being campy unless it's plank.
Camping/defensive play also works extremely well against Kirby, Dedede, and Luigi.

Some characters can't kill you unless you run into one of their attacks. None of their "good kill moves" will be able to penetrate a defensive MK player. Once you get a lead just watch for approaches and counter accordingly.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
But MW-E dominates all the MW-W tourneys anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
It's possible to use the foot stool combo against MK. I've been practicing it lately. It turns out that edge hogging then is a bit easier to land the first Up-air... Up-air, footstool, fast fall, downtilt, walk, downtilt, etc. to F-smash near the ledge.

Glide attack to footstool also works.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
It's possible to use the foot stool combo against MK. I've been practicing it lately. It turns out that edge hogging then is a bit easier to land the first Up-air... Up-air, footstool, fast fall, downtilt, walk, downtilt, etc. to F-smash near the ledge.

Glide attack to footstool also works.
I'm not trying to knock you or anything, but most of the setups you've told us about here are really situational.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I'm not trying to knock you or anything, but most of the setups you've told us about here are really situational.
This whole game is situational. Tripping, Luigi misfires, G&W judgement. Situational options can still work. Some combo's are also situational since your opponent can DI or use a fast getaway attack like Marth's up+B or sonic's up+b. You don't have to take my word for it, just find out for yourself. Your avatar looks so depressing, like your posts. :(

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7648188#post7648188

Alright, that was fun. Let's get back on topic now.

Any more MK ditto input?
ha, you can't seriously base who the best in the WM is off of a tourney in which Lain, Judge, and Anther flipped and rolled their car the day before the tourney... And anyways Lain and Judge really stepped their game up after that and have beaten Anther in the last three tourneys. They're def the best in the MW :)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
There's a reason I posted my response in the general discussion thread. Continue it there or I'll have to contact a mod.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
*sigh* i hate this matchup but ok

best things in this matchup are fair and down grab. i say this. m2k says this. spamerer, etc. there really good for spacing and following up (fair).

Down grab is amazing. you set up so well with this. if you have good reaction time THATS EVEN BETTER! Unless the mk DI's towards you. when you down grab a mk at 0 percent its automatic chain grab to another down grab. yes it works. go try it. down grab and run shield at higher percents becuz some mks like to fair as their DI'ing away.

Dair camping to tornado actually works if u space it well. if u dont, theyll be fast enough to up air you so watch out

dont approach with tornado. youll get punished easily by f smash, up b, d smash, etc.

Recover with side b, up b, and tornado. if your off screen (in magnifying glass) tornado back to the stage. if not that far up b. tornados the ebst recovery though imo but dont get predicatble.

hmm..i guess this really is the best move on ground level for the ditto. f tilt. a really annoying move to get hit by. mindgame ur opponent by f tilt canceling to grabs and down smashes.

also remember that every down smash u connect with in this match could be an f tilt and leave ur down smash for the end plz. u dont wana have an mk living too long.

you never want to be above ur opponent so much. being juggled is gay especially if you air dodge and their near you, they can nair or dair, or whatever theyd like. you do this. up air chain to up b at low percents. if they are high up and trying to get down, get under them and up air till they air dodge so u can do whatever you like. i prefer nair.

when you shield an attack, your gonna want to grab, f tilt, or nair out of shield. nair out of shield is the popular one since its so good.

now for meta n00bs. if you know about the invicibility frame thing on the edge to attack skip this paragraph. have u ever wondered watching matches or videos why the mk on the ledge sometimes always hits his attack no matter what he clashes with as soon as he gets off the ledge? well if your quick enough drop the ledge as soon as you grab it and you will retain some invicibility frames from the ledge grab. with this you can quickly do anymove and it will go through ANYTHING. your invincible in this mode. so drop ledge nair, drop ledge dair, up b, etc. an extremely good edgeguarding technique and good thing to know in this matchup and others as well.

up out of shield is one of my favorite things to do and amazing in the ditto. if they are about to glide atack you, ground up b them. youll hit. if they tornado approach you ground up b. same for drill rush and most forms of attack. do not spam it. its a good kiling maneuver.

aerial up b from under the stage facing ur opponent trying to come back is amazing. if they drill rush back, do it. youll get hit by the one hit of the drill rush while they will receive alot of knockback. same with trying to recover with tornado. now if they are trying to recover with gliding be careful. u may hit them but make sure u grab on to a ledge or get on stage after wards. u dont wana kill yourself for being greedy and not patient.

if u face a planking meta knight, get away from the ledge. if your in the losing lead and the host of the tourney allows this, you deserve it for not doing it first. take advantage of everything u get at a tourney. anyways, get away from the ledge and let him come back up. some times charging f smash near but not to near of the ledge is good since they like to jump and air dodge back to stage. just be careful since plankings real gay.

counterpick delfino, pkmn 1, and smashville. ban rainbow. trust me. you dont wana lose a set to a gay stage like that. luck based piece of ****. lol

also pick pink costume.

good luck with this matchup people

Heat_X

Smash Rookie
counterpick delfino, pkmn 1, and smashville. ban rainbow. trust me. you dont wana lose a set to a gay stage like that. luck based piece of ****. lol

also pick pink costume.
Pink costume is win =3 Btw, mk does well on luigi's mansion as well.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
" Lololol Luigi's Is A Gay Stage Played By ******s... Godly Nj Doesn't Allowed It So No One Should"

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
This whole game is situational. Tripping, Luigi misfires, G&W judgement. Situational options can still work. Some combo's are also situational since your opponent can DI or use a fast getaway attack like Marth's up+B or sonic's up+b. You don't have to take my word for it, just find out for yourself. Your avatar looks so depressing, like your posts. :(
lol Sorry man, I didn't mean to come off as a negative nancy or anything. All I'm saying is that I'd be really hard to pull off stuff like that in a real match. I'm not saying its worthless or anything.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
in the mirror a lotttttttttt of what kissizle said is so true.
ftilit is ur best friend. stay on the ground when mks come down their airdodge and u hit them with this lol. grab a lot. stupid mks will be shield dashing and u can mindgame them with grabs.

the matchup comes down to who gets inpatient first since any move mk does the other mk has a way to punish for it. up b, nair outa shield and nado all stop so many things. so be sure u know ur attack will hit or bait the other guy's and hit accordingly. dont fall for stupid edguards while recovering, use all jumps then nado

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I've been learning D-tilt out of shield is really good, and can sometimes lead to a d-tilt lock. I once D-tilted an MK 3 times across SV just by using d-tilt, walk, shield the attack, d-tilt, they trip, d-tilt, F-smash/D-smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom