• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lol wtf is there to discuss. dair camp to nado. then forward grab to read up b gimp or nair. edge hog. game over

We should discuss lucario

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
NEXT MATCH-UP

Week 7 - Olimar

Important Note: I'm going to be in Brazil from this Friday until July 22nd, so I'm going to need someone to keep this thread going while I'm gone.

Does anyone want to take my spot by deciding on what match-ups to discuss during that time?

PM me if you're interested.

Hype

Smash Lord
-Dair camping is good.

-Olimars wont jump after attacks/throws so you can perdict that. If they do jump after they get hit just shuttle loop them and they can't recover.

-Don't nado on the ground, you will get grabbed out of it everytime. Make sure your nado is a bit above ground, when approaching.

-There's an interesting thing I do when you knock him off the stage so he has to up B. Grab the ledge, then quickly hold the control stick up and away from the stage. You will remain on the ledge if you did this as soon as you grabbed it. Then, just hang there and even if he hits you with his up B you wont get stage spiked.

-If i remeber correctly he has some grab combo into an usmash or somthing into follow up. I always try to SDI the usmash away so im not in such a bad position after it.

Popertop

Smash Champion
His bread and butter is Dthrow Usmash Uair does like forty percent with the right pikmin, around thirty with less damaging ones.
Smash DI away to get out of it with less damage, and Dair/Nair once you get out to retaliate.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dair camping Olimar isn't that useful IMO, maybe if you are trying to preserve a lead and you do it slightly offstage. Tornado kinda isn't either until you get him into the air.

Staco

Smash Champion
Tornado isnt that good vs. a good Oli.
Also dair camps doesnt work really good. Oli Usmash is very good vs. it.
Try to punish and read him, if he is in the air.
Aerials are better than tornado in the air, since olimar is so light and can easily DI out of nado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHtrp0d55EU

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Tornado isnt that good vs. a good Oli.
Also dair camps doesnt work really good. Oli Usmash is very good vs. it.
Try to punish and read him, if he is in the air.
Aerials are better than tornado in the air, since olimar is so light and can easily DI out of nado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHtrp0d55EU
please reverse everything in this sentence

The best olimars in the country all live REAL close to me. Blackwaltz and dabuz are all really good. i jv 3 stocked dabuz last week at game table tourney and 2 stocked him the other round. the matchup is a joke if the mk knows what hes doing. he sees that matchup so bad for people who know it, hes convinced to mk ditto every mk now becuz of it. now hes learning mk lol. the matches were recorded too. ill post them eventually. everything i said about the match is true. tornado works. dair camping works.
it was only 2 2stocks, but yeah, he is %100 right

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright guys, Ksizzle is in charge of this thread from this Friday until July 22nd. If you have any questions during that time, be sure to ask him.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
please reverse everything in this sentence

it was only 2 2stocks, but yeah, he is %100 right
Seems like your Olimar is much better online than offline. It's much harder for MK to space the tornado online, and space D-air. Olimar isn't that hard offline with MK.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Seems like your Olimar is much better online than offline. It's much harder for MK to space the tornado online, and space D-air. Olimar isn't that hard offline with MK.
i don't see where your online vs. offline point comes in, this fight was offline (i still call controller johns)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Affinity and Ksizzle:

Do you want me to make Ksizzle the thread owner until July 22nd? So that he can change the thread title/add summaries and all that jazz?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Sure, no problem.

Let me get home today and back everything up on my computer just in case beforehand, though. I'll message you with the OK then.

OverLade

Smash Hero
What does how good MK is online have to do with how good Dabuz is online? Dabuz being good Online vs. Offline only concerns online and Dabuz, it's completely unrelated to the MK matchup.....

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
What does how good MK is online have to do with how good Dabuz is online? Dabuz being good Online vs. Offline only concerns online and Dabuz, it's completely unrelated to the MK matchup.....
yeah, im still wondering as well, i think he just thought cause i mainly play wifi that when me and ksizzle fought it was online

, ksizzle was referring to an irl fight, a little tidbit of info for calibur champ though, olimar, well at least mine is the same in skill and average placement online and offline and mk is actually a lot harder to fight online regardless

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
i don't see where your online vs. offline point comes in, this fight was offline (i still call controller johns)
I'm not talking about you mainly, I'm talking about Olimar players in general, and I'm saying that Olimar is harder to fight online than offline.
I think you have the wrong idea. I'm saying Olimar has less disadvantages online, while MK is much better offline. I'm not talking about dabuz in general.
yeah, im still wondering as well, i think he just thought cause i mainly play wifi that when me and ksizzle fought it was online

, ksizzle was referring to an irl fight, a little tidbit of info for calibur champ though, olimar, well at least mine is the same in skill and average placement online and offline and mk is actually a lot harder to fight online regardless
I'm saying Olimar has more success at winning against MK online than offline. MK isn't exactly the best wifi character like some people think he is.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
I'm not talking about you mainly, I'm talking about Olimar players in general, and I'm saying that Olimar is harder to fight online than offline.

I think you have the wrong idea. I'm saying Olimar has less disadvantages online, while MK is much better offline. I'm not talking about dabuz in general.

I'm saying Olimar has more success at winning against MK online than offline. MK isn't exactly the best wifi character like some people think he is.
Agreed. For example, I honestly think that snake beats meta in lag. Snake can just sit back and camp while meta has to approach and react. MK is a more offensive char, and his speed is one one of his biggest advantages. Lag dumbs that down.

IMO, the more aggressive the character, the harder they get ***** by lag.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Agreed. For example, I honestly think that snake beats meta in lag. Snake can just sit back and camp while meta has to approach and react. MK is a more offensive char, and his speed is one one of his biggest advantages. Lag dumbs that down.

My thoughts exactly. MK needs his speed to approach, but against good camping characters, it's alot harder. Especially with Orange or Red connections, and sometimes yellow.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'd say that Meta Knight definitely has the advantage. Once he learns the match-up there is little that Olimar can do. Olimar's grabs are always escaped by tilts, MK never gets into a position to be smashed, and Olimar is constantly being sent flying with grabs and Tornado pressure.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ksiz i lose to olimars who are worse than me. help. =[

i **** all real chars and lose to stupid ones like olimar/diddy/ics. XD

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think this is decently in MK's favor, like 6:4 probably, but I don't see where all the tornado love is coming from, oli has such an easy time DIing out of tornado compared to most characters, and he can pivot grab(ground) or up B(air) you out of it if you attempt to use it as an approach, I've almost totally cut the move out of my arsenal when fighting olimar and I think I do a lot better now...

edit:

MK is so amazing at defensive play too though lol

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lolol oli vs mk is too easy.

guys we are the best gimper in the game
he was the worst recovery

umm the rest is just dont play dumb, smashed cuz u roll too much, upsmashed cuz u land from one jump next to him or grabbed at really high percent from a blue one.

most mk fail at this cuz they go runing in with a nado or sh arials.
watch dsf vs werup

Staco

Smash Champion
Oli isnt that easy to gimp.
Good DI + his recovery from up in the air options arent that bad.
He can mostly avoid gimping situations. (maybe taking some extra damage for this, but avoiding the gimp)

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
lolol oli vs mk is too easy.

guys we are the best gimper in the game
he was the worst recovery

umm the rest is just dont play dumb, smashed cuz u roll too much, upsmashed cuz u land from one jump next to him or grabbed at really high percent from a blue one.

most mk fail at this cuz they go runing in with a nado or sh arials.
watch dsf vs werup
The had thing about this match-up is that GETTING him off stage is a pain.

Also, I can't find the vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom