• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem.

Smash Master
Felix bans Brinstar vs me, because aggressive Metaknights benefit a lot on Brinstar. You don't even need to shark or be thinking of the timer. Once you gain control on brinstar, you don't lose it. simple as that. It's MK's best stage. (Yes, even better than Rainbow Cruise)

Basically in my Diddy Kong CPing arsenal, these are the CP stages I think about.

Brinstar number 1 (although it gets banned)

Rainbow (Diddy's everywhere are practicing on this stage though, it's becoming a bigger risk. IE: ADHD beating M2K and other MK's on rainbow)

Delfino (Haven't personally tried this vs Diddy yet, but seen ADHD get countered there a lot and I rarely see him lose that)

Frigate (Odd-man out: this is more a personal preference. If you're comfortable here, it does benefit Metaknight. If you edgeguard Diddy on the right side, it's an easy full charged fsmash edgeguard or aggressive edgeguard when the stage has no ledge.)

Castle Seige (Fight on the first transformation, run the timer the next two. repeat. if you have a lead, you'll get free hits in when they get greedy.)

Smashville (Everyone loves it!)

Staco

Smash Champion
MK beats Diddy or its at least even.

Im 100% sure now.

They always speak about: MK cant approach Diddy.
But!
Diddy cant approach MK.
Bananas are so useless, if MK can just pick them up with a spaced Dair/Fair or just on place directly after Diddy throws em.
Peanuts shouldnt be a lot of trouble to get around them.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Diddy beats MK or its at least even.

Im 100% sure now.

They always speak about: Diddy gets gimped.
But!
MK cant approach Diddy
Tornados are so useless, if Diddy can just throw **** with a spaced Dair/Fair or just on place directly after MK uses it.
shuttle loop shouldn't be hard to avoid

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Halzy, I know you did great in Texas, but the TX Diddy players don't have as much experience vs. MK as ADHD/NL do. You should play them first.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Halzy, I know you did great in Texas, but the TX Diddy players don't have as much experience vs. MK as ADHD/NL do. You should play them first.
Gnes is definitely the second best Diddy, and I wasn't going to use 'oh I beat them so the matchhup is 55-45'. In addition Gnes def has more MK experience than NL and is also widely regarded as the 2nd best Diddy vs MK. I recently gained a ton of Diddy experience but I shouldn't be able to beat someone who's been playing against Dojo for so long if the matchup was even.

This is under the assumption that me and Gnes are of pretty even skill of course, but it doesn't matter because I'm definitely not near him in the matchup experience department. Our matches were both last hit but Dojo beats him a lot harder and I feel there's a lot more I could learn to tilt the matchup in my favor. That's my rational.

*texas namesearch party*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't name search

Oh and yeah Diddy vs MK at least 55:45 in MK's favor. Even though I lost my set to Gnes with MK, it was really close and I felt like I did retardedly well in a matchup I haven't played much from the MK side.

MK is fun. MK gonna be fun to use for MLG.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Gnes def has more MK experience than NL and is also widely regarded as the 2nd best Diddy vs MK.
really? I'd think that texas routinely banning meta knight and NL living in one of the most MK dominated area's of the country would mean otherwise(as far as experience goes)

Gnes

Smash Master
really? I'd think that texas routinely banning meta knight and NL living in one of the most MK dominated area's of the country would mean otherwise(as far as experience goes)
My *** Doom knows whats up.

I actually have very little mk experience because of Texas's ban history and having no mks in my immediate area... dojo lives 6 hours away and dallas which is home of the mks is 4 hours away, and havent been coming to hobos recently. Whenever dojo did come to hobos back in the day i would just lose to razer and not get the chance to gain any experience. I just know the very basics of the matchup like a certain someone who complains about the matchup *cough m2k*.

Nl has without a doubt more experience in that matchup and is most likely better than me at it. Mk is actually my worst matchup :(.

Dmg...i 2 stocked ur mk....full aggro...thats not retardedly close LOL :3

Red may not have much experience, but he emulates what hes seen on videos pretty well, ur on my hit list buddy. Whobo/mlg ohio MM.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
where are vids of red vs. diddys

I need them for maiiiiiiii rerportssssssssss

clowsui

Smash Legend
Gnes bro

you gonna team with quivo for MLG ohio? he's ya homeboy ;)

in other news i too hope to watch red vs. gnes...should be interesting/exciting

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Gnes last match I got you down to last stock, and RC I won on. I think that's close son.

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes bro

you gonna team with quivo for MLG ohio? he's ya homeboy ;)

in other news i too hope to watch red vs. gnes...should be interesting/exciting
**** but diddy toon link dont do well together :(...it'd be super fun though...

Dmg...ur either first or ur last :(

red vs gnes wasnt recording...but watch flip vs red...it was better anyways kekeke

OverLade

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZqIv6fNnvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPiKCFjszTI

Me vs Flip. Me vs Dao will be up as well.

For the record, me vs Gnes was last hit both matches(SV then PS1), but I did SD at high percent 2nd stock last match after gimping him. I also missed a potential gimp first match but w/e it doesn't matter.

I don't think there should be any arguement that MK has a much easier time in this matchup. All I did was copy Dojo's ****, learn to glide toss (Which I did the friday before lol) and work on my juggling game. If ADHD beat me, it would be because he's just better than me by a significant margin, and probably still knows the matchup better, so the "play ADHD arguement" doesn't work cuz he's better off in every way to begin with...

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
good stuff halzy,never seen you play this good before,you got almost every read game 1 xD

ps:im taking the banana throw to nado pressure LOL get @ me

OverLade

Smash Hero
Thanks lol. Once you have a banana Diddy is pretty much ****ed. You can do so much gay stuff without throwing it if you pay attention.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i wanted to discuss mk vs good TLs. i only win if im gimping idk maybe its just wifi toonlinks lmfao

vs diddy is there anyway to grab with a banana in hand

etecoon

Smash Hero
if you don't have a good IRL toon link to play then yea, you really shouldn't take that seriously, not sure what you mean about diddy, if HE or YOU has a banana?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Just wanna say cuz it was mentioned.

Tink vs MK is a terrible MU and all, but only for one reason, and that's gimps. On stage, it's pretty close to even. Tink's aerials compete well with MK's and bombs prevent MK from a lot of options. Read up on invinci-bomb. It ***** unsuspecting MKs.

Really though, focus on gimping Tink. That's how you should be playing this. One dair offstage and Tink is usually dead. Drop-down Nair>Our UpB.

Jem.

Smash Master
I think MK vs Diddy is 55-45 MK favor. MK playing perfect > Diddy playing perfect.

I get to play with Felix all the time and we do the matchup quite a bit, in tournament and in friendlies.

Demonic - agreed. All you have to do to beat toon link is be perfect at power shielding into punishes. If the toon link doesn't bring a bomb with him when he jumps, free nado. I'm 8-2 vs Chip or so in the matchup and it is definently MK's favor. you know toon link is just gonna camp you so you have to read the patterns they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom