• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpak

Smash Lord
What can I do when Toon Link is recovering with his up B? Any moves?
I'm guessing Marths do not tilt their side B in a direction because it can be punished easily. How do I punish this?
In meta knight dittos, say for a stage like battle field, if I know the player will start off with a drill rush to the other platform, how can I punish this?
Also, does shuttle loop beat tornado in dittos?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
In meta knight dittos, say for a stage like battle field, if I know the player will start off with a drill rush to the other platform, how can I punish this?
SDI it. Pretty much any direction and you can punish hard.

I'm not sure if Ftilt has more range or not, though...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm guessing Marths do not tilt their side B in a direction because it can be punished easily. How do I punish this?
Just Dair TL when he is up bing.
Idk what you mean by that (marth)
Drop down the platform, and uair juggle him.
I'm pretty sure SL beats tornado.

jpak

Smash Lord
@Kaffei: Most Marths only just do the regular side B and don't tilt up or down after side B, I'm guessing because it can be punished easily or you can SDI out of it. So I'm wondering what can I do if they do tilt it?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
@Kaffei: Most Marths only just do the regular side B and don't tilt up or down after side B, I'm guessing because it can be punished easily or you can SDI out of it. So I'm wondering what can I do if they do tilt it?
You said it yourself, SDI out.
Or, you can predict it and shield before hand. Then you can punish with a grab/GSL/Nair OOS, I guess.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Dair TL's UpB
What do you mean by tilting their SideB, like using the up and down strikes? If that's the case then I don't really think there's a way to SDI out of a regular SideB combo unless you're at a relatively high %. I could be wrong though.
Lots of MK's moves beat Drill Rush. Ftilt, Dsmash, UpB, tornado, any aerial* etc.
Grounded UpB will beat tornado w/ invincibility frames, and aerial UpB can also beat it, but for the latter it will need to hit the bottom center portion. It'll always trade, but in many cases the trade-off is worth it.

*Nair is most likely an exception. Ledge-dropped/hopped Nairs will do the trick (provided you're quick enough to retain ledge invincibility, of course), but I'm not sure if a regular Nair will trade, at least if you're Nairing the drill rush from above or below. Either way, you're better off using the other options available.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
MK's worst matchup? Dittos, Diddy, Snake, Falco? I'd like to know :chuckle:

Or is it just based on personal skill and preferences?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Probably safe to say that MK ditto is the only 50-50 he truly has. However, some characters can get close to him if you put restrictions on his gameplay (like LGL or Scrooging Rule or something similar).

etecoon

Smash Hero
Imo, Falco is MK's worst matchup.
right now I'd have to say that sans planking I'd agree, I'm really bad at the MK/diddy matchup personally but watching the way dojo and atomsk play it leaves little doubt to me that MK does have a solid advantage if you use the banana's as well as a diddy player does

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Diddy Banana Tosses slower than most people think. This hasn't been abused very much yet.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Diddy Banana Tosses slower than most people think. This hasn't been abused very much yet.
Run up and shield vs. a Diddy with a nana in his hand, moment his shield drops jump and dair. You catch a banana and hit him. It's epic.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ever better, you can tornado directly over the banana as he throws it and hit diddy if you predict it. New videos of me vs GDX will be up this weekend and I put on display all the little trixies.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
All this epic Diddy talk b/c of me XD. I might pick up Falco again to "counter" MK. What's you guys' opinions on Marth?

jpak

Smash Lord
Help against a really good toon link player please. Also, why nair oos? I always feel its too far to reach. Is it okay if I punish lots of spot dodges with fsmash?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Help against a really good toon link player please. Also, why nair oos? I always feel its too far to reach. Is it okay if I punish lots of spot dodges with fsmash?
Tornado beats zair, arrows and boomerang. Watch out for his zair and bombs. Get him off stage and just dair him for a gimp. Predict his air dodges. This is just some general stuff. This MU isn't really a bother for MK at all. also watch out for invinci bomb so be careful when you chase TL in the air

nair oos is good if your opponent misspaces or something. You can punish spot dodges with fsmash, a grab, tornado almost anything really just predict them and read em

Kel

Smash Master
Does anyone have the link to the video where MK is doing the banana infinite to Diddy using one banana? I can't find it and would like to see it <3

Jem.

Smash Master
I realized something yesterday when Felix and I were playing for 6 hours.

If you grab release Diddy on the edge and pummel so he drops, most Diddy's will fair so you don't follow it up. If you power shield to downsmash your downsmash hits before he can even grab the ledge, and it led to some follow ups.

It'll force diddy to re-think just fairing. Just something I noticed. (Maybe he can beat it but since it was just friendlies he chose not to. Who knows)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
or jem, you can just tornado because you know he will try to fair you.
Idk if that's the best option though since Diddy will pop up after Tornado is over and he can get back on stage so it kinda defeats the purpose of edge guarding

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ADHD's Fair habits are killing him in this matchup. Whether it's from the edge, from falling, as an approach, as a wall, etc. I noticed you got a ton of free hits or combos on him because you abused that.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Thank you Anti for contributing to the the perception of black people being ignorant, even in the smash community...

OverLade

Smash Hero
Just outta curiosity, ATL north isn't known for it's top falcos. Why do you feel the matchup is 50:50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom