• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Gates

Banned via Warnings
A day.

But seriously, it depends how good you want to be with him. If you want to be average, a week is fine but if you want to be good with him you'll definitely need more practice.

V

Smash Ace
If I were to consider Meta Knight as a secondary, realistically what's his learning curve? A week?
It depends on how good you want to be with him. Obviously it will take much longer than a week to be M2K status, but to get the general feel for his moves and everything, probably around a week or so would be correct.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
what the heck is the extended dimensional cape?

and how does one do it?
Extended Dimensional Cape = Infinite Dimensional Cape. It's a banned technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36fqFU7hlsc

And also, which when gliding to the ground, which leaves me with less or no lag? Pressing B just before the ground to cancel it, or A just before the ground to glide attack into it?
Glide attacking into to the ground cancels all lag, but I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between doing that and just pressing B.

Aesthetic

Smash Cadet
Can MK cancel the lag on his dimensional cape when he ends the move at a similar height, similar to the way he cancels the tornado?

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
Can MK cancel the lag on his dimensional cape when he ends the move at a similar height, similar to the way he cancels the tornado?
Meta Knight can cancel his tornado ending lag??? Please someone tell me how if so.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

earla

Smash Lord
1. Whats the frame data for mk's grab speed?

2. Is there a difference between standing, dash grab and pivot grab in speed and range?

3. What are applications for reverse shuttle loop?

4. Is metaknights get up attack useful?

Jupz

Smash Master
1. Looking it up now, I'll get back to you soon.

2. Pivot grab has slightly more range then a standing or dash grab. You will slide when you dash grab them :)

3. If you're offstage attempting a gimp, you can reverse shuttle loop to kill them or knock them out further and glide back onstage. Or if you're under the stage you can reverse shuttle loop up and cancel with no lag on the stage. There are many applications, including surprise.

4. Ehh... its not bad for a get up attack, but it can be shielded and punished.

Jupz

Smash Master
Do you guys know where the thread is that has all characters grab data? I think it was in tactical discussion, I can't search because my computer freezes halfway through loading the page :|

Coffee™

I need it....
Essentially, you use the Dimensional Cape, and rapidly rotate the analog stick in quarter circles in the direction you want to go. The result is similar to the Infinite Dimensional Cape, except that you are moving and cannot stop the movement without ending the cape, and it will stop when you release or reach the ledge. No C-stick is involved, so it is easily distinguished from regular Infinite Dimensional Cape.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
i'm just wondering, right now im still not completely used to mk, and my reflexes w/him aren't really great, but would it be good to follow a ftilt w/ dtilt? i think ive seen ppl sdi/tdi to hit the ground after getting hit by ftilt or something like that, so i think it might work good to use dtilt, sorry if this has already been asked before

smasher01

Smash Ace
use the first 2 hits of your ftilt than follow with a down tilt. but only if its perfectly spaced

dont try with the third hit of your ftilt only do the third hit of ftilt if your 100% sure it will hit or you will be punished
easy

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Does anyone know where the thread is that has everyones frame data for grabs?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234915

This is the first frame on which the grabs hit for the whole cast. It should be handy to figure out which of your grabs are best and how they compare to other characters.

Character: Standing grab, Running Grab, Pivot Grab
Mario: 6, 12, 11
Luigi: 6, 12, 11
Peach: 6, 6, 13
Bowser: 9, 10, 9
Donkey Kong: 8, 10, 10
Diddy Kong: 6, 10, 8
Yoshi: 17, 11, 10
Wario: 6, 10, 8
Link: 12, 14, 15
Zelda: 12, 11, 14
Sheik: 6, 7, 8
Ganondorf: 7, 11, 10
Toon Link: 12, 14, 15
Samus: 17, 17, 19
Zero Suit Samus: 16, 16, 16
Pit: 6, 10, 9
Ice Climbers: 6, 8, 8
R.O.B.: 6, 9, 10
Kirby: 6, 10, 10
Meta Knight: 6, 8, 7
King Dedede: 6, 9, 7
Olimar: 11, 11, 11
Fox: 6, 11, 9
Falco: 6, 11, 9
Wolf: 6, 11, 9
Captain Falcon: 7, 11, 16
Pikachu: 6, 9, 10
Squirtle: 6, 8, 9
Ivysaur: 13, 13, 13
Charizard: 6, 8, 10
Lucario: 6, 8, 9
Jigglypuff: 6, 10, 10
Marth: 6, 9, 9
Ike: 7, 12, 9
Ness: 6, 8, 6
Lucas: 13, 16, 15
Mr. Game & Watch: 6, 9, 10
Snake: 8, 11, 9
Sonic: 6, 10, 10

I might update this with durations (on whiff) and pummel data later.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Everyone knows of the dash attack turn around and grab at low %, but yesterday i did dash attack, pivot grab.
(Dash attack left, dash right, pivot grab to the left). It was too high percents to just do a turn around grab, I would've missed it. Just seeing if anyone else has done this, I havn't seen it before.

It looked sexy as hell.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
use the first 2 hits of your ftilt than follow with a down tilt. but only if its perfectly spaced

dont try with the third hit of your ftilt only do the third hit of ftilt if your 100% sure it will hit or you will be punished
easy
thanks, yeah i noticed that a lot of the time when i use all three ftilt hits they just dodge behind me and i couldn't do anything and i wasn't sure how to fix it.

about the thing w/dtilt i noticed it around 0:10 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haMc1zByd-8&feature=related i think they used tdi or something to avoid getting launched up, im wondering that if ppl do it a lot, or if i should be expecting them to and follow w/a dtilt

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
There's really not much more than that. The Pro-Ban side exaggerates a lot of things.

By ending your tornado at around this height...

...you'll auto-cancel it.
Thank you.

Edit: Is it faster to end it on that height or end it when it's touching the ground?

smasher01

Smash Ace
thanks, yeah i noticed that a lot of the time when i use all three ftilt hits they just dodge behind me and i couldn't do anything and i wasn't sure how to fix it.

about the thing w/dtilt i noticed it around 0:10 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haMc1zByd-8&feature=related i think they used tdi or something to avoid getting launched up, im wondering that if ppl do it a lot, or if i should be expecting them to and follow w/a dtilt
o i really dont know how they do that. but you can avoid it buy spacing your self right in the first place so you dont put your self in that situation.

How do they do that lol?

earla

Smash Lord
i have my R set as special.

when i shuttle loop out of shield. i jump then up R simultaneously.
(tap jump off)

is it as fast as if i had tap jump on and just pressed up and B out of shield?

there shouldn't be any difference?

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Why do many Metaknight players dash attack so much? Can't it get shield grabbed? Is his DACUS any worse than is dash attack?

etecoon

Smash Hero
because they are over aggressive(although it is a good combo starter and has great range for punishing), yes it can, and MK doesn't have a DACUS.

Jupz

Smash Master
Actually, every character has a DACUS, but MK's is no different to his hyphen smash, and his Usmash sucks because its easy to SDI out of.

Top Bottom