• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You should really play Anther sometime.
This.

A lot of people are probably just disregarding these posts as Midwest hype or an extreme example. For the first one, it's not Midwest hype - Anther is the best Pikachu in the world, period. For the second one, so what if it's an extreme example? People who main other characters who claim to have even matchups with Metaknight (Snake, Falco, Diddy, Wario, etc.) could disregard examples of matches of top level MK mains 3-stocking their characters as "It's just M2K/Dojo/spammerer LOLO0LOLOL" and it would be basically the same thing as what some people are saying here about Anther. It doesn't matter if the average Pikachu is as good as Anther or not. What matters is what they can do in the matchup as shown by top level players.

who is mk's worse match up?
Sonic. Overswarm lost to one anyway.

earla

Smash Lord
1. i see m2k do 3 up airs then continue with 2 more but he changes the way his facing with the up airs. any reason for that?

2. infinite dimensional cape > correct me if im wrong.
you down special and hold the control stick down. then mash up on the c stick. it isn't working for me?

3. what uses are there for the dimensional cape attack?

4. how can you use glide attack effectively? alot of the time i get shield grabbed out of it.

5. in a vid of dojo vs m2k i noticed dojo in particular down air'ing above m2k. whats the purpose for that as i thought he'd try to get back down below m2k to avoid being shuttle looped.

6. how do use drill rush effectively? useful times

7. i think i saw a clip once where a mk used dimensional cape then canceled into a drill rush. is that possible?

cheers.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
This.

A lot of people are probably just disregarding these posts as Midwest hype or an extreme example. For the first one, it's not Midwest hype - Anther is the best Pikachu in the world, period. For the second one, so what if it's an extreme example? People who main other characters who claim to have even matchups with Metaknight (Snake, Falco, Diddy, Wario, etc.) could disregard examples of matches of top level MK mains 3-stocking their characters as "It's just M2K/Dojo/spammerer LOLO0LOLOL" and it would be basically the same thing as what some people are saying here about Anther. It doesn't matter if the average Pikachu is as good as Anther or not. What matters is what they can do in the matchup as shown by top level players.

Sonic. Overswarm lost to one anyway.
No, I disregard those posts because it's pure fantasy if anyone truly believes their character stands a chance against the indomitable might of Sir Meta Knight. Foolish upstarts. lololololol

Hype

Smash Lord
1. i see m2k do 3 up airs then continue with 2 more but he changes the way his facing with the up airs. any reason for that?

2. infinite dimensional cape > correct me if im wrong.
you down special and hold the control stick down. then mash up on the c stick. it isn't working for me?

3. what uses are there for the dimensional cape attack?

4. how can you use glide attack effectively? alot of the time i get shield grabbed out of it.

5. in a vid of dojo vs m2k i noticed dojo in particular down air'ing above m2k. whats the purpose for that as i thought he'd try to get back down below m2k to avoid being shuttle looped.

6. how do use drill rush effectively? useful times

7. i think i saw a clip once where a mk used dimensional cape then canceled into a drill rush. is that possible?

cheers.
1. He was likely just fallowing there DI. In other words they started drifting to one side and he did so aswell to stay belwo them.

2. correct. Make sure the Cstick resets to a neutral potision each time. that might be the problem.

3. The attack? non that I'm aware of. the non-attack can be used for recovering.

4. Mix it up by cancelling your glide then running in for a grab if they keep trying to shield grab you. Or if they are doing it on the edge I sometimes just glide past them to regain stage control.

5. M2k was probable punishing his air dodges a lot, so he was mixing it up with Attacks while trying to get to the ground.

6. It's a good recovery option because it out prioritises a lot of things. That's probably its most common application.

7. Not that i'm aware of, but if you find that video let me know.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
This.

Thank you Gates.

I'll post some vids of me getting wrecked by Anther in Grand Finals here once they get uploaded. Right before our set I eliminated Judge and Domo, two of the country's best MKs, and Joker, arguably the Midwest's best Snake.

Pikachu ain't nothin to mess with.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Thank you Gates.

I'll post some vids of me getting wrecked by Anther in Grand Finals here once they get uploaded. Right before our set I eliminated Judge and Domo, two of the country's best MKs, and Joker, arguably the Midwest's best Snake.

This is truth. Affinity is an awesome player but he got totally roffle-stomped by Anther, it was glorious and painful all at the same time.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
has anyone had mks fair send the opponent to the ground? ive managed to do fair dtilt before,im guessing its due to oppts di but im j.w why/how

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, I disregard those posts because it's pure fantasy if anyone truly believes their character stands a chance against the indomitable might of Sir Meta Knight. Foolish upstarts. lololololol
Don't you know that MK is but a lowly pawn to the great King Dedede in his court? Just ask lain lol.

Thank you Gates.

Anther ***** everyone in the Midwest. Whenever he doesn't place first in a tourney he goes back and feeds his Pikachu more rarecandies. Before COT4 it was at level 9000, now I can only imagine what it's level is. I think he also has the perfect EV and IV spread for it.

Also, I realized something recently:

lain rarely beats Anther in tourney
lain beat M2K in tournwy at Apex
Therefore, Anther>M2K?

Discuss.

Teh_Chef

Smash Rookie
Don't you know that MK is but a lowly pawn to the great King Dedede in his court? Just ask lain lol.

Anther ***** everyone in the Midwest. Whenever he doesn't place first in a tourney he goes back and feeds his Pikachu more rarecandies. Before COT4 it was at level 9000, now I can only imagine what it's level is. I think he also has the perfect EV and IV spread for it.

Also, I realized something recently:

lain rarely beats Anther in tourney
lain beat M2K in tournwy at Apex
Therefore, Anther>M2K?

Discuss.
Going by Inui logic, Anther also lost to Spam, who lost to Ally (Albeit using Wario), who lost to M2K at CoT4. But he beat him at Apex, so what are we to make of this? :dizzy:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
dojo what happened vs candy? lol did he just out play you or did he get mad nice against you/ mk in general

Dojo

Smash Champion
He camped excessively well. I was having alot of trouble getting in. I wasn't mixing up my approaches at all. I played really stupid, and simply got outplayed. Props to Candy. He better just hope he doesn't ever play me again.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dojo, something NEO pointed out that you should work on that he and Candy noticed is that when you were pressured you had predictable rolling/dodge patterns (particularly that you'd roll behind them in certain situations... EVERY TIME). You can actually see that when Candy kills you, as you rolled behind him from the edge and he uptilts you. Just something for you to fix <3

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
He camped excessively well. I was having alot of trouble getting in. I wasn't mixing up my approaches at all. I played really stupid, and simply got outplayed. Props to Candy. He better just hope he doesn't ever play me again.
Playing Candy over and over in every tournament will make you hate Brawl. Even if you win. You would benefit from not playing him, I think he's one of the main reasons I stopped taking the game even -somewhat- seriously =P

Hadesflame

Smash Rookie
I hate to ask but what do you guy's think about the banning?
I just started maining meta and i don't want that time to go to waste ya know?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I hate to ask but what do you guy's think about the banning?
I just started maining meta and i don't want that time to go to waste ya know?
Is this guy talking about a potential ban or did SBR make an announcement? I just got back to my computer after a 4 day hiatus and I haven't seen anything yet.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
even if ur worried about all that time going to waste if u really get good with mk you would of applied a lot of the things and matchup knowledge to another character. its never a waste to get good lol

anyway i have a quick question vs DDD which really bothers me. i know all i had to do is mix up approuches and space well but this guy grabed me all the time, he shield grabbed a lot. is there anyway to attack without him shield grabbing? his grab rage is huuuuuge. he would pivot grab a lota my stuff and i cant even run up with shiled withouth a 16% backthrow -_-

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
even if ur worried about all that time going to waste if u really get good with mk you would of applied a lot of the things and matchup knowledge to another character. its never a waste to get good lol

anyway i have a quick question vs DDD which really bothers me. i know all i had to do is mix up approuches and space well but this guy grabed me all the time, he shield grabbed a lot. is there anyway to attack without him shield grabbing? his grab rage is huuuuuge. he would pivot grab a lota my stuff and i cant even run up with shiled withouth a 16% backthrow -_-
Just use Tnado? like, maybe mix up how you use it. I think that it's a worthy approach. Just Imo.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dedede can pivot grab, bair, or utilt MK out of tornado.

As far as what you can do to approach, have you tried using grabs? I'm not sure if he'll try and grab you while you're doing the attack and let the super armor absorb the damage, but if he just sits there with his shield up, grabbing is the best option.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
i have a question, can u give me tips for fighting snake and ness. How do u get past a camping snakes who lays down bombs?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I play Marth, so I play with tap jump on. I have no idea how tap jump affects meta knight, though. What does it change and should I turn it on or off when I play him?

Top Bottom