• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Question: Why is there such a lack of Teh_spammerer videos? I can only find one set on youtube, and he is one of the best in the best region... why?

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Yeah I tried to look up teh_spammer vids a few days ago as well and he only had a match with Vex and Bum up. He is probably the second best mk in the US and I find it odd that there are no vids of him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
From what I heard, this is how you play as spammerer:

Step 1: Get a stock off.
Step 2: Legdecamp.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Nobody in Michigan can beat you in tourney.
Step 6: PROFIT!

TP

Smash Master
What little things are there that a less impressive MK player may overlook? For example, I saw in a video of M2K that whenever he did a SH Fair, he would go forward on the way up and backward on the way down, giving him both range and safety. What things like that could I miss while watching videos?

TyranEX

Smash Rookie
I need some help, for some reason when I play against people at tournaments I seem to always win way too close. It's irritating, I rather win with a safe margin. I usually get smashed back when I try to come back to the stage constantly. Most of time time, people seem to have a lot of experience with meta and just stand their in front me and wait for my move. Then I find in hard to approach for some reason, I don't know if it's mental or something :/

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Well most Metas get back on stage with shuttle loop right at the ledge, so mix up your recovery's so your opponent can't ever predict what you'll do. I.E. sometimes shuttle loop, sometimes Tornado, sometmes SideB.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
From what I heard, this is how you play as spammerer:

Step 1: Get a stock off.
Step 2: Legdecamp.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Nobody in Michigan can beat you in tourney.
Step 6: PROFIT!
LOL.spam is a friend of mine.. well he lives in nj and i go to all the nj tourneys so i play him a lot. his patience is amazing... but he doesn't win only because of camping.. he's an extremely smart player. i would agree with saying he is the second best in the US. most of you have never heard of him because he doesn't like brawl so much and doesn't find it worth traveling for. so he sticks to NJ tournaments. i'm glad he finally decided to go to a huge oos one though cuz he should be known worldwide. i have had a lot of sets with him, 2 where i have taken him to last game... but i have never taken a set off of him. my tourney set in CoT4 with him was very close with me barely winning the first round.. then he won the next two with smart and patient playing =/ i started getting frustrated because i could clearly tell he knew more than me about the ditto and was a much better player overall.:(

also, did anyone see my mm with infinity on the live stream ? XD
right after that i played a pretty good kirby player.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
LOL.spam is a friend of mine.. well he lives in nj and i go to all the nj tourneys so i play him a lot. his patience is amazing... but he doesn't win only because of camping.. he's an extremely smart player. i would agree with saying he is the second best in the US. most of you have never heard of him because he doesn't like brawl so much and doesn't find it worth traveling for. so he sticks to NJ tournaments. i'm glad he finally decided to go to a huge oos one though cuz he should be known worldwide. i have had a lot of sets with him, 2 where i have taken him to last game... but i have never taken a set off of him. my tourney set in CoT4 with him was very close with me barely winning the first round.. then he won the next two with smart and patient playing =/ i started getting frustrated because i could clearly tell he knew more than me about the ditto and was a much better player overall.:(

also, did anyone see my mm with infinity on the live stream ? XD
I-was-beating-you-up-and-you-got-a-lucky-tech-and-shuttle-loop johns!

>.<"

<3

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I-was-beating-you-up-and-you-got-a-lucky-tech-and-shuttle-loop johns!

>.<"

<3
XD i figured you'd show up. believe it or not i meant to tech that >_<.. although you probably won't. i practice teching a lotttt especially with my brother's zss d smash to down b spiking me all the time... i've gotten in a lot of practice by DIing into the stage and teching that lol. you did have me though honestly. i went for lucky b throw to up bs off the side of delfino when i was down by a lot LOL. i just saw your match against chu, good stuff you came really close.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
XD i figured you'd show up. believe it or not i meant to tech that >_<.. although you probably won't. i practice teching a lotttt especially with my brother's zss d smash to down b spiking me all the time... i've gotten in a lot of practice by DIing into the stage and teching that lol. you did have me though honestly. i went for lucky b throw to up bs off the side of delfino when i was down by a lot LOL. i just saw your match against chu, good stuff you came really close.
I lurk a lot on this forum, so if you say something about me here I'll probably catch it and reply :p

If you honestly meant to tech that then you're ****ing pro dude. I'll believe you, there's no real reason for you to lie to me. You and your brother are both cool as hell :p Did you see any of mine and his games dude? That Zero Suit is scary :( I don't think I would have been beating him like I was if it wasn't for Sethlon though >.>" <3 Snakeee and Shadow~

Edit - And many thanks for the compliment on my match with Chu xD

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I need some help, for some reason when I play against people at tournaments I seem to always win way too close. It's irritating, I rather win with a safe margin. I usually get smashed back when I try to come back to the stage constantly. Most of time time, people seem to have a lot of experience with meta and just stand their in front me and wait for my move. Then I find in hard to approach for some reason, I don't know if it's mental or something :/
Don't think you have to kill the second you hit kill %. The opponent is probably just predicting you, and you are getting desperate. Try to work a kill move in rather than force it.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I lurk a lot on this forum, so if you say something about me here I'll probably catch it and reply :p

If you honestly meant to tech that then you're ****ing pro dude. I'll believe you, there's no real reason for you to lie to me. You and your brother are both cool as hell :p Did you see any of mine and his games dude? That Zero Suit is scary :( I don't think I would have been beating him like I was if it wasn't for Sethlon though >.>" <3 Snakeee and Shadow~

Edit - And many thanks for the compliment on my match with Chu xD
thanks, i did see some of your matches with him, and your welcome XD.

K 2

Smash Lord
How do you avoid getting edgehogged while recovering with Drill Rush? I heard somewhere that its impossible to edgehog MK while he recovers with DR. Assume I'm too far away to simply DR onto the stage.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Well the idea is that DR lasts so long that the edge grabbing invisibility will run out while your still spinning. But DR isn't normally using to grab the edge, but rather to attack your opponent while getting back "onto" the stage directly.

Hope this helps K 2.

And now for my question, I want to face a good MK, I haven't in like 4 months and I need too learn the tactics used by the really good MKs. Yes I read the MK threads, but reading <<<<<<< doing. So can any good MK player exchange codes with me? I know Wifi sucks, but still, please?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I suck *** online, but I'm the 2nd best mk in AZ by offline tourney results (forward is the best), and seeing as you are in az too the lag shouldn't be too bad. Just hit me up on aim if you want to play. Also, are you going to dook's tourney on the 28th? We need more attendanceeee.

K 2

Smash Lord
What are good MK CP stages? I know about Luigi's Mansion and Rainbow Cruise, but are there any other particularly good CP stages for MK?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure norfair is a good Meta stage. Seeing as how much mk mains love Delfino, I think it's a good one too.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I played norfair for the first time as a CP in my first tourney against a really good snake (bad idea in general IMO what was I thinking) but I got lucky and won, so id agree that norfair is naturally good for meta.

Browny

Smash Hater
since the ganon boards arent of any help..

can anyone explain why MK took 24% here from one dair. Ganons dair does 22.125% (near enough), meaning the 4th or so fresh dair will deal 23%. now even if the MK was on 113.49%, the absolute maximum a dair should bring him to would be 135.615, rounded up to 136.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38wZONPjsE

During shuttle loop, does MK take slightly more damage? I have never been able to recreate a 24% ganon dair, so i dont think this was a factor of ganons attack, more so the Metaknight taking the hit.

TP

Smash Master
since the ganon boards arent of any help..

can anyone explain why MK took 24% here from one dair. Ganons dair does 22.125% (near enough), meaning the 4th or so fresh dair will deal 23%. now even if the MK was on 113.49%, the absolute maximum a dair should bring him to would be 135.615, rounded up to 136.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38wZONPjsE

During shuttle loop, does MK take slightly more damage? I have never been able to recreate a 24% ganon dair, so i dont think this was a factor of ganons attack, more so the Metaknight taking the hit.
I don't recall you asking this on the Ganon boards. The answer is that Ganon always holds back. He only shows a tiny bit of his true power, since he does not want to be banned. Occasionally, he forgets and unleashes a bit more power than intended.

We can't explain the occasional 40% Warlock Punch either.

K 2

Smash Lord
I don't recall you asking this on the Ganon boards. The answer is that Ganon always holds back. He only shows a tiny bit of his true power, since he does not want to be banned. Occasionally, he forgets and unleashes a bit more power than intended.

We can't explain the occasional 40% Warlock Punch either.
Lolz...that's win.

Vanst

Smash Apprentice
There has probably been a post like this before, but if there hasn't been one, what is MK most difficult matchup? I'm asking this just out of curiosity.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Gonzo

and he lost T_T
The answer is that Ganon always holds back. He only shows a tiny bit of his true power, since he does not want to be banned. Occasionally, he forgets and unleashes a bit more power than intended.
QFT. Same with Captain Falcon.

The question I'm curious about: why is it that pro MKs NEVER use Dimensional Cape? Unless you're like, DMBrandon (he has my respect for doing that, pretty sure I saw or heard of him doing that on the livestream at CoT4)

I know MK's Down B is pretty easy to see coming, and punishable, but seriously. NEVER using it? Kirby's Down B is also to see coming, and it's punishable, but I use it every so often because the reward is worth the risk.

I dunno, I just think that if I were a MK main, I would throw it out ONCE in a while, because nobody expects it.

Pardon me if pros actually DO use it, I just haven't seen anybody...

edit: ok, I just saw Spammer use it in the match against Anther. Except it was more of a "defensive maneuver," as he moved away while using it, and wasn't even in attack range in the first place. How about offensively?

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Gonzo

and he lost T_T

QFT. Same with Captain Falcon.

The question I'm curious about: why is it that pro MKs NEVER use Dimensional Cape? Unless you're like, DMBrandon (he has my respect for doing that, pretty sure I saw or heard of him doing that on the livestream at CoT4)

I know MK's Down B is pretty easy to see coming, and punishable, but seriously. NEVER using it? Kirby's Down B is also to see coming, and it's punishable, but I use it every so often because the reward is worth the risk.

I dunno, I just think that if I were a MK main, I would throw it out ONCE in a while, because nobody expects it.

edit: ok, I just saw Spammer use it in the match against Anther. Except it was more of a "defensive maneuver," as he moved away while using it, and wasn't even in attack range in the first place. How about offensively?
Well for one, it's very predictable (like you said). And two, it has A LOT of ending lag, and it's hit box isn't all that big eithor. Though sometimes I'll use it (Without the blade) to get away from opponents, because sometimes it's a better choice than sidestepping.

Though their's 1 good tech with it, edge stalling, (Gives you more invincibility).

Tero.

Smash Champion

Because there is like always a better move you can do.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Is D-tilt wall lock legal in tourmanets? If so, would Pokemon Stadium (1/2) be a good CP?

Top Bottom