• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I've actually been playing Marth on the side since before I "mained" Peach. The only thing that changed was I decided to commit to him full-time in bracket instead of just in pools/money matches.

Stick to what you know, lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I've actually been playing Marth on the side since before I "mained" Peach. The only thing that changed was I decided to commit to him full-time in bracket instead of just in pools/money matches.

Stick to what you know, lol.
So you played Peach in serious matches but you didn't main her.

O

K

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What was the point if the second post if you weren't disagreeing with my previous statement?

8|
A bit of unsolicited advice for you while you're on these boards, or the internet in general: learn to not take every single post at face value.

My first post obviously implies that I've been playing Marth even longer than I have been playing Peach, and switching him to my "main" was as simple as a move of the cursor on the character select screen. The "switch" was that natural to me.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
A bit of unsolicited advice for you while you're on these boards, or the internet in general: learn to not take every single post at face value.

My first post obviously implies that I've been playing Marth even longer than I have been playing Peach, and switching him to my "main" was as simple as a move of the cursor on the character select screen. The "switch" was that natural to me.
What confused me was that you posted something with absolutely no purpose behind it. I generally expect people who claim to be intelligent (Back Room screens for this, right?) to actually want to say something with their posts, not be redundant.

Sorry for expecting intelligence. You're right, this is the internet, I should just assume everybody's an idiot.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What confused me was that you posted something with absolutely no purpose behind it. I generally expect people who claim to be intelligent (Back Room screens for this, right?) to actually want to say something with their posts, not be redundant.

Sorry for expecting intelligence. You're right, this is the internet, I should just assume everybody's an idiot.
Pretty much.

omfg

Children, please.

Let's all switch to Marvel now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqQfkxZNwRQ
He throws paper in your face and *****slaps you with a stack of 'em. Oh hell yeah! xD

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Are MK allowed tournaments going to count for the rankings? I think they should seeing as how MK didn't get banned for being broken.

Thino

Smash Master
I'm a frequent tourney goer, and will hopefully be a future TO. Stickies/coverage or not, the message will get across, even though it's not always pinned up at the top of the page. People have been complaining over an abuse of power, but the way I see it, the power they are "abusing" is so minuscule that it's hard to see why people are making such a big fuss over it.
people need to realize you can run the unity ruleset with rule changes and it can still get stickied.

just tell one of the URC members what ruleset changes you are doing and it'll count as official. the only catch is that you have to report the data.

it's so the urc can update ruleset changes easier and with concrete data. which, if you want to make this community better, you should do this
Why give TOs who just don't use the same ruleset this useless additional trouble, JUST because they change one or two rules? When the URC could separate the data by themselves, aka URC Ruleset tournaments data and non-URC Ruleset tournaments unless there is something extremely hard about it that I dont know about, in which case someone tell me.

I mean you're trying to say that TOs using a non-URC Ruleset that don't do the extra effort that TOs using the URC Ruleset don't have to go through to get the tournament stickied, don't want to make the community better as much as other TOs do.. that sounds kinda unfair to me.

But oh well.. since the staff decided that power abuse is okay when it comes to things that are "minor", there's nothing that can be done about it I guess.

But oh well.. since the staff decided that power abuse is okay when it comes to things that are "minor", there's nothing that can be done about it I guess.
I really hope you aren't taking my personal opinion as the stance of the staff as a whole.

I really hope you aren't.

Thino

Smash Master
I really hope you aren't taking my personal opinion as the stance of the staff as a whole.

I really hope you aren't.
if your personal opinion is different than the staff's stance as a whole, how do you explain that the tournaments aren't stickied regardless of the ruleset they use?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The decision on stickying tournaments or not was a site owner decision.

Thino

Smash Master
The decision on stickying tournaments or not was a site owner decision.
I see, then I don't blame the staff. It's just the site owner that is biased toward URC ruleset.

It wouldn't change anything to the fact that there's not much that can be done about it since it's the forum's higher authority that decided it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, there is some discussion regarding that, but changes won't be immediate.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What is the reasoning behind taking privileges away from non-URC tournaments?

I mean, why is there all this spew about universality and community, while still segregating tournaments? The UCR is essentially some 16 TOs deciding their own tournament rules. Why is there a need to "enforce" their view? Especially in such a minor and even petty manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom