• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink

Smash Hero
Eddie Howells posted to Charles OrokuSaki Kowalski

"Hey BigC, I just want you to know I am not letting the midwest down. I will be attending FC. "

ohhhh...its onn!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kage's accepting MMs, and Eddie's going to be there?

Couldn't this have been a couple weeks earlier?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
All this brawl hate is making me not want to go honestly. A lot of the melee community come off as stuck-up elitists and I really don't understand it. The brawl community improved the melee scene in a lot of ways, and several big brawl TO's have hosted large melee tournaments. The immaturity being displayed is a huge turn-off to interacting with a lot of people in the melee community in person.

I understand not liking a game but having a vendetta against a video game is just absurd.

BIG C

Smash Master
WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT BRAWL BEING THERE?

Like it? Great for you!

Dislike it? Who cares it's not your decision to make.

I don't want Brawl here either, but if the Kishes wish so, it's gonna be there and that's the end of it. Come or don't come.

As for the clashing communities the Melee players just don't want to have to wait 23115 hours for a Brawl tournament to finish.

I don't want Brawl here, but I have no say in the matter. I think that a lot of people thought we forced Melee to be a competitive fighter. I think that is false it always had the competitive edge needed to be a legitimate tournament fighter but I do think the Brawl community is forcing Brawl to be a competitive fighter.

But a note to the Brawl community, all of you posting that the Melee players talks of not wanting Brawl there is just giving Melee players more incentive to post such things. I.E if they don't want Brawl there they will just keep posting negative things about Brawl until all of you guys just say that you're not coming.

TLDR: IT'S THE KISH'S TOURNAMENT AND DECISION! STOP GETTING YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH! that's for both sides.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Thank you, Big C

It really comes down to the tourny hosts on whether they want brawl or not. Either way I dont really care since a tournament at this scale is going to be **** anyway.

edit:

"I understand not liking a game but having a vendetta against a video game is just absurd."

A vendetta? Really? You really think melee players hate brawl that much? lol talk about blowing things way out of proportion

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
All this brawl hate is making me not want to go honestly. A lot of the melee community come off as stuck-up elitists and I really don't understand it. The brawl community improved the melee scene in a lot of ways, and several big brawl TO's have hosted large melee tournaments. The immaturity being displayed is a huge turn-off to interacting with a lot of people in the melee community in person.

I understand not liking a game but having a vendetta against a video game is just absurd.
hylian summed up my thoughts.

Which is sad because i started playing smash in 06, and I believe hylian started before that. And I still feel as if Im going to be ostracised.
A vendetta? Really? You really think melee players hate brawl that much? lol talk about blowing things way out of proportion
Have you been reading this thread dude? Its pretty obvious that vendetta is the perfect word.

Wife said brawl would be 'a stain on the vision he has a for a great melee event'

I dont know how else to take that other than 'if you play/like brawl I have issues with you as a person and would rather you not stain my happiness with your presence, regardless of whether you also play melee or not.'

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...then dont come 0_0.....FC is a major established series that said they were running your game. if your not going to go to a tournament because 20 or so of the 300+ attendance have spoken down on your game, then thats tough ******s to you and not a good reason not to go ROFLLLLL.

brawl players.

KishSquared

Smash Master
We need a new topic. How about...

Senior Citizens vs Whippersnappers - who would win in a crew battle between people who joined Smashboards prior to FCD, and those who joined after? (FCD was July, 2007).

Discuss.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It's nothing personal to the Brawl players. Brawl simply took everything we loved about our favorite game, which for competitive players often can be a big part of their lives, and turned it in to Mario Party.

EDIT: Whippersnappers have nothing on us senior citizens (not like I'd make the team but still lol).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lolll...then dont come 0_0.....FC is a major established series that said they were running your game. if your not going to go to a tournament because 20 or so of the 300+ attendance have spoken down on your game, then thats tough ******s to you and not a good reason not to go ROFLLLLL.

brawl players.
I'm going to play melee not brawl. It's just sad to see the community act so immature. It seems like a lot of melee players are more interested in bashing brawl and brawl players than bolstering the melee scene.

Ambix

Smash Ace
If anyone can do it, it's the kishes. When everyone else was saying "CAN YOU GUYS BRING TVS?!" the Kishes said "We're getting RAC TVs!".
And when the TV's they delivered lagged horribly, the kish's got up in their grill and told them to deliver a bunch of tube TV's.

An hour later it was on.

Snap.

EDIT:

I have some friends who play brawl.

They're not bad people.

I just wouldn't want my daughter marrying one.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
We need a new topic. How about...

Senior Citizens vs Whippersnappers - who would win in a crew battle between people who joined Smashboards prior to FCD, and those who joined after? (FCD was July, 2007).

Discuss.
nah got to make it crazier than that. People who played during the time items were legal vs those who did not. Now that is old school vs new school ;x

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Wife said brawl would be 'a stain on the vision he has a for a great melee event'

I dont know how else to take that other than 'if you play/like brawl I have issues with you as a person and would rather you not stain my happiness with your presence, regardless of whether you also play melee or not.'
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

wow

yeah that's DEFINITELY what Wife meant.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Dude, I have three kids (one just born last Monday!). I've been married 6.5 years. I usually go to bed at 10pm. I play about 2 hours of video games a week, if that. HOWEVER, I am not yet 30, so I have that going for me.

Just trying to make you feel younger :)

alcheato

Smash Ace
Man, I remember being so pissed that I didn't go to FCD, but it looks like now I can redeem myself.

As for all the Brawl talk, I'm not a Brawl fan myself (the game bores the **** out of me), but it wouldn't take away from my Melee experience to have a Brawl tournament being run at the same time. People seriously need to quit their *****ing. Besides, as Big C said, it's ultimately up to the TO anyway.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't even know what to say.
I'm subscribing to this. The elitism is juicy. :applejack:

King5280

Smash Journeyman
melee over brawlllll nubz
herp derp.
melee is more my thing but brawl is a different game that appeals to some. who cares honestly?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Dude, I have three kids (one just born last Monday!). I've been married 6.5 years. I usually go to bed at 10pm. I play about 2 hours of video games a week, if that. HOWEVER, I am not yet 30, so I have that going for me.

Just trying to make you feel younger :)
Congrats on the new baby!

I have two kids and have been married for three years. We are not having any more kids though lol :)

Zicore

Smash Champion
Seriously, all you young brawl kiddies are ignorant as ****. You guys are calling us melee players "close-minded". I seriously don't think you guys know what that means. The ignorant red-necks in my town who won't vote for Obama purely because he is black and know nothing of his policies or stances on anything is being "close minded". People like Tink HAVE played brawl before. Hell, even TRAIL I'm sure has played it at some point, and tried to give it a chance (maybe)(hopefully).Most of the melee scene did at some point or another. I myself am a melee guy, but I ran one of the bigger tourneys for strictly brawl when it first came out. About 100 people in bum-**** wisconsin of all places. Hell, I traveled to play one of the Kish's when he lived in Marshfield with another old school melee player in EoF. You think that we haven't given it a chance, when in fact we were far more excited for the game to come out then you were.

The fact of the matter is that most of these guys who hold this tournament close to their hearts have been playing this game since most of the brawl players were in grade/middle school. More then a third of their lives, probably closer to half. This series has been the ONLY tournament series that hasn't EVER had both Brawl and Melee. And you guys are thinking it is completely unreasonable for them to not want their favorite tournament series to not have it. Not only is this the internet, where you can voice your opinion on the matter and not have it really matter because ultimately it is up to the Ship, who have my support in whatever decision they make. But to criticize someone like WIFE, who IMO is part of the reason competitive smash is still around in general (not to mention he is such a nice dude. Seriously, have a conversation with him once. He is ****ing awesome.), because he voiced his opinion about it is quite sad, and disrespectful to your elders.

Also, I don't think brawl should legally be there because half the brawl kiddies are under 18, and if SNEX shows up I'm sure there wouldn't be too many parents happy with their kids running around with a "registered sex offender" lulz.

Regardless, FC is gonna kick ***, and I cannot wait to play everyone I never had the pleasure of playing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom