• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
yoyoyo, dont let random people in this reflect the views of the kishes or the tournament FC. And as stated many times before, once people will get there, no one will care who is entering what. its not like "oh you play brawl? I'm gonna beat the **** outta you!." If that happens i will laugh for a bit, then lay the smack down for fighting over a video game and being stupid.
Hearing Melee players say "booooo" when Brawl is being played and heckling Brawl players simply being from there is not uncommon, unfortunately.

SBad said:
Never at nationals.

Alright guys I think the Kishes get our message/desire. Cut the Brawl talk imo, I think they'll run a great event regardless.
You wish. :\

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Because Melee players are the only ones being elitists and it never happens from the other side as well ever. Ok.

I really wish that you guys would stop killing this hype and change the stupid topic. It's annoying to read.

Tink

Smash Hero
lollll.....yo, it never happens from the other side because our game cant come after yours 0_0....brawl ppl dont have anything to complain about because you like your game, while for mosttt melee ppl, brawl ruined years and years of upcoming hype we envisioned would be there.

also, i assumed this was more of a wild wild west type of forum spot untill details get posted and then ppl can stfu about it. untill then, anything goes sucka

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well if mods havent infracted ppl...

ya..

I mean...ppl like what they like no worries...if the kishes wanted melee only they wouldnt have added brawl in the listing.

then again you never know.

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...no, brawl will def be here....kishes said so and so it shall be done.

anyone want some MMs? MW is full of free money.....kage, ill take a 5$ mm vs marth and fox.....joot, ill destroy that *** in some falcon dittos 0_0.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well..

Chu can place high...so can Chillen

MW IDK...

new school...you got ppl like drpp and company

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
lollll.....yo, it never happens from the other side because our game cant come after yours 0_0....brawl ppl dont have anything to complain about because you like your game, while for mosttt melee ppl, brawl ruined years and years of upcoming hype we envisioned would be there.

also, i assumed this was more of a wild wild west type of forum spot untill details get posted and then ppl can stfu about it. untill then, anything goes sucka
Don't misunderstand, I loooove Melee more than most things. It's just that I'd like to return the first 5 pages of hype, is all.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Is there going to be a problem with the toilets this year? I remember at FC6 when someone destroyed EVERY SINGLE ONE and I couldn't go boom boom. :(

BTW IF YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE A GIANT ****, DIG YOU A HOLE OUTSIDE.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
That post is hilarious. Shrouded, you should play me here.

Also, I personally haven't seen any of the reverse. It's probably happened, but it's equally insulting and easy to ignore because either way those people are immature.

Lovage

Smash Hero
not reading this long *** thread but i'll echo what armada said

i'm one of the biggest haters in the world of brawl (the game) but i couldn't give two ****s if the game is present or not at FC. this tournys gonna be sick as hell no matter what games they put on.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've seen/experienced enough of the reverse, though I will not deny that it's stronger from Melee.

Juushichi, I'd like to, but my means of transport are zero, at the moment. I'm working on it, though.

Metà

Smash Master
brawl is pretty much the worst thing to happen to smash ever, but I would still go to this regardless!

WC Canada might be showing up to this! I'm down to money match anyone in 64

Goddess

Smash Apprentice
well I am going to go to this since I missed all the other ones. Holy ****, I feel old getting back on here.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I think fundamentally it comes down to this.

What is the opportunity cost of running Brawl in addition to Melee at a National?

Pound 4 and 5 ran really well because of the abundance of setups. However, tournaments such as Genesis and Apex didn't have many setups due to the split of resources. As a result, I barely got to play anyone at these tourneys that I wanted to, which is one of the main reasons why I would fork out $400+ to go out to a tourney.

I don't really care if Brawl is at a tourney, but if it comes at the expense of a shortage in setups or something else, then it gets me angry. (This is more applicable to side events in general and not just brawl)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I don't really see the big deal to be honest. If FC has both Melee and Brawl, I will attend and just play / watch Melee for the entire weekend. Simple as that. From what I've heard the kishes are pretty much the best in the business so I trust that they'll be able to handle a Melee / Brawl tournament without compromising the quality of either. It's also important to not be stubborn for the sake of tradition.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just realized the last FC was Brawl only. :B

I played KishSquared in the finals, ROB vs. Bowser I think. Then everyone played pew pew lasers.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Brawl at MELEE-FC?

cant say im enthusiastic about that

Pound 4 and 5 ran really well because of the abundance of setups. However, tournaments such as Genesis and Apex didn't have many setups due to the split of resources. As a result, I barely got to play anyone at these tourneys that I wanted to, which is one of the main reasons why I would fork out $400+ to go out to a tourney.
i feel the same way, as im sure many others had the same experience. not trying to discriminate but... split games, split resources. Brawl tourneys present so many hurdles, i.e. long set times, less amount of Wiis, Wiis being stolen, ruleset issues.... its all such a big mess.

just my opinion

g-regulate

Smash Hero
^......................................................................... or greatest april fools joke on melee players ever?!?!?!?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Funny if FC was april fools. It kind of makes sense seeing that smashboards isnt pokeboards or anything like that this year. Also given the fact that "the best in the business at TO'ing" decides to not even give 6 months notice to what everyone would be expecting to be "the biggest and bestest" tourney yet kind of makes sense.......I mean perhaps it's short notice for a reason or its just a really good joke.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Not that I'm alluding to anything whatsoever, but IF this were just an April Fools' joke, today seems like it would be the day to announce it.

In totally unrelated news, we have a BIG surprise coming later TODAY...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom