• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Wait..what? Your post literally addresses nothing in mine lmao not even sure if you are replying to me. Unless you somehow took the last statement out of context. I said CONSISTENT results and also mentioned the lack of a skill cap, hard to believe you brought up RPS.
Wellllll, there is such a thing as competitive RPS.

http://www.worldrps.com/advanced-rps

It has its own metagame and following, and can produce consistent results. Honestly, the fact that you immediately ruled out RPS as a competitive game shows that you're exactly as capable of the same "unwarranted" hatred that you accuse Melee players of.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
hylian, you're wasting your breath.

you may as well be trying to convince pollocks that russians are decent human beings lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

oh yeah and let's not pretend that Melee ain't campy either.............

this is the part where I link to pinkshinobi, that german player (lol), amsah vs jman, and melee grand finals at apex

but I'm not going to do it

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
But Trail! I want to be able to do things while I'm in Hitstun (?????)! What ever will I do!
LMAO i like this post a lot

Brawl's a solid fighter. If Smash 64 was released, and then Brawl was released, everyone would have thought Brawl was awesome.
no lol. there would literally not be a tourney scene if melee wasn't around. there was no tournament scene before melee and the early brawl tournament scene was basically just an extension or progression of the melee tournament scene

also I played brawl before I ever touched melee, hated it, and stopped playing after I reached the finals in one tournament lol. you don't have to play melee to know brawl is trash

it probably helped that I played a lot of other fighting games before then though lol

edit: btw a lot of the people bashing brawl at this point (including myself) are just responding to points you guys (where "you guys" = brawl defenders) are making haha. I bet if you guys shut up about brawl we would too

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
You too Ratking. You too.

Edit: btw I am so relieved we reached the end of the day and this tournament wasn't declared an April Fools' joke >_>

Zicore

Smash Champion
There's nothing wrong with not liking the game. Saying it's not competitive is silly considering the years of consistent results and the fact that the game hasn't hit a skill ceiling yet. Just because something tests different skills doesn't make it noncompetitive.
Metaknight has been the top tier since the game came out, and it took less then a year for people to hack their systems so they could make the game more like melee.

You too Ratking. You too.

Edit: btw I am so relieved we reached the end of the day and this tournament wasn't declared an April Fools' joke >_>
This. All day it was "This better not be a joke...This BETTER not be a joke."

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I think we should all take a deep breath and listen to some of the great wisdom of the last stage debate Squared was involved in, since he had to remove it from his sig for space.

king_neeso said:
honestly i think its silly banning stages, if ppl get these so called unfair advantages in a match they have learnt how to fight in this game. if you are walking down the street and someone pulls out a knife and stabs you u dont go hey thats banned thats unfair. NO SHUT UP.
This may be one of my favorite posts ever on Smashboards other than the KishCubed threads.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The SF and MvC sequals were all designed to be competitive fighting games.
The problem is Brawl was crafted with the specific intention of being a non-competitive fighting game title. The game was purposefully formed into a watered down version of melee to make it more user friendly to all the nubs in hopes that we would all join hands and frolic in a land of floaty/campy characters that lack the ability to combo and do previously popular advanced techniques. My problem with the game is the specific intent of its creator to destroy greatness. Why people embrace this is humerous to me.

oh and Kel = Nub

afk
Melee wasn't designed to be competitive either. It's a goofball game that happened to accidentally have depth; it was originally played with items.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Coming to this.

All Nintendo games are goofball games with insane amounts of depth that people play competitively because the games themselves will always be innately fun.

On that note, there should be Mario Kart Battle(snes) side tourneys.

j00t

Smash Champion
Coming to this.

All Nintendo games are goofball games with insane amounts of depth that people play competitively because the games themselves will always be innately fun.

On that note, there should be Mario Kart Battle(snes) side tourneys.
MMing anyone in Super Mario Kart at this.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think we should all take a deep breath and listen to some of the great wisdom of the last stage debate Squared was involved in, since he had to remove it from his sig for space.

This may be one of my favorite posts ever on Smashboards other than the KishCubed threads.
That sounds about when I talk about ninjas. These ninjas train themselves in situations where they can die at any moment, so they HAVE to get stronger or else they die.. This mindset is awesome lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
what
that was a really bad argument
real life is in no way comparable to a video game
and there are laws to prevent/punish killings

kage why

KishPrime

BRoomer
Wow, we are one facebook like away from 200.

Yessssssssss

EDIT: Dang someone just swiped it.

KishPrime

BRoomer
There are two venues.

No, seriously. We are currently still in negotations to acquire the best deal between the two of them, and should be wrapped up by the end of the week.

resTy

Smash Champion
kingnesso said:
honestly i think its silly banning stages, if ppl get these so called unfair advantages in a match they have learnt how to fight in this game. if you are walking down the street and someone pulls out a knife and stabs you u dont go hey thats banned thats unfair. NO SHUT UP.
This post is upsetting because of how dumb it is...

Anyways, j00t, $10 money match? I'm still salty.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I burned a copy of PAL, but then I realized I didn't have anyone unlocked and didn't feel like finding the memory card data and working out a transfer.

A lot of people had dreams of a PAL tournament someday in the states, but probably won't be happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom