• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Melee wasn't designed to be competitive either. It's a goofball game that happened to accidentally have depth; it was originally played with items.
Accidentally competitive =/= INTENTIONALLY non-competitive

Zicore

Smash Champion
trying to bring the legendary Element of Fire to this. **** just got real.

Crews should be "before tier lists" vs "After tier lists".

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I will be here for this, and I just offered my streaming services to KishPrime. This will include hours of frontpage promotion on twitch.tv, and because the event is so epic I will be able to get a blog post up on twitch's blog a month or so beforehand to build the hype. It would be an honor to help make this event as epic as possible, and offering to stream the event is the best tool I have to help!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i hate arguing melee vs brawl..... just stop having both at the same tournament! brawl players can have fun playing their game without melee players, no biggie

darkatma

Smash Hero
I burned a copy of PAL, but then I realized I didn't have anyone unlocked and didn't feel like finding the memory card data and working out a transfer.

A lot of people had dreams of a PAL tournament someday in the states, but probably won't be happening here.
I have a fully unlocked PAL save on my memory card if you want me to bring it to this event.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Melee wasn't designed to be competitive either. It's a goofball game that happened to accidentally have depth; it was originally played with items.
No one disagrees with you there, the difference is that brawl was intentionally designed to be non-competitive by taking out all the accindental **** that made melee one of the greats.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dont argue with OS, its futile. see how when you were talking about brawl, he took a personal shot at your "melee career"? theres just no winning

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
this thread has everything! the revival of a classic tournament series, a completely pointless argument between brawl and melee, and OS being...OS!

btw OS, mega man legends soccer...or was it soccer legends?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
All I care about is that I got a Vita and game and apparently I cannot play it because I have to have a memory card?

Screw Sony.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I guess I'll cross Uncharted off my list.

No I think Hot Shots Golf and MLB Baseball got about 400 hours of play over 6+ years of PSP ownage, so that's pretty much my motivation for upgrading right now.

But Sony is annoying the heck out of me already with everything about the setup process until I got to the end and can't play a game out of the box.

I just want to say "What the heck? What the heck?" And I actually did.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
dont argue with OS, its futile. see how when you were talking about brawl, he took a personal shot at your "melee career"? theres just no winning
You should have heard our conversations during tournament matches. :p

Last stock last hit in IC dittos in the last game during my last set with Trail, if I recall correctly. Don't think I'll get that close again.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone want to have MM's in all 3 games at this? I find it rare to find others who actually play all 3 games on a consistent basis.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
this thread has everything! the revival of a classic tournament series, a completely pointless argument between brawl and melee, and OS being...OS!

btw OS, mega man legends soccer...or was it soccer legends?
3305 was your room, 5164 was my room.

MMSL, Lt. Shore.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've never met someone who consistently played all three. That'd be cool to see.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've never met someone who consistently played all three. That'd be cool to see.
Have you met me? lol. Serious question, don't know if I've met you at a tournament. I play all 3, though I'm not as good at 64 as I am at melee and brawl, but play it every tuesday with some friends whenever I don't have too much work to do.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I may have glimpsed you briefly at Apex (this is just a maybe), but no, I haven't. You play all three competitively? I don't know if I could do that; the differences are kind of big for me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I may have glimpsed you briefly at Apex (this is just a maybe), but no, I haven't. You play all three competitively? I don't know if I could do that; the differences are kind of big for me.
I don't really go to tournaments for 64, but I know the AT's for it and I like to think I've got a pretty mean ness and actually play it more often then melee or brawl lol. I've played melee competitively since 2003, and brawl since it came out.

Heck yes.

:phone:
$5 for each game? :).

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
So what's this big post "in unrelated news" I've been waiting in absolute anticipation for? Or did I miss it entirely in my tl;dr skimming? >_>

KishPrime

BRoomer
Oh what? Was that when Squared was "pretending" this was all an April Fools' joke?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Have you met me? lol. Serious question, don't know if I've met you at a tournament. I play all 3, though I'm not as good at 64 as I am at melee and brawl, but play it every tuesday with some friends whenever I don't have too much work to do.
But 64 is sooooooooo easy.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But 64 is sooooooooo easy.
Yeah but I don't have years and years of experience in it like I do with melee and brawl lol. I just know how to do all the technical stuff.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I did okay at APEX with Kirby in 64.
I just pretended that he was Snake and utilted all day and camped.

It worked really well. :applejack:

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Oh what? Was that when Squared was "pretending" this was all an April Fools' joke?
Something like that, lol

Hylian, I'm not great at 64, I suck at Brawl, and am decent at Melee but I'll take you up on a $1-$5 MM for each. Just to get the blood going :3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I must have missed it D:

I'm not sure who i'm teaming with, but I really want it to be someone I know personally or respect. I only asked Umbreon because he is the latter and I wouldn't mind if the former happened.

If I nobody wants to team with me (:c) i'll just get a "normal" teammate

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, I would love to get a 3 game MM going. I was just playing 64 a few min ago!
Sounds good :).

Something like that, lol

Hylian, I'm not great at 64, I suck at Brawl, and am decent at Melee but I'll take you up on a $1-$5 MM for each. Just to get the blood going :3
Haha ok.

Hylian ignoring my challenge
Pffft. Just hadn't gotten to it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom