• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Legacy Results

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
As many people have said, this was one of the best tournies, if not the best tourney, ever. Words can't fully describe how amazing this week has been for me. Getting to see so many old friends and reconnect with smashers long since retired was an experience I can only hope fortune will deign to grace me with again someday. As with all the other FCs, this was something truly special.

To all of the Ship of Fools, my heartfelt thanks for putting together such an amazing event. You have been pillars of this great community in my eyes since its very beginning, and you have cemented your places within it as some of the best smashers there are. Not in terms of skill, though you aren't lacking there either, but as exceptional human beings. Tim's comment about MELEE-FC's inception as a way to allow Daniel to experience the thrills of a National tourney brought the most viciously bittersweet smile to my face. In a way, this was his Legacy too. I feel priviledged to have known him, for he was truly an outstanding individual, and is still sorely missed.

Tim - I have never known you to be anything other than the most respectable of gentlemen, and your diligence and perseverance in organizing and keeping this event running smoothly are a testament to your character.

Jeff - Your wit and shining enthusiasm is genuinely infectious. Seeing your children playing PM was one of the highlights of my entire trip.

Iggy - It was amazing teaming with you. I wish we'd done better, but our pool was one of the most enjoyable hours of Melee I've ever played.

Joshu - Good luck with your new life in MI. Thanks for being awesome, and bravo on the Falcon song.

Mango - congratulations on your wins. You never cease to amaze.

HBox - Contrats on your wins and near wins as well. Good teaming with you in those pokeball matches.

SFAT - Nice job. I enjoyed losing to you in pools.

Moogle - Always a joy seeing you again. Sorry I missed GFs, but congrats on 2nd all the same.

Melissa - It was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks for all the 64 matches. Good luck in your studies!

All the other 64 players - I had fun getting trounced by you all. It was great meeting some of you and seeing the rest of you again.

Chillin - Bad luck in bracket dude. Had fun hanging out with you again, as always.

JCaesar - Guess we're moving up in the Smash world, eh? My ZSS is ready anytime.

cmart - Look, no caps. I don't think we played much if at all this time but it's always fun hanging out with you.

SMK - It was nice meeting you. Had fun hanging out at Steak 'n' Shake. Just Calm Down dude.

Strong_Bad - Great pools matches. Your Fox surprised me. I'll be ready next time.

Milkman - Holy crap, so much sleeping!

Mers - Good to see you again, great matches all tourney. Thanks for the adventures to MI. Mismatching all the way.

Carroll - Holy crap that Fox ditto was intense. We should play more, both Melee and PM, next time.

SDM - A legend in his day. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Bryce - It was nice meeting you. I'm glad I could help introduce you to the larger Smash scene. Stick with it if you can, it only gets better.

Eclipsing Binary - Also nice to meet you. Good matches before the tourney.

Hax - I enjoyed watching you level up in PM teams right before my eyes. Good

Darkrain - Simply astounding. The people's Smasher to the end.

Eddie - It was just fantastic seeing you again and getting to reminisce about the last decade again.

Viperboy - I enjoyed listening to your thoughts during the panel.

DoH - Old school smashers are the best. We have all the fun. come hang out with us in NC again soon!

Kage - Good to see you again. Keep up the good work in PM!

Random guys we drafted crews with in the hotel - Thanks for letting us barge in and play Melee with you, lol!

ORLY - Teams matches, both tourney and for funsies, were too good. Porygon!

Carzyguy - Fun matches with you after the tourney. Get those ICs back!

Daz - It was great meeting you and talking PM with you. Random bus rides ftw!

Rusty - Crazy paper folding madness. Come to Apex!

Yakal - Congrats on a solid showing. We'll play next time.

Drephen, Watty, and the rest of the Ohio crews - What's an FC without all you guys? Don't stop being awesome.

To everyone else - I know I talked to some of you, and I enjoyed playing all of you that I got matches in with. Tournaments like this one were what kept me coming back to the scene for years. It's amazing to think what can happen in a decade, and it has certainly been an eventful one. I want to thank you all for being dedicated to these games, because without all of us there is no Smash community, and I'm extremely proud to have been a part of it for so long.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
SSB Singles Finals
SSB Teams Finals
SSB Bonus

I've made progress on splitting up everything but the initial pools. Encoding is taking much longer than expected though... I'll get the matches up as they finish. Also, about that occasional blank frame, it only happens for captured footage from the N64. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's only a minor distraction. It isn't present on any of the other systems.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
P:M doubles Vro+Axe 1st, Hbox and me, 2nd.
Haha...thanks. You'd think I'd know things like that but it wasn't written on my bracket and I've mixed up 2nd and 3rd before when I try to go from memory, so thought I'd just wait it out. :p

Hey Omni, can you please put the characters in the title of the video as well when you have a chance? Thanks!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Still can't get the cover animation to work =( I've tried everything codec and framerate-related that I know about, to no avail.

Should I start uploading the vids without it, or can someone help out a video technology noob?

The Star King

Smash Hero
SSB Singles Finals
SSB Teams Finals
SSB Bonus

I've made progress on splitting up everything but the initial pools. Encoding is taking much longer than expected though... I'll get the matches up as they finish. Also, about that occasional blank frame, it only happens for captured footage from the N64. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's only a minor distraction. It isn't present on any of the other systems.
Why not upload it the way it's on your stream, with the players and voices and stuff? I kind of think it's better that way. Although maybe it doesn't matter because watching people lose against someone as free as Battlecow is painful either way :troll: (except seeing Mango lose might be funny)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Why not upload it the way it's on your stream, with the players and voices and stuff? I kind of think it's better that way. Although maybe it doesn't matter because watching people lose against someone as free as Battlecow is painful either way :troll: (except seeing Mango lose might be funny)
I don't save the stream recordings locally, so those only exist in the archives. So no hype noises for these matches... sorry.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Can we please have more tournament results with character icons? It really helps us new people associate people with characters and also adds a nice touch to these kinds of threads <3
I was wondering about this as well, at least for the bracket players, idk.

Forgive me for asking, but the full results will have brackets and pools results as well, correct? Just making sure, but I'll wait of course.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

Atyx7

Smash Rookie
This was an amazing tournament! :D the sets of mango vs darkrain were so ****ing hype! This was the first time I see the good doctor and chad, I would like to see more matches of those two. Wobbles is really good at Commentary! =)

KishPrime

BRoomer
I was wondering about this as well, at least for the bracket players, idk.

Forgive me for asking, but the full results will have brackets and pools results as well, correct? Just making sure, but I'll wait of course.
I'm not going to put in characters, but if someone else wants to then I'll copy it into the first post. Just don't have time right now.

There aren't really nice brackets for most of them...practically everything was done by hand thanks to tio. I could probably scan up the pools eventually if people really want them? We will eventually have full results up, though, of course. Only about 18 pools left to calculate, then I can post everything else up into the first post.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^ Ah I see. I'm willing to do the characters a bit later if people want it. The reason I asked for brackets/pools is because this tournament's results would be a great addition to the ssbpd, since so many matches were played between so many different people. (So at the very least, I'm hoping there are still bracket/pools for melee singles, the rest probably isnt as important)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
P:M Final Pool Matches are up.

SSBM Final Pool matches are up next.

Note that YouTube seems to be hit and miss with audio sync. My local copies sound fine, but there may be some very slight desync depending on the match. It's only 50-100 ms, so it's not too noticable.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I really wanna know what the payouts are lol.

I know Chad and I won $30 from getting 3rd in brawl doubles which is hilarious :p

Also, I think somebody should make a video thread :)

KishPrime

BRoomer
I've been adding up receipts and working on money all night, and I think my estimates from the revised packet are pretty much where they're staying. I can't very well reallocate them once I've got them out in print and the winners are determined, so it just comes down to whether I could, say, toss an extra $100-200 into the pot and try and evenly split it up between all the people that won money so as not to show favoritism.

Frankly, though, looks like my original estimates were pretty close, so I'm probably just going to go with what's listed here.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ooh me too hey college buddy!

@Star King: Is someone mad because mommy still won't let him go to tourneys?
I actually didn't even ask this time because I obviously didn't have the resources to go, unlike Apex. No ride, no housing offered, further location, ridic entry fee... consider yourself lucky bub :smirk:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
1. Mango :falcomelee: :foxmelee: :falconmelee:
2. Hungrybox :jigglypuffmelee:
3. Axe :pikachumelee: :falcomelee: :younglinkmelee:
4. SFAT :foxmelee:
5. Kage :ganonmelee:
6. Hax :falconmelee:
7. Kels :foxmelee:
8. Darkrain :falconmelee:
9. Chillindude :foxmelee:
9. Little England :falcomelee:
9. -Chad- :pikachumelee: :foxmelee:
9. VaNz :peachmelee:
13. Shroomed :drmario:
13. Duck :samusmelee:
13. Trail :icsmelee: :ganonmelee:
13. Baka4moe :peachmelee:
17. CunningKitsune :foxmelee:
17. MetA :jigglypuffmelee:
17. MOJO :marthmelee: :foxmelee: :falconmelee:
17. G$ :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
17. DoH :peachmelee:
17. Nite :falcomelee:
17. Jake13 :falcomelee:
17. FrootLoop :falcomelee:
25. Drephen :sheikmelee:
25. TheGoodDoctor :sheikmelee: :zeldamelee:
25. SwiftBass :foxmelee:
25. MattDotZeb :falcomelee:
25. Tink :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
25. IrishMafia :peachmelee:
25. Vudujin :luigimelee:
25. BigD :falconmelee: :foxmelee:
33. Viperboy :falcomelee:
33. HIV+ :falcomelee:
33. Ambix :peachmelee:
33. j00t :gwmelee: :falconmelee:
33. Strong Bad :dkmelee:
33. Diglob :falcomelee:
33. ORLY :falconmelee:
33. The Moon :marthmelee:
41. 4% APR :foxmelee:
41. DJ Talent :zeldamelee:
41. Juggleguy :falconmelee:
41. Lanceinthepants :falcomelee:
41. Sveet :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
41. moogle :sheikmelee:
41. Jace06 :falconmelee:
41. B-Ryan :marthmelee:
49. onionchowder :drmario:
49. Scythe :falcomelee: :mariomelee:
49. Yakal :falcomelee:
49. VTS :icsmelee:
49. BigR :falcomelee:
49. Ripple :marthmelee: :dkmelee:
49. Cosmo :zeldamelee:
49. Cheato :foxmelee:
57. XDoesUpB :sheikmelee:
57. ycz6 :samusmelee:
57. Abu :jigglypuffmelee:
57. Wobbles (withdrawal) :grimer:
57. eighteenspikes :drmario:
57. Juke :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
57. JMOAN :sheikmelee:
57. 'Fro :samusmelee:

Here are characters as far I know/can remember. Everyone feel free to correct any mistakes.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I used Young Link too lol :p Only for 1 match though. So not sure if it's necessary to put that by my name but yeah lol

:phone:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
speaking of single games with young link, vanz and g$ too lol...

mojo uses falcon too, i think he used him in his bracket match against vudujin

its a shame the two zeldas didnt make bracket =/

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Still can't get the cover animation to work =( I've tried everything codec and framerate-related that I know about, to no avail.

Should I start uploading the vids without it, or can someone help out a video technology noob?
You can just import the file into Windows Live Movie Maker and do your editing with that. It's what I'm doing, lol.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
JuggleGuy the AVI version isn't even working?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Hey juggleguy, sad to say, but I didn't go any roy, I went DK

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I've been adding up receipts and working on money all night, and I think my estimates from the revised packet are pretty much where they're staying. I can't very well reallocate them once I've got them out in print and the winners are determined, so it just comes down to whether I could, say, toss an extra $100-200 into the pot and try and evenly split it up between all the people that won money so as not to show favoritism.

Frankly, though, looks like my original estimates were pretty close, so I'm probably just going to go with what's listed here.
how do the payouts work with the final 8 pool? Listing is based on a bracket ending (1/2/3/4/5/7)

Top Bottom