• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Legacy Results

AXE 09

Smash Master
Do you think you could include the payouts in the OP next to each top placer in each event? That'd be great

:phone:

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Payouts are in the information packet and time I spend doing that is time I'm not spending on other things.

Sorry guys, got the checks physically written tonight but could get no further. Have not stopped moving since about 2-3 weeks before FC, and dealing with a major computer crash tonight on top of that. Almost got everything restored tonight.

Small steps. I'll get there soon. :( Massive apologies for my slowness.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Super late and unneccesarily long shoutouts-from-a-fledgling-smasher mode go

Best first national ever. I ended up driving with my fellow Kalamazoo smasher Zbet (brayden7) to South Bend and back every day because we couldn't quite swing it any other way, and even with the 3 hour round trip drive every day and running on 3-4 hours of sleep every day, I can't put into words how glad I am that I came. Most of you guys first experienced this a (very) long time ago, but now I can truly understand how a national is a completely different experience from a local or regional tournament and how it has to be experienced before it can really be described. This tourney was everything I was hoping to experience and more. I lost to most everyone here, so it makes standard shoutouts kind of interesting, lol. But I feel that I improved so freaking much over these 3 days of play, saltiness, more saltiness, and more play, and I feel that I really know how to step up my game now. I really value this experience, and it's definitely a bummer that there won't be another FC. I'm just glad I came to this one to wrap up my summer.

Onto the shoutouts (w/ characters I remember you playing against me and/or saw you play that I recall):

1. Mango :falcomelee: :foxmelee: :falconmelee: - Yo, those Falco dittos. I won't ever forget that pause/zoom at the end of that one game, even though you probably already have, lol. The ledgehog in the second game was kinda silly, but you didn't have to rip the memory card out, haha. I will defeat you someday, though...no matter how long that takes.
2. Hungrybox :jigglypuffmelee: - You are seriously a legit dude; don't ever quit smash. Grats on those top placings in Melee and in PM. Hopefully, I won't get 4-stocked next time, haha. I just couldn't land that kill >.<
3. Axe :pikachumelee: :falcomelee: - The nicest smasher I've ever met, for sure. Dat Pikachu was too good. Got off on dat Falco a bit, even if just for a stock or two. Seeing those warm-up routines in between stocks was just borderline intimidating, though, haha. Too good. Grats on 3rd!
5. Kage :ganonmelee: - Yo, Ganon in top 5, good ****! It's really awesome to see a Ganon place so well. I really wish we got in those other games, though...next time!
6. Hax :falconmelee: - Your spacing is just too good. Hopefully, I'll be able to put up even somewhat of a fight next time, haha. Thanks for those friendlies!
8. Darkrain :falconmelee: - My friendlies with you were probably one of the biggest highlights for me at FC, haha. Playing against the Midwest legend himself. Your sets were hype as ****, lol. Good ****!
9. Little England :falcomelee: - Grats on your win against Kage. It looks like we have another rising top Falco on our hands :cool: I'll have to get in some non-teams matches with you some time, for sure.
9. -Chad- :pikachumelee: - Never played you, but I didn't expect to see 2 Pikachus in top 10 by any means. Grats to you, that's really awesome!
13. Shroomed :drmario: - It was really cool that you remembered TC aka Tyler aka Oddish aka Sex Panther, haha. After playing against his Doc so much, it was really awesome to play a few matches against your Doc; I really enjoyed those matches.
13. Duck :samusmelee: - Thanks for the friendlies on day 3. I saw you getting Mango all riled up in that first game in brackets, haha, so good ****; even though he won anyways, it was really impressive. It's good to see that a Michigan player at least made it into the top 20, haha. I can't wait to see how much better you get.
17. CunningKitsune :foxmelee: - I really enjoyed our pools set, even though you basically figured me out or something and then just steamrolled me game 2, haha. It was really cool to play against the same guy who wrote that crazy long guide :p
17. G$ :marthmelee: - As soon as you picked Marth in pools, I knew that set was over, haha. I have the hardest time with Marth. GG's in pools, I'll just have to get better.
17. DoH :peachmelee: - Your aggro Peach is really interesting, haha. Thanks for the friendlies.
17. Jake13 :falcomelee: - I had no idea how good you were until you ***** my *** in pools, haha. I should've got more friendlies in with you; next time.
25. Vudujin :luigimelee: - It was cool to see your Luigi in action again. Throw Artificial Flavor some more of those tips, haha.
33. HIV+ :falcomelee: - Even I can tell your Falco is really getting good. Grats on beating Darkrain. Let me know when you'll be in Kalamazoo; K-zoo will definitely make time to play friendlies with you.
33. The Moon :marthmelee: - Yo, thanks for playing so many games with me. I learned a lot from those games. Sorry that I wasn't more of a challenge...lol
41. Juggleguy :falconmelee: - Thanks for giving me some salty rematches, haha...and sorry about the aforementioned saltiness. At least we got in a few nice games. I'm like 99% sure I won't be able to make The Big House 2 as it's scheduled right now, which really sucks :urg:, but definitely let me know about any other tourneys you're hosting, and I'll surely try to be at them. I'll have to see if/when I can get that Kzoo tourney going.
41. Jace06 :falconmelee: - Thanks for the friendlies. Your Falcon is pretty damn good, haha
49. Scythe :falcomelee: - GG's in pools. Thought I might've had ya after game 2, but I guess I should've banned FoD, haha. Dat crazy stageban system. Looking forward to getting even next time. :cool:
49. VTS :icsmelee: Nice IC's. Don't see those much at all where I'm from, lol.
57. Abu :jigglypuffmelee: :foxmelee: - Thanks for the friendlies. It was good to play your :jigglypuffmelee: again.
57. Wobbles (withdrawal) :icsmelee: - Thanks for the super-early morning friendlies. You taught me a good bit about IC's in that relatively short period of time, so thank you for that.
65. brayden7 :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :peachmelee: - I will become better than you someday or become 2nd best in the world trying...lol
65. Bl@ckChris :ganonmelee: - I never knew Ganon could do some of those things, haha. Moonwalk spacing tactics...too good. It was good to meet you; we'll have to play more games in the future, for sure. It's too bad PP couldn't make it; I was really looking forward to playing a few games with him.
65. Green Ranger :dkmelee: - Yo, those crazy cargo assaults. DK is a pretty crazy character, lol. Thanks for the games, we'll definitely have to play more some day.
65. KOKingpin :ganonmelee: - GG's in pools. Thought I had you in game 2 on FoD, haha, but that one SD after I got off kinda killed it for me, I suppose. I'll be ready for you next time!
81. Solace One :foxmelee: - GG's in pools. We'll have to play again some time.
81. Massive :jigglypuffmelee: - Thanks for all of the puff games. Call me crazy, but I'm actually beginning to enjoy the :jigglypuffmelee: :falcomelee: matchup now, haha. I feel a little better about that matchup now, at least.
97. Lemon - You definitely seem like a cool dude from the various lounge sessions, haha. I really wish we got to play some games; I definitely won't let it slip by next time I see you.
97. Carroll :foxmelee: :marthmelee: - Yooooo, **** that Marth, lol. I'll be ready for solid Marths in the future. Epic MM was epic, though; thought I had you on that last game after that brutal combo, but you punished my positioning or somethin', haha. We've both gotten a lot better since way back in SWEET V. Definitely looking forward to trashing both that Fox and Marth next time we meet :awesome:
97. 311 :marthmelee: - Thanks for the games. Always good to get in some Marth practice.
97. Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - waaaaaaaat place better next time bro
113. Toadster :marthmelee: - It's definitely encouraging to hear from someone else that Kzoo is improving fast. We should definitely play more games soon. Maybe next time I come up to EL; get in touch with General Heinz and play him, he's looking for some sparring partners at the moment :p

I know I definitely missed some people since it's been a week or so since, but thanks to everyone who played me for the games and to everyone involved in the planning, running, and general logistics of this tournament for making it so awesome. It was definitely an experience I can't imagine myself ever forgetting.

It was epic seeing all of those top players live in action. It was even more epic to play against them and see exactly what makes them each so good. Each one of them completely ***** me in their own unique ways, lol.

Overall, good **** to everyone. This event was sick.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Question. You know how in the registration there were those three questions on the bottom (ie. who do you have the most fun playing)? What was done with that info?
I'd like to know this, too! And are the photos taken at the beginning of Day 1 going to be used for a BACH-style montage?

KishPrime

BRoomer
The photos were taken just in case we ever needed them for anything ever...there wasn't a specific intent to them.

The other information was collected in the hope that we could put together an FC directory with cool facts about everyone. Unfortunately, I didn't end up with as much staff as I was hoping for and ended up with too much on my plate to put it together. I can try to find a way to release it eventually...add it to my list. :p

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Don't forget the cardgame rules. I still can't play it :(

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd love to see photos from FC, I'm sure there were tons of them. Like what about those Top 32 or Top 8 vids/photos too? =P

I mean what was the point in taking them if no one can see? History needs to be remembered in some way!

Valadis

Smash Cadet
Super fun tourney guys! Thanks again to Kishes, Iggy, Joshu, vgbootcamp and everyone who made it possible! Venue was top notch and that breakfast was definitely killer. I liked running registration cause I got to meet everyone! Sorry if I forgot your name like ten times

Texas YEEHAW - good **** Jake and Oscar making it to bracket and repping the **** out of Texas.
Mouf - are we getting weird yet? I swear, if I walk in on you and Jake one more time....
JesusFreak - it was fun hanging out! Even though you do yoshi dair in your sleep...that's weird.
GarrrrrrR - thanks for taking the train with me, I guess we could have walked from the station but YOLO amirite?
Obsoleek - always fun to hang out with you. My Pinkie Pie shirt was for couples only! So if you want a Bic Mac, you know what you need to do...
Hannah and Kevin - good to see you guys even though we didn't play.

G$ - always good to see you (and eat all your food)! Donald Duck, goofy, Mickey MOUSE - ah, that's been on my mind lately.
Tristate crew - Swift, Hax, Mafia - haven't seen you guys in forever. It was nice to see yall again and wow, you guys definitely grew up :p
Vanz - lookin good!
Travis - SUPER FUN friendlies. Like honestly the most fun friendlies I've had in years. I can't wait to see your documentary
Taki - really fun playing with you man! Even though you ***** the **** out of me, for some reason, it was still super fun. LOL at G yelling you
Vudujin - thanks for pool captaining, and **** your matches against mojo were so intense. Like each game last stock you guys seemed so tense. Well, i hope you make it back out to Austin for another tourney soon!
Everyone in my pool - GGs everypony, though I was about to quit melee like right afterward :(
Wobbles - nice meeting you! I wish we could have played since I am kinda an IC main. Sigh, your ICs are so good
Axe - nice to meet you! You are like the nicest smasher ever, and holy **** at you and Wobbles ****** in crews even though half your crew wasn't there
Mango - nice to see you again, you haven't seem to have changed much :p
Eclipsing Binary - nice to see you again! Let's meet up again in three years.
Strongbad - it was nice to meet you! Every so often at the central hub, I'd look down and see a bushel of Donkey Kings hanging out, definitely gave me o_O face.
Kelly - nice playing you! Your Sheik's not bad, let's play again next time!
Jesi - haha we should have teamed! And I do't mean to mac on your man but daaaammmnnn, that Falcon is just godlike
standardtaoaster <3

Ermm, ggs to everyone I played. Everyone is invited to come play and hang out with us Texas where we can eat some bbq and reckon stuff. I'm sorry if I forgot to mention you, I had so much fun with everyone though!!!

Hey Em! It was awesome playing you as well. I'm going to be better by Apex, I'm determined ;) See you again hopefully soon~

KishPrime

BRoomer
Don't forget the cardgame rules. I still can't play it :(

Having trouble getting back into the website due to the computer crash...sorry about that.
www.nd.edu/~tkish/CCG.pdf

I think we got most of the checks wrapped up and into envelopes tonight thanks to a little help from my wife...whew. The biggest two checks, though, I still need to make a tax phone call on tomorrow.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Was Cosmo put into Pool 9 R1? Strong Bad told me that Vidjo didn't show up and was probably replaced with Cosmo. I just want to confirm this for videos.

I have two 1 hr vids of Project M from my setup. Does anyone know who played on it and what matches they were? I also have a 1 hr vid of melee from day 2. Does anyone know who played and what matches they were? It was the setup in the back on the right next to the secondary stream setup.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Are you sure? I recall directly talking to cosmo about his reasons for attending and his response was black hayate couldn't make it, the money was non-refundable, and cosmo had the days off. I'm not sure why he would be put in Vidjo's place...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Alright, never mind then. Kishes probably thought swapping Vidjo for Cosmo would be better for pool balance.

KishPrime

BRoomer
We had numbers for the prerankings based on the TO polls, and Cosmo didn't align precisely with Black Hayate when we asked a few people. Adding him in Vidjo's place, and thus erring on the side of overseeding him was "safer" than the alternative, I thought.

The SilentSwag issue was similar but different. Shrug. He could've ended up in that slot if he'd wanted it.

chillindude829

Smash Master
just got my check :D thanks ship of fools

finally feel comfortable posting this exchange with joshu while filling out my payment info on the final day of fc:

me: this isnt gonna be like mlg 05 with the check wait times is it?
joshu: no, this is vgames

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it was on the desktop that was being used for checkin then was moved back to the staff table
i think jeff put it on the desktop of it and named it something like Project M

Top Bottom