• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Legacy Results

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Me and d. Won doubles. And for that there were like 12 teams

:phone:

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Can we please have more tournament results with character icons? It really helps us new people associate people with characters and also adds a nice touch to these kinds of threads <3

kd-

Smash Lord
Reading about these FC moments, these 'Kish Revelations' from post 1 and post 37, about how much stuff can go wrong and right and at the same time how many people recognized this as an amazing event reminds me that the height of playing these games - for me at least - comes from these moments in and outside of the game itself. This is really cool.

On a small, selfish but semi-related note, shameless repost: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14794427&postcount=219
Those videos help to capture the tournament/lifestyle experience and I'd love to see more of them with smash. If not, I believe the Kish's posts did enough justice for that anyway. Simply awesome.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
GIMR/Aposl/Bio: I'm having trouble converting the YouTube-downloaded version of the MELEE-FC10R logo animation to be compatible with appended segments of my recordings. Can you guys provide a version of it that is .AVI, 29.97003 fps?
I'll get it to you ASAP

TheLake

Smash Master
ugggh such a good tourney

probably the best ive been too

in terms of like love, care, dj talent, women, homies, and grimey melee

Ill do worthier shout outs later but for now

HUMONGOUS SHOUT OUT

to Kish's sister

for baking cookies

for all the teams that wouldnt have done well anyways

like I want everyone to screw up my seeding in teams

so I can eat epic food

I...you dont realize

how much i love food

I think I cried

In fact

I know I cried

im still crying

<3<3<3 If shes single and looking to settle down with a zelda main who never makes bracket
Ill post my info later ;D

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Nah, there were 4. D. Disciple, MilkMan, Raven Knight, and Apostle. Apostle filled in for YoshQ since he couldn't make it.
yeah, and I was going to, but decided to stick to the stream instead. I would've taken that for free, lol

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If anyone knows who played on the TV next to the secondary stream setup, please let me know. It was a black tv with a vcr in it. I had a cable plugged into the headphone jack and an ipod speaker that was playing the game sound.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Stuff went wrong? Man I thought it was incredibly well run despite that. I didn't notice anything wrong, the tournament was just too freaking good.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Super fun tourney guys! Thanks again to Kishes, Iggy, Joshu, vgbootcamp and everyone who made it possible! Venue was top notch and that breakfast was definitely killer. I liked running registration cause I got to meet everyone! Sorry if I forgot your name like ten times

Texas YEEHAW - good **** Jake and Oscar making it to bracket and repping the **** out of Texas.
Mouf - are we getting weird yet? I swear, if I walk in on you and Jake one more time....
JesusFreak - it was fun hanging out! Even though you do yoshi dair in your sleep...that's weird.
GarrrrrrR - thanks for taking the train with me, I guess we could have walked from the station but YOLO amirite?
Obsoleek - always fun to hang out with you. My Pinkie Pie shirt was for couples only! So if you want a Bic Mac, you know what you need to do...
Hannah and Kevin - good to see you guys even though we didn't play.

G$ - always good to see you (and eat all your food)! Donald Duck, goofy, Mickey MOUSE - ah, that's been on my mind lately.
Tristate crew - Swift, Hax, Mafia - haven't seen you guys in forever. It was nice to see yall again and wow, you guys definitely grew up :p
Vanz - lookin good!
Travis - SUPER FUN friendlies. Like honestly the most fun friendlies I've had in years. I can't wait to see your documentary
Taki - really fun playing with you man! Even though you ***** the **** out of me, for some reason, it was still super fun. LOL at G yelling you
Vudujin - thanks for pool captaining, and **** your matches against mojo were so intense. Like each game last stock you guys seemed so tense. Well, i hope you make it back out to Austin for another tourney soon!
Everyone in my pool - GGs everypony, though I was about to quit melee like right afterward :(
Wobbles - nice meeting you! I wish we could have played since I am kinda an IC main. Sigh, your ICs are so good
Axe - nice to meet you! You are like the nicest smasher ever, and holy **** at you and Wobbles ****** in crews even though half your crew wasn't there
Mango - nice to see you again, you haven't seem to have changed much :p
Eclipsing Binary - nice to see you again! Let's meet up again in three years.
Strongbad - it was nice to meet you! Every so often at the central hub, I'd look down and see a bushel of Donkey Kings hanging out, definitely gave me o_O face.
Kelly - nice playing you! Your Sheik's not bad, let's play again next time!
Jesi - haha we should have teamed! And I do't mean to mac on your man but daaaammmnnn, that Falcon is just godlike
standardtaoaster <3

Ermm, ggs to everyone I played. Everyone is invited to come play and hang out with us Texas where we can eat some bbq and reckon stuff. I'm sorry if I forgot to mention you, I had so much fun with everyone though!!!

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
If anyone knows who played on the TV next to the secondary stream setup, please let me know. It was a black tv with a vcr in it. I had a cable plugged into the headphone jack and an ipod speaker that was playing the game sound.
Round 1 pools 3 and 9 were recorded with the setups in that corner, along with Round 2 Pool 5. When the pool sheets come out, you should be able to narrow things down that way. P:M singles was Pool 3, I think, but I'm not sure on that one.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Man I wish I was there. The tournament sound amazing.

The stream was really smooth and high quality too. Even on my school's terrible bandwidth it only skipped one a min or so.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
By far the farthest I've ever driven to a tournament, and it was totally worth it!

Note: I came for Project M, not Melee, so please don't be offended that all of my shoutouts are P:M-related. I'm not hating on Melee, I think it's an amazing game (like the rest of the PMBR does obviously since it's the game we're modeling P:M after), I just don't play it competitively anymore.

Kishes - Thanks for running an amazing tournament, and giving Project M near-main event status. You've really helped legitimize Project M as a tournament-worthy game. And this was the first Project M tourney at a national where I didn't have to do 90% of the work myself, so I appreciate that too :p This was (sadly) my first FC, but I will never forget it.

Strong Bad - Thanks for setting things up with the Kishes. You were a big help this time. Playing each other in one money match per tournament is entirely too little though. We need to play some friendlies next time.

standardtoaster, MonkUnit - Thanks for letting us borrow a TV. Great seeing you guys as always. No more Falcon dittos though...

Yeroc - Always fun hanging out man. Wish you were in our carpool to keep the conversation flowing (because that was a long-*** drive and I needed it haha).

Falco400 - Nice meeting you IRL and good job stepping up your game in our MM. btw ROB beats DK :p

cmart - Our teamwork needs some work sometimes but I think we can go the distance. How many teams took a game from HBox and Kage?

Milkman - Good stuff sleeping 16 hours a day like a boss.

Chillin - Serious respect for being the only top Melee player to make it that far in Project M without chickening out and switching to your Melee main.

Vro - Damn dude, your Ike *****! Keep it up man. You're at the forefront of the metagame among real Project M players. I hope to play you again sometime, and I promise not to choke so hard and give you a better match.

HBox - It was pretty awesome to see you play a different character for once, but I understand why you switched back to Jiggs. I hope someday you take this game more seriously and really show people what Mario can do.

Kage - Even more of a warrior in Project M! I see you enjoy the new side-B haha. You need to learn to DACUS though, Ganon's DACUS *****.

Axe - I'd be terrified of what you could do if you put more effort into this game. Things like QAC and B-reversals open up so many possibities to Pikachu that didn't exist in Melee. Good stuff.

Chad - I'm a little sad you didn't stick with Mario the whole way. I hope to see you take this game more seriously. btw I think I've told you this before but you (still) have the best avatar on Smashboards.

Daz - I seriously want to adopt you. You coming to Apex maybe? If you ever get an inkling to visit the East Coast, you have a place to stay here.

Meta - You squandered pretty hard in our MM haha. Next time we'll have a better set hopefully. Wish I had gotten to play you more.

Rusty - Damn close MM, the closest one I played all tournament. So many Ikes at this tourney though haha.

Yakal - Wish I had gotten to play you after beasting on the rest of BC :p

Apples - Mad cool dude. Hope to hang with you at many more tourneys. You coming to Apex?

Carroll - Host some P:M tourneys in Pittsburgh maybe? If it gets hype enough it would be a pretty good spot for most of the East Coast and some of the Midwest to meet up.

KO Kingpin, Mr. Pickle, and Alex - Good seeing you guys again. It's been entirely too long. Hope to see you at more tourneys.

Fro and Wobbles - Thanks for carrying my *** in commentary! I'm not very good at play-by-play and match analysis, but I'm glad I could at least provide a more accurate look behind the scenes of Project M so you didn't have to go purely off assumptions. And the experience was enjoyable as a whole.

The waitress at Steak n Shake who kept pretending to be out of whatever I ordered, and then actually ran out of something and got embarrassed - Farewell dear maiden!

Hotel staff - Thanks for not charging us $150 because of Chillin's dumb ***!

Everyone else at the tourney - Keep the hype going! See most of you at Apex hopefully.

Edit: Almost forgot, shoutout to Penny (my truck) for 13 mpg on a 600 mile roadtrip!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
@ Chad:

I volunteer to make a top 10 plays video for FC if you guys want me to. Omnigamer/VGBootCamp are probably better at making videos than I am, but I have the time and motivation to do it (especially since Darkrain will be prominently featured =P)

Here are the top 10 plays videos that I made with Reneblade, for SMYM12 and for The Big House, if anyone hasn't seen em and wants to provide input:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3_daIPp1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZaIE8122fk
If you guys give me the go ahead, I'll put in my 100% effort!

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
PseudoTurtle, one of the kindest people that I have ever met. Thank you for making this possible for me. No monetary value can ever be repaid to express how grateful I am. Thank you for existing, thank you for everything. Please tell your father that our talks together were genuinely my favourite part of the trip for me.

Blake, most of the above can be said for you as well. I've not felt so welcome in quite a while until this trip. I loved Champaign and wouldn't be surprised if I decided to try and attend school there. It was such a great time.

Kishes, thank you for hosting this.

Kage, thanks for making me happy by performing well with our character.

Juan, one of my closest friends. You'll win it all soon enough.

Chris, we can do better. **** fox. It's all about double Ganondorf. I hope we'll team up again because you're the closest thing I've got to a static teammate, as sad as that may be.

Mango, it was fun housing with you and playing around the world/melee all night. Thanks for making me feel good about myself.

Everyone, thanks for coming.

Oh and TGD, I deserve a rematch.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

Shoutouts:

Mango

Babysitting Mango:

Also day 3 with Mango:

Doubles bracket:

Wobbles:

VTS:

JakeXIII:

Mafia:

Stream haters:

Mojo:

FC Staff:

Bracket matches actually starting at 9:30

Not playing project M since it came out:

Hbox:

Admiral and that one guy:

Strongbad:

Cunning:

Trail:

Playing against Nite:

Sveet:

My set with darkrain:

Me texting prog/alan:

Green Ranger/Pikachad/Vudujin:

Shroomed:

Spife:

SFAT:

Everyone I hit with a stitchface/forget with these shoutouts:

VaNz:

MattdotATM:

Obsoleek:

Kage:

Meta:

Hax:

Chillin:

Axe:

Vidjo:

Me from now until The Big House:

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Current Video Status (on my end at least):

64 Singles & Teams + Bonus: Done, not uploaded.
P:M Final Pool: Queued for encoding
SSBM Singles Final Pool: Encoding
SSBM Singles Bracket: Awaiting splitting
P:M Singles Bracket: Awaiting splitting
P:M Singles Pool 5: Awaiting splitting; need identification
SSBM R1 & R2 Pools: Awaiting splitting; need identification
SSBM Teams: Awaiting splitting; need identification
Crews: Awaiting splitting

So still a lot of work to be done, but I'll be working on all of it throughout tonight and tomorrow. I'll put 64 stuff up tonight and SSBM Final Pool will come tomorrow. ALSO: If I spell your name wrong or mislabel a match, let me know ASAP.

As you can see, some of the stuff still needs to have the players identified. I will eventually open up a thread for everybody that recorded videos to post samples of matches that still need to be identified, and hopefully the players/crew members can pick out who played what.

Kujo~

Smash Rookie
Kishes, thank you for organizing a tournament that turned into the first actual large tournament I ever went to, in which I started out tired and irritated, twelve hours after the tournament actually started, and still had an amazing time. It was wonderful and people should be throwing money and medals at you for some reason or another.

Shoutouts to: everyone in pool 3 for a smooth pool, even though I swear you all had to go to the bathroom to **** every five minutes
Axe: For offering to play friendlies with someone who's new to the community and competitive smash
Spife and Slarti: 4-PLAYER BOWSER JAPES IN TOURNEY
Darkrain: For being Darkrain
JCaeser and Cmart: For some fantastic Project M
Sveet: For teaching me how to actually play IC's and not suck as much...eventually.

Oh. And Vanilla Bryce for putting up with me in a hotel room.

ycz12

Smash Ace
Shouts out.

Ship of Fools: Amazing tournament. Glad I got a chance to experience an FC in person.

MattDotZeb and Spife: :'( Enjoy Chicago!

Mafia: rude

JCaesar and cmart: :'( Keep up the good work.

onionchowder: Good stuff in teams! Especially Project M, we wrecked that stuff.

UChicago crew: Sweet hanging out with you all. Maybe one day we'll see MIT vs. UC for real? :)

JesusFreak and Ignatius: Good games in our pool! Cool to see the midwest old guard still out and playing. Sorry about the whole tiebreak thing.

The rest of my R1 pool: Good games all. Crazy how high the skill level is nowadays.

My R2 pool: Why so good :(

Vanilla Bryce: gamefaqs meme

Omnigamer: Kirby Cheat?

SuperDoodleMan: I didn't get to meet you :( :(

Juggleguy and Duck: You guys are too good. Hope to see you again.

Top Bottom