• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedeth

Smash Master
I've been experimenting with QCDI a bit. I can do it but I have to think about it. It's not a natural reflex for me yet. Some people have seen my crazy DI moments.

tibs7

Smash Champion
afro my good friend things are going swell, hows school? haha stupid question
yuor DI is ok
now teds DI, that is some scary shiz,

Splice

Smash Hero
Afros DI is ok?! lol
I have so much more trouble killing him than anyone else, survives everything.

Although Ted is probably better than Afro, I never really actually land any smash moves on him so I never get to see him survive.

QCDI scares me. I'm still learning normal DI and trying to comprehend SDI.

Bucket Breaking is better anyway lol :D

Afropony

Smash Lord
Bucket Breaking is momentum cancelling, you should still be able to DI into the corner of the stage if you have decent DI.

I'll admit Tibs your DI is quite good.
Exams just finished so school is great now :D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I need to learn how to DI properly. All i do is panic and spam random aerials, xD if I do DI its by complete accident rofl.

Man is there a way to log onto msn without being forced to update it? =/ I hate the new one -___-

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
they do leish, they are called aerials.

I wish my sideways DI was as good as my upwards DI... I can live from vertical attacks for ages.

tedeth

Smash Master
Bucket breaking isn't DI...

DI is directional influence. It influences... your direction.

Momentum cancelling is the act of using an aerial to regain control of your character, which in turn, allows you to move back against the direction in which you have been hit.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
a cookie, yum, tasty, so good!

just to help people out here, I thought I'd take a moment of my time to explain a few things that probably have no need to be explained.

DI, Directional influence, holding a direction to influence the trajectory of your flight path during knock back.

Momentum cancel, what ted said "Momentum cancelling is the act of using an aerial to regain control of your character, which in turn, allows you to move back against the direction in which you have been hit."

SDI, smash Directional Influence, at the very start of your hitstun/knockback you have a small window in which any direction imputted makes you "teleport" a very short distance, when you rapidly smash/spam this you can get out of certain multihit moves like snakes Nair for instance.

well, it all goes something like that anyway

Splice

Smash Hero
@Dekar : Agreeing with Afropony, in your doubles set at rocky you were beating Team Elysium on Frigate Orpheon but because you didnt bucket break it allowed you to die too early too frequently. Don't even bother with DI bucket breaking is far more important

If you DI properly and THEN bucket break you'll live even longer.
at the... at the same time?
Tedeth... that's .... MADNESS!!!!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
do they DI differently?
the japanese di like us, just perfectly. like, ending up in the top corner from an utilt perfect. i certainly dont do that, and im pretty sure ive never seen it done.

and btw, the fact that luke is explaining di to some of melbournes finest is really quite concerning... hope you guys keep up the training while i was away!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oi, whats that supposed to mean punk? show some respect!

I was momentum cancelling before any of you, yeah thats right, at the very first brawl tourney ever held in aus me and rein had "discovered" (obvisouly we werent the first to find this) that the computer airdodged after being hit away and lived longer, so we did the same and people were amazed at how much longer we were surviving.

tldr; respect your eldars, for I am old skool DI, and I'm getting too old for this ****.

man I am old... think I'm gonna die soon...

anyways, I'll be coming to this, I've been lazy but I'll book my flights and **** today...
jei I love ya (and congratz by the way) but please for the love of god, seed the bracket, even if your running out of time it really only takes about 5 minutes.

oh and shaya, having spent most of the yesterday versing a proper d3, i now know the mu to a tee, so might want to think about sticking to marth. oh wait, that doesnt work either...
really? shaya stays marth against me because I beat his d3 when he counterpicks it, and as we all know you are better then me so imo you should have no problem beating it. beating it long, and hard.

Silfa

Smash Ace
at the... at the same time?
Tedeth... that's .... MADNESS!!!!
DI and then braking is very good. DI will give you more opportunities to brake anyway. Sometimes you get hit too far too quickly and reach the blast zone before you can do anything, but with DI you increase the distance and time you take to reach the blast zone (by aiming for the corner) and gives you a greater chance of getting a brake.

You should use it. :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
really? shaya stays marth against me because I beat his d3 when he counterpicks it, and as we all know you are better then me so imo you should have no problem beating it. beating it long, and hard.
You haven't beaten my D3 in singles on my counterpick, ever.

Halberd, once, yes (Your CP)
Boost II swiss second match after I won the first, yes. (:))

Can't think of much else.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so defensive shaya, are you sure your ego is big enough? maybe just add a little more to it?

anyways if you read my post properly it would become clear I was talking about you counterpicking d3, levels had nothing to do with it.

edit- ok condoggle I booked my flights, I get in at 19:55, so about an hour after ted, a little late I know but thats happens when I get lazy and leave things to the last minute, sorry.

and I leave monday at 14:30

I seem to be getting worse and worse and this game, Attila I need some pro beaten back into me.

Attila_

BRoomer
but i beat your d3 on cp stages shaya :D

ill teach luke the ways and then he'll be back, dont worry. although i now believe the matchup is closer to 70:30, if youre doing what youre supposed to be doing. the **** are completely right on this one.

but pit being top tier? lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Attila sure did.

I do hate the Snake v D3 match up though.
I really only like using D3 against the lighter chars so I can tech chase all day long though :D

And lighter characters dont kill d3...
ever.

Lololololol

Attila_

BRoomer
oh! btw cao, japan think snake and peach go even. i lolled pretty hard when i heard that. that being said, i kinda almost lost 2 stocks against one of them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom