• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

earla

Smash Lord
perhaps only 1 or 2 from pools going through mite speed things up so we can get crews done.

also, seeding the sydney lads in pools might be a good idea.

@vermy, attila: bring tunes plz, japanese hip hop, girls weeeee.
hope the karaoke over there went oofff

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
shotgun playing everyone from NSW in the first 3-4 rounds of the bracket in a row!

then play atilla, whilst tibs was on the other side of the bracket with his hardest match being atlas or something.

tibs7

Smash Champion
haha funny you say that shaya....
my bracket last time the boys form sydney were down was actually really hard..
luke - ted - connor/delirium (wtf) - splice - afro - someone else......

tibs7

Smash Champion
shaya you would cry if you versed me/ted in the first match of a tourny......pfft easy, just makes me wanna beat you even moar! ehehe =)

ps. get ***** by ted

D0N

Smash Ace
Ted you should def. play more wario against me.

Splice I owe you a set anyway lol, MM or no MM I intended on playing you anyway.

I'd gladly take Shaya first round.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Ill Do money matches if krispy kremes are involved =)

I also like tibs idea. Would anyone be willing to drive down to a nandos and grab take away for everyone? I can go in and order everything, i just need a lift =(.

Ill be very greatful to anyone that can do that for me =)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@earl: the best mk that i met was called 'L', although i dont think he has any videos up (nothing that i could find, anyway). and he'd lose to m2k anyway, so you might as well study him a little closer.

in other news, i arrive in melbourne in a few days! hype hype hype

Attila_

BRoomer
the time difference is only 2 hours, so i wont be jetlagged, but a 14 hour flight (i cant sleep on planes either) will probs make me rather tired. i could take you all on anyway lolol

Splice

Smash Hero
Leisha can I MM your ROB with my Jiggs?
I want to test the Jiggs out seriously with someone who should be close to my Jiggs skill level.

Splice

Smash Hero
$2-$5? How much are Krispy Kremes?
Hey Dekar, I'll MM you? Are you coming? If you are teaming with Jei, I'll teach you to bucket break (seriously) and you and Jei will actually take out top 3. Not even kidding.

D0N

Smash Ace
I MM'd Attila purely for the challenge/hype so he better put up a fight :). I just do that sometimes.

Everyone else is so I can have vids that are not "just a friendly" and I can watch what I do wrong.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Predictions: Atilla sandbags the money match then ***** in the tourney with mindblowing japanese ATs and mindgames.

Anf then looses to tibs like always ;D

Attila_

BRoomer
I MM'd Attila purely for the challenge/hype so he better put up a fight :). I just do that sometimes.

Everyone else is so I can have vids that are not "just a friendly" and I can watch what I do wrong.
in standard friendlies, i refuse to camp, cause i consider it boring. but in tournies and MMs, i always play properly. lucky thing you :)

Toby.

Smash Master
Guys, guys. I swear it's fun when you're playing like that. :p

In fact, I'm sure given the correct commentary without someone screaming "THIS IS GAY" every 30 seconds it's enjoyable to watch. Commentary effect people impressions alot.

Like in reality it's perfectly concievable to have 3 matches that all go for 5-6 min if both players are reasonably even. All those matches were like 6-7 min. I just feels alot longer when you're hearing commentary talking about how **** it is.

Anyway. Might start playign mroe Wario against more people.
Sorry, but it wasn't boring because we randomly decided that we'd pretend that it was. We had a pretty good reason for saying what we said.

If I had my time again I wouldn't have said such mean things, but they were still truthful.

Edit: but yes if we had amazingly entertaining and relevent commentary it would be enjoyable to watch. Same goes for anything.

Attila_

BRoomer
ill admit it, i found those matches horribly boring. the only character i hate versing more than mk is wario. to be good with him you have to be gay. that simple.

tedeth

Smash Master
I've written like 10 things in response to the last couple of posts and deleted them all because they don't really cover what I want to say or they may be taken the wrong way.

Basic idea: "Meh."

EDIT: Maybe I should just play captain falcon. I mean, I'll lose horribly but I won't have Vermy yelling "This is so gay!" every few minutes.

Attila_

BRoomer
its nothing against you ted, youre just using youre character like youre supposed to. i couldnt give a shiet when people say ics chaingrabs are gay, cause im just using my character like im supposed to. that and both they and wario arent even close to being as good or as gay as mk is.

Toby.

Smash Master
The important thing to note is most people understand that its just a necessity that comes with playing certain characters.

I can find something boring to watch and still appreciate the skill that it takes.

That's why I'm unhappy with how I handled the commentary. I was complaining about something that you had to do - it was a useless complaint that couldn't possibly change anything. And shouldn't.

Next time I'll try and look at it from a better angle.

But it's still boring :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom