• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_X_

Smash Lord
Is the stage list gonna change or is that it? And are all those on for both singles and doubles?

And is there stage striking or do we just go random?
Those are the stages, if they change, everyone will be informed.

They're the same for both singles and doubles.

Each team/player strikes a stage for the Random Neutrals and while the other team has the stage pick.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Tekken? =D
I've been getting into it heaps lately at work. Bob is srsly broken.

God this has hype.I freakin' love it.

earla

Smash Lord
hype, perhaps rocky stage list is due. or atleast get rid of green greens

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
i liked rocky stage list, wouldn't consider it for this stigma though, maybe next year.
and banning green greens just gives me one less counterpicking option against you earl, where's the fun in that?

earla

Smash Lord
.. j, x fox ditto on that.

+ camping.

recently hearing about people timing people out, need the stage list to be legit

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
to be honest when i first joined this scene i had no idea why green greens was legal, camping potential is ridiculous and it's my first choice for stage bans against nearly everyone.

Vermy

Smash Champion
And why I use Falco.
Squirtle drops from an A/b tier character all the way to a D/E character after 2 mins. So we in turn, drop to an F tier character. Its frickin stoopid.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hey that's a mad tactic
camp against PT until their pokemen fatigue or whatever
genius!

Toby.

Smash Master
isnt this why you also use mk?
Considering the fact that I've only used MK in one tournament, in one bracket match, I think im still allowed to complain.

Doing so well in every other tournament up until the last one certainly wasn't because of metaknight. I picked him up like 3 weeks ago lol.

Edit: im just assuming you mentioned MK to poke fun at me. For all i know it was a legit question :p So in response:

Yes its precisely the reason I picked up MK. Fatigue is the absolute worst handicap ever. Ever.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah PT vs Wario is pretty gay. As PT gets closer to fatigue, Wario gets closer to waft. lol. Poor PT.

But come on PT vs Wolf isn't that bad really. Squirtle goes at least even... without fatigue... but then you get ivy... and then zard... oh dear...

It's still no PT vs Marth.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Iono,

PT v Marth is funny,

just
avoid rock smash
avoid ftilt
avoid ... nothing

grab...
win.

But other than getting lol cheap kills, Wolf is a lot easier to beat squirtle and zard with.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah toby is was only for da lulz <3
and squirtle vs diddy is pretty even i think.. but yeah the rest are kinda badttt...
e

Toby.

Smash Master
In short:

squirtle and wolf is close to even WITHOUT fatigue. WITH FATIGUE its definitely wolfs advantage, because his natural advantages of better aerial maneuverability, priority, kill power, zoning and range become even more pronounced. Ivysaur is ****ed. Zard is ****ed.

So when I have one disadvantage and two bad disadvantages, I dont really see how I could view it as an ok matchup. Squirtle is the only one who doesn't get *****, and focussing on squirtle guarantees fatigue...which means that im screwed. Im forced to use the others for a fairly long period of time to ensure that squirtle gets refreshed, which is basically the same as giving you a free stock. Sometimes two. Cool.

But this is where metaknight comes in :p :p

In other news, I have a box of mangos! YESSSSS

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I hate you Luke.

Also on the TV topic, i don't see a problem with bringing a tv for an Xbox or whatever, and playing it during doubles/singles brackets, but for pools we're going to need all the tvs we can.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
If people want nandos tomorrow come to me at somepoint. Ill get a menu tomorrow when im in the city.

I'll probably call out for it around 2 o'clock and write a list down

And i can also bring my tv

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
I love green greens. It's one of those stages where the matches either go for 2 minutes or 8. You can't say that you can't have fun on that stage, especially with the spontaneous deaths and such. Great stage.

I'll also be bringing a wii and maybe a PS2 with Melty (if there's enough interest). But I doubt it due to the schedule =(

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Xbox granted, just not during pools like Condog said, we really do need as many TV's as possible. Also like X said, anyone not playing a match they should be playing because of this Xbox or any friendlies will be DQ'd. No warnings, we've been doing this for a long time you all should know when your matches are etc.

I'm just trying to drive this point home.

As for Nando's, someone is going to have to go during Doubles as our half-hour lunch break is actually before pools (obviously chose that time for a break so X and I can sort out the seeding while people eat or whatever).
Leisha 2pm is an ideal time to start taking orders down, someone who has been eliminated from the Doubles bracket can go pick it up (obviously about 4-5 people should go, no doubt there will be plenty of orders) and we should all have our food by the time Singles registrations start.

One thing, as the brackets progress, more and more TV's will be free to play friendlies on. Anyone who has been knocked out of the bracket already can feel free to play friendlies, MM or play Xbox/Melee but we will need the larger TVs for more important tournament matches. I'll assume the recording equipment will be set up on the largest TVs, those are the ones I'm talking about.

Oh yeah and the commentating will rotate. I want to commentate a few matches, I didn't get a chance to at Rocky. I would prefer to commentate finals with Dekar, X, Cao or someone but I'm not going to hog the mic. Atlas seriously I need you to stay away from the microphone during finals. I don't mind you commentating during a few tournament matches though.
And a neutral person to commentate crews plox.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Alright then Jei, ill make sure to start then, and leave asap ocne orders are done. Ill need a couple of volunteers to come along and help carry the food and someone who could possibly drive down. i'll be highly appreciated =)

Also jei I can bring 2 tvs along.

tibs7

Smash Champion
id love to commentate anything aslong as its not an mk or wario ditto =-)
wtf.. delirium please explain. who are you? what you are doing here? etc etc

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sorry jei can't commentate finals coz i'll be in them =/
<3

edit: hang on... that sounds like a challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom