• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I really wished I anticipated so many OOSers, I would of booked the venue for 2 days or organized something more epic or something...
Top 8 or whatever on ranbats will still get automatic entry into the bracket, I'm seeding the NSW gaiz into seperate pools (not like they did for Melbourne at BOOST lawl) and also the next 8 or so in ranbats (depending on how many pools we have) will also be seeded into those pools seperately.

Looking at the way things are going, most likely top 2 from each pool will make it through. I'm hoping for 8 pools so we get a 24 man bracket, alot of time will be spent seeding and structuring the pools so there shouldn't be any johns (stupid ghey bracket at rocky, I came 1st in my pools and was seeded as a 2nd placer) and that also means we need absolutely no delaying matches.
I swear to God I will be DQing anyone who I believe is even slightly delaying a match. I will be happy while I do it too because that's one less person to make the day go slower.

Oh and this is very important of course, I haven't posted this yet because this little girl of mine demands so much attention, TV's and equipment.
I can always rely on Conor to bring cables and such as well as bringing 4 power boards and 2 extension cables of my own. I'm bringing 2 TV's, I need like everyone to bring a TV and their wii's. Wii's are very welcome, if you can bring a TV please do so because I want 10 or more but if you can't bring a TV please feel pressured into bring your wii at least.

Jei - 2 TV's
Conor - cables + wii
Leisha - TV + wii I assume?
Vermy + Ugz - 3 TV's still good to go? 2 wii's
Bendigo? You guys always seem to provide so much even though you live like 2 hours away. Thank you for that but I'm requesting your services one more time.
IceK + X - 1 TV, 1 wii.

Assuming that the regular people bring their stuff, that makes it 8-9 TV's amd 5-6 wii's I think. Very rough adding up I don't know how many people will actually bring.

Anyone else?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ffs Ted, I already apologised, stated that I meant no disrespect and recognised how much skill it does take to be successfully evasive.

Most people wouldn't get an apology out of me, be happy you got that and quit yer yammering. You're a much better player than me, and you have the power ranking status to prove it. Why should my opinion matter?

DMG says thanks for being called a gay player, take the compliment.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if anyone has a flatscreen of hdtv that they can bring, but normally wouldnt due to lag, bring it anyways and I'll bring my componant cables.

I see what you did up there jei, dont make me say it ;)

anyways this will be ****, nando's will be ****, **** will be ****, and splice will go off and (you guessed it) ****.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
That's it I'm gonna plank the **** pit of this tourny

and Jei you may wanna check with Icek to make sure he's driving in and can bring a tv as I'll be going straight from the airport to a 21st Saturday night then straight from there to the convent Sunday, **** knows what jesse's doing

Splice

Smash Hero
I see what you did up there jei, dont make me say it ;)
Good Call :laugh:

splice will go off and (you guessed it) ****.
Also a good call! :p

Also with this whole Tedeth being Unaustralian with the way he plays brawl thing we are discussing right now, I quite enjoyed the 1 match from the finals I watched and IMO sometimes he didn't camp enough. I probably wouldnt have recognized as being that bad if it wasn't for people pointing it out, because it seems pretty good to me. Complaining about the way Ted plays Brawl is like complaining about someone holding A to drive in Mario Kart ; The way Ted plays is the best way to brawl and it wins.

Ted I'd like to play you whilst you play like this, I asked before. I think it will be fun ^_^
I won't put any money on the line though I'm sorry....

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nobody said anything about ted being unaustralia, what a slap in the face, you guys are taking this too far, espcially the toby kid.

GROW UP TOBY! (quick, what movie is that from!?)

Vermy

Smash Champion
If anything remotely close to that was said, I think it was that he plays Wario like Americans do. I.E. Properly.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yes we'll get someone to drive leish to do orders for ze nando's
and should be taking a TV (probs 2) and a wii....oh and attila =)

meh, teds not australian, hes clearly a frenchy imo

_X_

Smash Lord
That's it I'm gonna plank the **** pit of this tourny

and Jei you may wanna check with Icek to make sure he's driving in and can bring a tv as I'll be going straight from the airport to a 21st Saturday night then straight from there to the convent Sunday, **** knows what jesse's doing
Well I'm heading back down from Sydney Sunday morning so IceK's picking me up and we're bailing to the convent asap.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Meh. I have the worst impulse control in the world.

I might come to this.

Edit: Eh, ok, no. The plane costs are ridiculous no matter who I fly with on the way back. Oh wellz. >_>

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I love the bus from canberra to sydney, I can sleep the whole way, but then again it only takes around 3 hours, I'd imagine a bus from adelaide to melbourne would take alot longer.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll MM on rainbow.

Lol money.

its dededededededooo time.

Also, everyone who got 1st seed at rocky pools was seeded first in bracket,
initial stuff [bracket] was thrown out to decomplicate things. (Well I thought we did)

Also when I was like, VERMY, YOU SURE YOU DONT WANNA BE IN ANOTHER POOL?
"No man, I beat ugly all the time, i want zah victories"
`-`

Victoria and their victory-complex.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
About this driving to Nandos thing...isn't that exactly the sort of thing that could possibly hold up the tourney that Jei wants to avoid >_>

I think its hilariously entertaining how Ted plays. xD

Jei: I can bring my tv again, as ell as copious amounts of cables.

Luke: Bring the HD cables for my my please lollll

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sure I'll bring the HD cables for my my please, if I can figure out what a "my my please" is ;)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Not really conor since only 2 people would be going, and i'd make sure to ask everyone what they want before the lunch break and write it down.

Isn't too difficult

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well I'm automatically in the DE bracket along with Tibs/A' and the other top 8, we could get Nandos for everyone whilst they play their pool matches.

Pro much?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah thats a good idea Cao, i forgot about that. =) That would be great =D

I'll get a menu card tomorrow at nandos and bring it along to n2c. So if people want nandos, come to me on the tourney day and give an order which i shall write down. You also must give me the money at that point too as its obviously needed for the purchase xD Try to have the right amount of money too to avoid having to return change which could make things get complicated.

tibs7

Smash Champion
wow i should quote myself
"wow, what would we do without caos"
2g and 2pro.

this is actually gonna be a **** tourny.
ps. i had a dream where i beat shaya and then luke slapped him lol.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
lawl thats a pretty random dream tibs o_o. But then again I've had some weird dreams aswell xD

Now I'm actually picturing Luke backhanding shaya in the face now XD lmao

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i had a dream that shaya 3 stocked tibs on brinstar again and tibs raged and threw the control and it ricocheted off shaya and killed atlas...

tibs, please rage at this tourny...

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
i had a dream that shaya 3 stocked tibs on brinstar again and tibs raged and threw the control and it ricocheted off shaya and killed atlas...

tibs, please rage at this tourny...
LAWL. Just at the part where atlas is randomly killed by a GC control xDD

I never got to see tibs rage, i think that was the tourney when i had swine flu

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Seeing Tibs rage is like seeing Caos rage... it's just some myth...

The Brawl VPR is also being discussed at this tournament. How exciting

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Is it possible to bring a TV setup for games other than Smash, or is that a no-go policy? I have my LCD I could bring, - it's lag for the Wii but lagless on other systems.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No I don't have a Cube with anything. 360 was the intention with a HDMI cable. Cubes lag just as badly on the Wii on LCD.

So tell me if I can bring it or not, to the benefit of those who will stand around all day with nothing to do.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if you bring a cube I'll bring tekken 6 for peeps to play

also I'm liking these dreams, backhanding shaya would be fun but last tourney I put him in a headlock and he freaked out.

maybe tibs can kick a soccer ball that ricochets off shaya into atlas?

stigma final! let your rage and hate boil forth!

tibs7

Smash Champion
caos ofcourse you can! yeah bring 360 with MW2 and ill bring a control. hangon is mw2 2player? i dont even know.
either way just bring it, there will lots of TV's by the looks of it.

and yes to lukes thing, ill bring a soccer ball to kick at shaya

D0N

Smash Ace
Is the stage list gonna change or is that it? And are all those on for both singles and doubles?

And is there stage striking or do we just go random?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom