• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its the truth, Im legitimately curious as to how such as strong backing for M2>zelda in a MU yet it hasnt been changed. The opposition was mainly a few trolls, although they did believe in their cause(I think).

The discussion has been over for probably 3-4 weeks, if you read the thread-this one and they actual m2 vs zelda you would see.

You see it as **** riding, probably because you cant see your **** and are unclear as to what dickriding is.

You arent doing anything, while im technically making a push to finish the chart-no matter how small it is. M2 vs yoshi, and m2 vs zelda are the last MUs left for that character. Id just like to get them done.

Plz stop doing whatever it is that you are doin.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Zelda is a better character and wins the match up.
/discussion
Quoted for truthfulness

Its the truth, Im legitimately curious as to how such as strong backing for M2>zelda in a MU yet it hasnt been changed. The opposition was mainly a few trolls, although they did believe in their cause(I think).

The discussion has been over for probably 3-4 weeks, if you read the thread-this one and they actual m2 vs zelda you would see.

You see it as **** riding, probably because you cant see your **** and are unclear as to what dickriding is.

You arent doing anything, while im technically making a push to finish the chart-no matter how small it is. M2 vs yoshi, and m2 vs zelda are the last MUs left for that character. Id just like to get them done.

While you're quoted for truthiness
Yes, it's a word.

rhan

Smash Hero

Reason it hasn't changed: It's truth.

I see you ridin dirty like a gay rodeo show.

Lol I'm not doing anything? You're sadly mistaken if you haven't seen my valid arguments. You've just been meatridin a main that you shouldn't put time into. Zelda beats Mewtwo. You just need to get out of fairytale land where you think Mewtwo is a good character. You need to realise that he's not good.

john!

Smash Hero
kaos, you need to start going to tourneys and proving that mewtwo is good yourself. just talking about it on the boards is hardly going to convince anybody. you're like the ICG of mewtwo, except not as funny.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
kaos, you need to start going to tourneys and proving that mewtwo is good yourself. just talking about it on the boards is hardly going to convince anybody. you're like the ICG of mewtwo, except not as funny.
We know Mewtwo isn't good. Him doing well with him would just mean the player was very good. I'll change my opinion on a matchup if he provides a cogent argument as to how Mewtwo performs in it. Unfortunately, he doesn't do that either.

Laijin

Smash Hero
whoa whoa whoa..
dude..
Pichu is so good.
Just look at his matches. He CLEARLY has a huge disadvantage on nearly all of his match ups

Merkuri

Smash Lord
We know Mewtwo isn't good. Him doing well with him would just mean the player was very good. I'll change my opinion on a matchup if he provides a cogent argument as to how Mewtwo performs in it. Unfortunately, he doesn't do that either.
I really hate this logic. Whenever a lower tier pro beats a top tier pro(none of this is directed at anyone) idiots say the lower tier pro just played better and it has nothing to do with the character. That bull**** ideology only holds true if the lower tier pro wins by playing the generalities of the game better: Meaning better spacing, better decisions, better timing, etc. If the lower tier main wins by comboing/gimping/implenting the tools available to that character and only that character to **** up his opponent, then it's obvious that the character had a lot to do with the outcome of the match.

I just felt this need to be said.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Yeah but low tier pros don't beat top tier pros.

Also, "my cousin's friend's bro plays Pichu and dominates with him!!" is not a pro.
O_o

So I just imagined Axe being Jman/DrPP, Ka-master beating Swiftbass, Cosmo just beating MacD, etc?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Merkuri, the factor you're not considering is matchup experience. The low tier pro is almost invariably way more familiar with the matchup than the top tier pro, and if you don't know how to exploit your opponent's characters' weaknesses you might as well not have a character advantage.

That being said, low tiers are more viable than a lot of people think, at least in the sense that they can make it out of pools/do decently in the bracket. I agree with that.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
low tier pros do beat top tier pros, and have been doing it since the dawn of time.

a lot of it plays into the top tier pro not knowing the matchup, but that's no one's fault but their own.

but low tiers are bad so meh
also, i just wanna say, Taj's Mewtwo cant lose to spaceanimals on FD. its literally impossible.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Taj's mewtwo can lose to a space animal if they are good at camping ESPECIALLY on a stage as big as as FD. Mewtwo is too slow to do anything about camping. Thats why its an auto loss for mewtwo against YL on most stages

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i thought we firmly established that matchup exp should not factor into this chart

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
****ing boards keep crashing. sorry about 5 posts lol

Taj's mewtwo can lose to a space animal if they are good at camping ESPECIALLY on a stage as big as as FD. Mewtwo is too slow to do anything about camping. Thats why its an auto loss for mewtwo against YL on most stages
fd gives m2 a better shot vs space animals.

but its not foxes camping thats a problem. fox has up smash drill to grab up throw up air. m2 barely lives to 90.

you are basing the MU off false information.

you are also wrong if you think YL's camping and fox's serve the same purpose. fox has an approach, the lasers don't aid that. it forces the opponent to come to you while giving free damage.

yl wouldn't force m2 @to approach nearly as much as its used to create openings. same way m2 camps but yl has more angles options and tools so he is better at it.

not an auto loss. yl> m2. you can lessen the effect of camping but never eliminate it.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Take "The Mewtwo Challenge" then get back to me kthnxbii.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't understand "playing the match-up correctly". Is there only one correct way to play every match-up?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I would say no for most MUs sveet.

but sometime characters are so limited to where they have 1-2 options. Their ability to win that MU is directly proportional to how well they can utilize those options.

Some of the low tier MUs are pretty straight forward and even style difference only result in mind games or changes in timing to keep ppl off guard while still utilizing the same 1-2 options.

In MUs that are incredibly limited you can generalize pretty accurately and use specifics. There isnt much variety.

@Blistering Speed-what would you want me to say. Nobody has given a legitimate argument for Yl and I have never even said that m2 wins the MU. Its M2<YL soooo what exactly do I need to say to present a cogent counter argument to:

YL>>> M2, auto win, YL Raaaapes M2, M2 cant deal with FOX camping so YL ***** him, YL does well against other floaties like peach and puff who rate much higher on the tier list while still lacking nearly as much grounded horizontal movement like m2 does.

If somebody has an opposing opinion to M2<YL and a valid argument I would be happy to give MU details and specifics.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's just pretty much using the right tools at the right time.. this is what it means to play a matchup correctly I think.

Edit: But obviously one tool can be used for different situations.. you just have to recognize it in time and then counter-attack.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I would say no for most MUs sveet.

but sometime characters are so limited to where they have 1-2 options. Their ability to win that MU is directly proportional to how well they can utilize those options.

Some of the low tier MUs are pretty straight forward and even style difference only result in mind games or changes in timing to keep ppl off guard while still utilizing the same 1-2 options.
Just like all mewtwo's MUs...
Maybe this statement alone proves you even think Zelda beats Mewtwo, since she has more as well as better options. The only hard thing about it the match-up is that Zelda is slow.

not an auto loss. yl> m2. you can lessen the effect of camping but never eliminate it.
YL>>> M2, auto win, YL Raaaapes M2, M2 cant deal with FOX camping so YL ***** him, YL does well against other floaties like peach and puff who rate much higher on the tier list while still lacking nearly as much grounded horizontal movement like m2 does.

If somebody has an opposing opinion to M2<YL and a valid argument I would be happy to give MU details and specifics.
consistent much?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hello everyone, I know most of most likely don't care on this MU, i'm about to ask on, but can someone give me details about the Yoshi/Mario(s) Matchups please... I've come to a hypothesis on Yoshi's side in this Mu being a Yoshi player, but I wanted some insight on anyone that holds any knowledge about the Mario(s) Much thanks appreciated ^^

Purpose: I'm unsure if the MU chart has changed or not but last time I noticed it was the Mario(s) >> Yoshi, I'm proposing that it's only Mario > Yoshi... if this already has been changed than awesome ^^ but if it's still >> I guess i'm attempting to defense for Yoshi...

Again thanks everyone <33

Merkuri

Smash Lord
lol **** you guys.

do either of you even disagree with yl> m2?

there weren't any inconsistencies in my post.
You first you said YL> M2

And then a page or 2 later you said YL>>>M2.

What isn't inconsistent about that?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
He never said YL>>>M2

he was ranting about how people throw out stupid, nonsensical opinions that he cant logically refute because there is no content to the post. i.e, the post only says "YL>>>M2 m2 sucks"

read his post again, he's been saying yl>m2 forever

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
so its clear which smashers look for "key words"instead of actually reading posts lol.

ive said yl> m2 and m2 <yl since the beginning.

fyi they are equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom