• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I might sig this. You say this often and I find it pretty funny.
Out of curiosity have you played the MU b4? I know I havent. The truth is, its probably true to some degree.

Ppl often have generalizations about characters and take that into battle as a "valid" opinion. Its actually just hella annoying when ppl say **** about matchups they've never even played, or dont know **** about either character except what they see on youtube.

Most of the time, if its not your main-you are watching the match for fun/hype. Rarely do ppl say "****! This is my opportunity to study the DK vs Ganon MU."

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I played the matchup countless of times with PKM, it's not total **** against DK but Ganon definitely have a clear advantage over DK. I don't want to explain it though. It's clear enough for me.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ya I played the matchup countless of times with PKM, it's not total **** against DK but Ganon definitely have a clear advantage over DK. I don't want to explain it though. It's clear enough for me.
I believe you and all, but it does come off a little shady when you often say X>Y but I dont want to explain it.

You are simply requiring everyone to take your word for it without providing any reason. Of course reason is only necessary when there is opposition or its requested imo. But still.

my ***** Kage, you are like the opposite of Dogysamich. He provides long *** reasonings for everything. lol, Docs taunt is better than marios because [green wall of text]

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I believe you and all, but it does come off a little shady when you often say X>Y but I dont want to explain it.

You are simply requiring everyone to take your word for it without providing any reason. Of course reason is only necessary when there is opposition or its requested imo. But still.

my ***** Kage, you are like the opposite of Dogysamich. He provides long *** reasonings for everything. lol, Docs taunt is better than marios because [green wall of text]
I don't want to explain it because the truth is right there in front of me.. if anyone else cannot see it then I don't want to bother with it all that much. Like for example, why is Ganon all of a sudden in a higher tier now? I think it's because there are plenty of things that most players do not understand about Ganon. I would say something like his range and spacing ability is probably the best but he is kinda slow and fat as well.. so to minimize that you have to move around a lot and use the platforms to elude and mind**** the opponent.

I know for sure Dk cannot approach Ganon since Ganon out-prioritizes him in everyway. It's kinda like Falcon a bit, certain moves beats certain moves, but in that matchup it's so predictable that I don't even need to think about counter attacking DK all that much.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
kage, it's your duty as a true warrior to enrich the minds of the ignorant.

john!

Smash Hero
well i just find it funny that people who don't play either character are arguing with kage, who has a significant amount of experience. some people just need to learn their place.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
well i just find it funny that people who don't play either character are arguing with kage, who has a significant amount of experience. some people just need to learn their place.
I do agree, but it wouldnt be wise to take everything at face value. Some explanation is necessary 4 sure.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I don't want to explain it because the truth is right there in front of me.. if anyone else cannot see it then I don't want to bother with it all that much.
I'm sorry, but thats flat out rude. Seriously; props to your Ganon for beating MaNg0 and all you've ever done/proven in tournament.

I keep losing more and more respect for top level players with each passing day.

I think there are only so many players that I can talk smash with anymore. (sigh)

The US has a few people that i think are great.

Canada has that kirbykaze guy, raynex, ib, and unknown (<3 Canada!)

Has anyone ever exchanged words with Armada? Nice kid. Europe is extremely nice.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Wrong thread? But clearly shadowball spam is unbeatable on FD, Mewtwo is like a midtier Falco.

POF: You didn't explain yourself. "DK does good against every character" is a non-argument and the fact that you've never played the match-up, let alone name three good Ganon players, doesn't help you much either. Are we supposed to accept your opinion over his?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
More importantly-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1N6go-HJQ0&playnext_from=TL&videos=ykYUfjQ2ZmY

best m2 ever vs the ultimate zelda guy
that mewtwo needs to stop running blindly into toes. more spam, avoidence, and needs lots more killing of zelda @ 100-110% when she's supposed to die. she dies easy off the top, not to the sides lol. he won though so w/e it's an okay M2 for someone who might've just been ****ing around hahaha

so yeah this just in. Kage is right, Ganon beats Donkey Kong. I'm not at his level (he ***** my ganon @ MM20) but i've played the MU when i've been able to and Ganon DEF wins. lol @ anyone who thinks otherwise.

Ganon outranges and outprioritizes DK, yes DK's grab game is good but because that and Bair is all he has he gets predictable. and Ganon feeds on said predicablity

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how exactly does kirby have an advantage over roy? if anything it is at worst, even

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Its not a matter of me or kage being right or wrong. Kages right. Kudos. The fact that he is giving an egotistical attitude about him being right is what bothers me and should bother others.

That's like the "I'm a top player so I'm going to arrive late to a tournament." Attitude. No lashes towards him as a player tho.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Wrong thread? But clearly shadowball spam is unbeatable on FD, Mewtwo is like a midtier Falco.

POF: You didn't explain yourself. "DK does good against every character" is a non-argument and the fact that you've never played the match-up, let alone name three good Ganon players, doesn't help you much either. Are we supposed to accept your opinion over his?
Lol, na I just saw it and posted it. But even tho m2 vs zelda turned into a joke, its still actually a MU lol.

and m2 actually does > zelda, it just hasnt been changed yet on the chart. Its literally his last MU that needs to be done for him to have an accurate representation.

@ P.O.F.-I do agree, but I dont think its really an attitude. Kage is ****ing legit irl, I honestly believe he just doesnt want to type up the MU lol. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think that he should provide reasonings instead of making ppl take his **** at face value, but I think most ppl agree with what he said and have thus provided their own reasonings and theories for that MU.

There is no way Dk stacks up to Ganondorf anyway lol.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I totally agree that Kage's attitude was rude and uncalled for. if he doesn't want to explain himself, he doesn't have to, but making a point to say he's not going to explain it because it's just SO OBVIOUS is a bit much.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
iirc Kirby can duck Roy's JC grab and CC the bulk of his moveset so it's not that bad for Kirby.

Roy tends to fall back on grabbing to counter the fact that his moveset sans F-smash/D-smash is CC food. Kirby's collapsible body somewhat negates grab. I am of the opinion that extremely laggy dash grab and laggy smashes aren't exactly a great counter to the duck either.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
what do you guys think of falcon vs ganon?
It's probably 60-40 for Falcon. Once you know the matchup perfectly meaning you know what moves counters what move and you know how to approach... then it all comes to Falcon just has more speed and combo ability against Ganon.. it's very tough to put yourself in an advantageous position after you got hit.

I'm sorry, but thats flat out rude. Seriously; props to your Ganon for beating MaNg0 and all you've ever done/proven in tournament.

I keep losing more and more respect for top level players with each passing day.

I think there are only so many players that I can talk smash with anymore. (sigh)

The US has a few people that i think are great.

Canada has that kirbykaze guy, raynex, ib, and unknown (<3 Canada!)

Has anyone ever exchanged words with Armada? Nice kid. Europe is extremely nice.
Well honestly, I don't really care about your respect, aren't you being the rude one here? Mr. I think I know everything.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
True story.

(It looks like Ganon's hitboxes are definitely touching Kirby's hurtboxes, so I dunno why Kirby's still chillin'... any ideas, Magus?)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Well honestly, I don't really care about your respect, aren't you being the rude one here? Mr. I think I know everything.
Sir, find me a post I've made ever where I say "I know everything." And I will agree with your statement. How am I being the rude one? I think I'm being the rational one while you're just throwing around your "I'm the best ganon." Ego. I respect your skills as a player, don't get me wrong but you're full of yourself. Part of being a good player and major contribution to a community is having the ability to be respectful to others and being open to the fact that people may not have the knowledge you have in certain areas.

The most idolized and respected smashers in the scene are the nice ones. To put it simply. I've met you and I don't think you're such a bad guy....so wtf?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Kage does seem hella nice. I played him in friendlies at rom2 and talk to him some and he's actually really really cool. just...once he logs on smashboards the "Internet Warrior" comes out. :laugh:

lambchops is probably the funniest guy you'll ever meet btw.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Not to get off topic and make lists but PC Chris, Chu, Hbox, Axe, Vidjo, Darc, KirbyKaze, Unknown522, omegablackmage, RayNex, Pakman, and Wife are the coolest people ever. Really helpful and just fun to be around.

I wish I didnt live in CT because the scene here IMO is really bad/i cant stand most of the people. There's Cort and SPAWN. That's about it in terms of people who are cool/fun to be with. oh and noodles from new haven and aesir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom