• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Thats his opinion I guess and I'm not surprised he says that either. I ain't saying the dude is wrong and I'm right, but we're two totally different Samus pros with years of experience in the game. So its whatever.
Wait a second, since when you have a Samus that is on par with Hugs level?

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
wait, DI up? as in SDI up or did you mean DI away?
Just di up. lol. If you DI to the side, i can hit you with another u air. If you DI up, you can jump out just before i get another chance to hit you with another up air. On stages with platforms, i can probably continue the combo indefinitely, but on a stage like final d, and if ganon knows how to di, DK's combos are relatively limited.

Does anyone else think that DK's f air, and most of his other moves for that matter should do more damage? lol. Like....DK's f air only does 16, which is a decent number, but in comparison to say ganon's f air, which does 17 and is waaaaaaaaaaay faster...its just not fair....lol. Me and dk have a love/hate relationship...lol

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i know im not really qualified to speak on the matter, but i honestly believe that marths that think falcon > marth are just frustrated that they cant **** falcon like they can spacies, so theyre just like "**** this MU"

rhan

Smash Hero
Falcon v Marth is stage dependent. Falcon just needs to camp grabs in that matchup anyway. Once he gets a grab that's a great deal of percent and possibly that stock for Marth. But marth is the master of dumb ****. So if the Falcon makes the slightest mistake that leaves him open it's GG.

And I'm backing Hugs' statement on the Samus v Falco. But v Fox it's like 40 - 60. Fox get's around a hellava lot more than a Falco can and since he kills upward it's a easier kill. Once Samus gets in the air that's pretty much that stocks finish.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Falcon v Marth is stage dependent. Falcon just needs to camp grabs in that matchup anyway. Once he gets a grab that's a great deal of percent and possibly that stock for Marth. But marth is the master of dumb ****. So if the Falcon makes the slightest mistake that leaves him open it's GG.

And I'm backing Hugs' statement on the Samus v Falco. But v Fox it's like 40 - 60. Fox get's around a hellava lot more than a Falco can and since he kills upward it's a easier kill. Once Samus gets in the air that's pretty much that stocks finish.
*Stamps with approval*

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
imo thread rename to
"Straight smashers flirt with KK"

btw KK u have a nice butt

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I've always thought Falcon has a slight advantage over Marth, but nobody seems to buy that for some reason.
No, I definitely disagree with that as well. lol.

Marths tech chase against Falcon is absurdly dumb and Falcon really can't do a thing about it as long as the Marth reacts. (which is pretty easy because Falcon doesnt have a shine, dumb roll like sheik does or that rest move that jigglypuff has lol)

He really really really gets ***** off stage. Marths suck at edge guarding Falcon for some reason and it really baffles me. It's pretty straight forward.

Go up on stage above you? Nair them or uair them into a better position and get them off again.

Really low? edge hog.

Right at you to do that fake going forward crap? Fsmash or d tilt

want to piss them off? d tilt all day. lol.

Falcon can combo marth to a T around 70-80% like its his job but Marth really shouldnt be getting ***** that hard to get to that percent without at least taking a stock lead. If Marth gets the stock lead all he has to do is camp the ledge and make Falcon approach him and then he can put him where he wants to grab and reset the situation. I usually just tech chase them until they are near the ledge...f throw or d throw them off and see what they do. If they auto sweet spot i just patiently wait on stage to see how they get up and if they dont auto sweet spot i pester em with d tilts/fsmashes or whatever and they die fast.

Nair is actually surprisingly good in this mu because Falcons think they can just run away from everything and never shield unless getting pressured by spacies. I don't know...I do pretty good against Falcons and love the match up.

I'm starting to think it is in Marths favor. Theres definitely an argument for it being even I think but its definitely not Falcons advantage. Have you seen the footage of M2K just annihilating Dark Rain? Cort? any Falcon? I think its a joke match up. Bigger stages Falcon is better but Marth destroys him on FD, YS, and BF for sure.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ties go to the better character IMO.

but i hate saying something is even or =, it just feels like a copout even if its true.
Lets just say if the players are both at the same level of skill Marth has a slight advantage on most stages.

No, I definitely disagree with that as well. lol.

Marths tech chase against Falcon is absurdly dumb and Falcon really can't do a thing about it as long as the Marth reacts. (which is pretty easy because Falcon doesnt have a shine, dumb roll like sheik does or that rest move that jigglypuff has lol)

He really really really gets ***** off stage. Marths suck at edge guarding Falcon for some reason and it really baffles me. It's pretty straight forward.

Go up on stage above you? Nair them or uair them into a better position and get them off again.

Really low? edge hog.

want to piss them off? d tilt all day. lol.

Falcon can combo marth to a T around 70-80% like its his job but Marth really shouldnt be getting ***** that hard to get to that percent without at least taking a stock lead. If Marth gets the stock lead all he has to do is camp the ledge and make Falcon approach him and then he can put him where he wants to grab and reset the situation. I usually just tech chase them until they are near the ledge...f throw or d throw them off and see what they do. If they auto sweet spot i just patiently wait on stage to see how they get up and if they dont auto sweet spot i pester em with d tilts/fsmashes or whatever and they die fast.

Nair is actually surprisingly good in this mu because Falcons think they can just run away from everything and never shield unless getting pressured by spacies. I don't know...I do pretty good against Falcons and love the match up.

I'm starting to think it is in Marths favor. Theres definitely an argument for it being even I think but its definitely not Falcons advantage. Have you seen the footage of M2K just annihilating Dark Rain? Cort? any Falcon? I think its a joke match up. Bigger stages Falcon is better but Marth destroys him on FD, YS, and BF for sure.
I would agree completely if Falcon didn't have a knee. Not to mention there is just as much footage of Falcon beating Marth these days. I mean Isai beating Ken comes to mind first then SS vs Taj and Hax vs HBK comes to mind. If Falcons realize Marth's weakness they have no fear of him anymore. I mean I remember Arguing with M2K about Marth being overrated but after Maining him for 7 months now I am starting to agree. Marth is like a school bully. He beats you up, takes your money and ****s your sister because your afraid of him. As soon as you punch him in the nose he turns into a little ***** though.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Isai beating Ken comes to mind first then SS vs Taj and Hax vs HBK comes to mind.
Hax and SS are the best Falcons in the world and easily top 10-15 players in the United States while HBK and Taj.....are not. I would basically put all the Falcons as some of the top players in the world. (Minus Scar....no offense)

Plenty of people have beaten HBK in tournament...

Marth basically works like this: If he has a lead its very easy for him to win.

If he is down on stocks: its very hard for him to win. Marth is not good at approaching. Hes good at defending.

In retrospective, its probably even but it wouldnt surprise me if everyone agreed on Marth winning. More Falcons complain about it than Marths.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Hax and SS are the best Falcons in the world and easily top 10-15 players in the United States while HBK and Taj.....are not. I would basically put all the Falcons as some of the top players in the world. (Minus Scar....no offense)

Plenty of people have beaten HBK in tournament...

Marth basically works like this: If he has a lead its very easy for him to win.

If he is down on stocks: its very hard for him to win. Marth is not good at approaching. Hes good at defending.

In retrospective, its probably even but it wouldnt surprise me if everyone agreed on Marth winning. More Falcons complain about it than Marths.
What about SS beating Strawhat?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I'm sure it's actually really easy and top level players have no idea what they're doing.
Nair won't kill Falcon unless it's a tipper at high percents. And what do you mean by uair, then "get them off"? With what? Fair?
Charging a fsmash close to the edge risks Falcon going over your head, and too far back risks him grabbing the ledge. With both methods, a slight fluctuation in timing results in hitting Falcon with a weak hitbox, usually giving him a more advantageous position at low percents.

Overall, edgeguarding Falcon from above is more or less automatic, but edgeguarding when Falcon is above you can be deceptively difficult.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Personally I think it's in falcons favor but he only has one perfect stage which is final, so overall it's probably better for marth

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It's only heavily in Marth's favor if your fighting a level 1-9 Falcon CPU or you little brother's Falcon. Good Falcon's will Grab-death you or simply run circles around you. Marth has really good ground movement to though. If a good Marth and a Good Falcon player fight it will probably come down to who wins the first match on a random stage. It's that kind of close imo. Still I have to give Marth the edge because he's armed and Falcon is a crazed race car driver in tights.

Zoler

Smash Ace
It's only heavily in Marth's favor if your fighting a level 1-9 Falcon CPU or you little brother's Falcon. Good Falcon's will Grab-death you or simply run circles around you. Marth has really good ground movement to though. If a good Marth and a Good Falcon player fight it will probably come down to who wins the first match on a random stage. It's that kind of close imo. Still I have to give Marth the edge because he's armed and Falcon is a crazed race car driver in tights.
HOW does that not give falcon the advantage :laugh:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i know im not really qualified to speak on the matter, but i honestly believe that marths that think falcon > marth are just frustrated that they cant **** falcon like they can spacies, so theyre just like "**** this MU"
You can **** falcon like spacies. Falcon has a harder time getting out. But in neutral position neither character has really any incentive to approach and falcon's non-approach game is much better than marth's. Its kinda like falcon dittos except one has a sword.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you can **** falcon like spacies, but its not the same, its not the same...its just not. theres a reason why m2k refuses to do marth vs falcon, cause its harder to do the combos for several reasons.

and m2k can play sheik, that helps too.

samus and link are gay

:chuckle:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You can react tech-chase him a la Sheik with Marth.

You don't really need to combo him as in Uair Uair Uair or Fair Uair Fair Uair or any of that. Just regrab him until he traps himself at the edge and then smite him for having such ****ty defense options.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
For some reason i dont think m2k refuses to do the match-up because of how well he combos the other character...

...especially when you can reaction techchase and juggle and do really funny combos because they are a fast faller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom