• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I use alot of tech chases against Falcons when I play marth. I play like PAL sheik basically. However vs a Falcon of high quality I pull a M2K and usually switch to Sheik. Sometimes I go Falco.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
You can react tech-chase him a la Sheik with Marth.

You don't really need to combo him as in Uair Uair Uair or Fair Uair Fair Uair or any of that. Just regrab him until he traps himself at the edge and then smite him for having such ****ty defense options.

This. If Falcon is in the air or hes recovering and i cant get the kill I just hit him somewhere and reset the situation and get him in a tight spot. Falcons defensive options are horrible once hes being pressured.

That is the thing that everyone seems to forget about. Once Falcons being pressured or comboed he can't do ANYTHING. What are his options?

He doesn't have:

Marths disjointed hitbox or his fair. I use this to get out of trouble sometimes and its wonderful. I don't use it VS Falcon but its wonders against floaties.

Spacies 1 frame shine

Sheiks roll distance or 35 degree angle kill fair. lol

Jigs rest or ability to gimp.

Ice Climbers get out jail free card dsmash.

Ganon and Captain Falcon get absolutely destroyed by pressure and can do nothing. lol.

Both of these characters rely on constantly making good reads and reseting the situation while Sheik, Fox, Falco, Marth, and all of the good characters combo and gimp their balls off. A big reason as to why they aren't amazing characters. On top of that, they have arguably the most horrible recoveries ever with Ganons being a bit better. They are still both bad though compared to most. They rely on mind ****ing you all match. None of them can edge guard well either. They wait on stage and see what you do for the most part.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
m2k's exact words to me "my whole style is based on 0-death combos"

i think thats exactly why he wouldnt play a match-up
i guess that explains the massive amounts of chain grabbing. doesn't explain why he plays brawl though :laugh:

also, POF: every time i see your sig, i think there's a giant bug on my screen.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i'd say ganondorf and captain falcon can edgeguard fairly well, with ganondorf being the better edgeguarder of the two

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i guess that explains the massive amounts of chain grabbing. doesn't explain why he plays brawl though :laugh:

also, POF: every time i see your sig, i think there's a giant bug on my screen.
I lol'd @brawl and m2k. Epic contradiction! Also I found myself jumping back and swinging at the screen also. Glad it isn't just me.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lol, this thread
this. don't worry though, everyone. i've contacted 9 out of the top 10 smashers and got all their input on the matchups and am aggregating them soon into a 100-0 format =) it'll be official since it's got several mbr members too. very secret tho

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Uh....so Someone was trying to convince me that Young Link can go even with Fox/Falco and beat Sheik and Marth as long as you have good spacing and shoot arrows and throw boomerangs....thoughts?

N64

Smash Champion
ylink is garbage against every top tier except jiggs and peach. And he's slightly less garbage against them.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
this. don't worry though, everyone. OMFG WORRYING!i've contacted 9 out of the top 10 smashers and got all their input on the matchups and am aggregating them soon into a 100-0 format =) it'll be official since it's got several mbr members too. very secret tho
Hurray. This one is more or less done incomplete, but it was fun while it lasted. If the new one sucks though, we can always go back here. =P

Also knowing you, I'm certain you'll be dickriding it the whole time. =)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea lol, but you need to change the most important MU this thread has ever had.

I also hope 9/10 top smashers know all the low tier **** as well.

Laijin

Smash Hero
You've obviously never talked to Laijin lol.
lol wut.
YL only goes even against Peach.
Thats about it. He has a disadvantage against all other high tier characters.

Don't go around putting words in my mouth.

Also. How I feel about YL vs ICs.
I do honestly believe its a hit or miss. YL has the advantage in the match up ONLY if he camps(and its easier to do on larger stages. He can't approach ICs without a projectile hitting them. If YL is agressive and close range, he loses his advantage and the favor goes to ICs. Although honestly I always pick Sheik for this match up. lol

Zoler

Smash Ace
Maybe you weren't aware that YL has an extremely mobile and effective projectile camping game. It's difficult for ICs to catch up to him. >_>
Didn't mean it was wrong just surprised, sorry if it came off like that :embarrass

Tero.

Smash Champion
I think most of the Top/High Tier Match-up's are about even (considering most Top and High Tiers have roughly the same potential):

Fox - Marth: 0
Fox - Sheik: 0
Fox - Falco: 0
Fox - Puff: 0 (might be +1)
Fox - Peach: 0
Fox - Falcon: +1

Sheik - Marth: +1 (PAL -> 0)
Sheik - Falco: 0
Sheik - Puff: 0 (might be -1)
Sheik - Peach: 0 (might be +1)
Sheik - Falcon: +1 (might be +2)

Marth - Falco: 0
Marth - Puff: 0
Marth - Peach: 0 (might be +1)
Marth - Falcon: 0 (might be -1)

Falco- Puff: 0 (might be -1)
Falco - Peach: 0
Falco - Falcon: +1 (might be +2)

Puff - Peach: 0
Puff - Falcon: 0 (might be -1)

Peach - Falcon: -1

BigWenz

Smash Ace
I think most of the Top/High Tier Match-up's are about even (considering most Top and High Tiers have roughly the same potential):

Fox - Marth: 0
Fox - Sheik: 0
Fox - Falco: 0
Fox - Puff: 0 (might be +1)
Fox - Peach: 0
Fox - Falcon: +1

Sheik - Marth: +1 (PAL -> 0)
Sheik - Falco: 0
Sheik - Puff: 0 (might be -1)
Sheik - Peach: 0 (might be +1)
Sheik - Falcon: +1 (might be +2)

Marth - Falco: 0
Marth - Puff: 0
Marth - Peach: 0 (might be +1)
Marth - Falcon: 0 (might be -1)

Falco- Puff: 0 (might be -1)
Falco - Peach: 0
Falco - Falcon: +1 (might be +2)

Puff - Peach: 0
Puff - Falcon: 0 (might be -1)

Peach - Falcon: -1
all those might be + 2 u might as well go ahead and change that to +2 cause falco and sheik only a + 1 vs falcon is bullsht those match ups blow

Divinokage

Smash Legend
all those might be + 2 u might as well go ahead and change that to +2 cause falco and sheik only a + 1 vs falcon is bullsht those match ups blow
I feel like Falco is harder than Sheik when I play the matchup.. Seems at least you don't get shut down that easily when Sheik tries to approach Falcon.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
oh those crews. rockcrock stole my controller and made me use his, so i have major johns. chris told me he could tell i wasn't playing normal. just friendlies anyways lol

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well I've seen you play before and you didn't were played much better so I figured there had to be a legit explanation for you getting *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom