• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@otg SB camp *****, watch out for bair, combo, edgeguard.

@KK no, its because he is heavy. M2 also has approx 3 diff htboxes on all his tilts. Dtilt into bs is solid, Dk has a big hurtbox which helps account for him being farther away(with full away DI).

Im sure this is how it works. I was giving options for multiple DIs tho.

You can sb to dthrow to dtilt into a combo finisher for most reasonable percents%. depending on percent and where u hit with dtilt you can get multiple dtilts.

You can also get a regrab which is more DI dependant, but That string is m2s bread and butter. sb dthrow to tilt into an ender can be done on alot of floaties as well

% dependant like alot of things, but they extend into mid/hi range for heavy/ff and up to lower mid for floaties.

BunBun

Smash Master
Kirby vs Link stuff
I mostly agree, but I think that Link's edge is not that large, even with the running around spamming. He's just not fast enough to do it effectively enough for the matchup to be very much in his favor.

I think Skler summed it up really well. Link > Kirby in Link's best case scenario, but otherwise it's =.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think it's one of Kirby's best matchups. I just don't think that he wins.

If I had to assign one of those horrible numerical values to it, I'd say 6-4 for Link favour.

Link > Kirby

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
I think every match-up is important. The chart is more beneficial to people who aren't well versed in this game. Everyone can just learn a particular match-up, while the general public would specifically use this to determine which character they want to play based on skill of the character.

Match-up charts are more useful than basic tier lists because they present a more complete set of data. This, however does still extend to veteran players as well.

Edit:Nobody seems to understand the validity of shadow ball camping. I've read a lot of stupid things that are "supposed" to negate the effectiveness of it.

Wrong ****'s wrong

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
See, the problem with shadowball camping is the same fundamental problem as laser camping, or any camping for that matter. 1 it's entirely readable 2 it's not applicaple to spam it 3 there's still error involved on your part

it's the same problem as always. It's just a specific situation and reliance on it working all the time that skews people ideas on matchups.

Zelda > m2

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
See, the problem with shadowball camping is the same fundamental problem as laser camping, or any camping for that matter. 1 it's entirely readable 2 it's not applicaple to spam it 3 there's still error involved on your part

it's the same problem as always. It's just a specific situation and reliance on it working all the time that skews people ideas on match-ups.

Zelda > m2
Do people actually hold your post in high regard? From what I can tell you are using the same logic that proves why you are full of ****, yet it simultaneously refutes the arguments of shadow ball/laser camping? Troll maybe!

You argument is fundamentally flawed in that the two characters who mewtwo players claim to be able to camp, spam bair as a defense. How is that not readable?

I don't think that you understand projectiles have different purposes. Lasers are fast and cannot be followed at mid and far range, but they are much more spammable for damage. Shadow Balls are excellent for zoning purposes. They are slow enough for a mewtwo to get behind.

NO MATTER WHAT, when a projectile comes you have to make a decision. Do nothing is NEVER an option.
1. Get hit
2. Shield
3. Reflect/absorb
4. Dodge

Each of these has its potential consequences. It depends on the situation, nobody has been stating that every shadow ball or every laser leads to a favorable situation by the shooter. But nobody can argue that having a moving hitbox at you is a favorable situation. If you can shoot the projectile without being punished at mid-long range then its effective for camping.That is without question.

Its even more effective if you have options to follow up that are safe. Approach and read the situation, if it looks good commit. If it looks bad pull out. If it looks questionable, this is where your experience comes in and you take a risk. This, combined with being able to predict your opponent's movements will generally put you in a favorable situation, even if you do not deal damage on every attempt. As long as you can avoid taking damage then you are clearly in control.

This alone seems to be a huge factor in Mewtwo beating Zelda. I don't play either character but you aren't making a very good case for Zelda.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if you have options to follow up that are safe. Approach and read the situation, if it looks good commit. If it looks bad pull out. If it looks questionable, this is where your experience comes in and you take a risk.
thats how I choose which girls to have relations with.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Camping is incredibly important in matchups and skews them immensely. In otherwise close matchups, if one player does not use their camping tools properly, it can become one-sided **** very easily.

See: ledgecampy Sheik/Marth vs aggressive Fox. Ledgecampy Puff vs aggressive Falcon, Falco, Fox, etc. Extremely aggressive Fox vs Bowser.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
@noob guy w low posts:

this topic contains high levels of fail
the discussion is pointless
the chart is wrong

it mostly hinges on the community, but there are other things that contribute to it as well. Like the chart form and the fact this is a nintendo game.

You seem like an alt anyways so I didn't even read any of your ****. Post better and get to the point next time. This specific discussion was over months ago so you're coming to the picnic a little too late. Sorry, now gtfo!

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
it mostly hinges on the community, but there are other things that contribute to it as well. Like the chart form and the fact this is a nintendo game.

This specific discussion was over months ago
LOLS. Hi Manalord, what up?

Dave-You dont EDGE GUARD puff. You create a wall with Marths sword so that she can't make it back onto the stage by keeping her either on the ledge or in the air.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Probably like Jab Blizzard D-throw U-smash unless PEEF, Fly, and Wobbles have somehow obsoleted that one.
Headbutt>Dthrow>Fully charged Usmash kills pichu about 12% earlier. Headbutt>Uthrow>Fully charged usmash kills about 22% earlier but the timing is really tough.

=DD

Also KK, vs Falcons and Ganons I am doing nothing but the Sheik-style edgeguard now as an experiment. Standup>Dthrow reverse Dair>Charge Fsmash>repeat if nessecary works like...a charm? I like it alot more than keep ledge>ledgehop bair. The hardest part (I think) is making things work when they land up on a platform, and learning the timing of the standup so that I give myself the largest advantage by using the invisible ledgehog part.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm going with DK < M2 just because Mexican said so.

A lot of things Kao said is pretty wrong but understandable. Not a lot of people have played good DKs. I like Taj's write up better.

I'm assuming Mexican doesn't care and I don't really care myself. I'd **** up any Mew2 not named Taj lol.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
@kaostar. I didn't read all of your post because it was just too **** long, but some of it you're right on, some of what i read though was very very wrong. Like about edgeguarding dk...D smash messing up a sweetspot? get real. lol. DK has no problem recovering against m2. DK loses because M2 is just too hard to hit and especially to follow up on a hit. I might have lost to taj, but it was pretty close, and I can tell you now that it had absolutely nothing to do with edgeguarding. SB won't do anything to dk uncharged since dk's hands are invincible during his up b, and any self respecting dk would never let himself get hit with a SB when he's recovering in the first place, fully charged or not

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm not sure. I bet you could probably come up with some very creative solutions on the IC board.

If you got up earlier and waveland grabbed into a hand-off that might work (since hand-off works near the edge on platforms to my understanding). Or possibly FJ Fair onto the platform and use the meteor hitbox to ground them. Then crouch in front of them so if they get-up attack you will CC --> grab --> **** it and all other get ups are covered by grab/WD grab/D-smashes.

There's lots of stuff to experiment with.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Headbutt>Dthrow>Fully charged Usmash kills pichu about 12% earlier. Headbutt>Uthrow>Fully charged usmash kills about 22% earlier but the timing is really tough.

=DD

Also KK, vs Falcons and Ganons I am doing nothing but the Sheik-style edgeguard now as an experiment. Standup>Dthrow reverse Dair>Charge Fsmash>repeat if nessecary works like...a charm? I like it alot more than keep ledge>ledgehop bair. The hardest part (I think) is making things work when they land up on a platform, and learning the timing of the standup so that I give myself the largest advantage by using the invisible ledgehog part.
If you try to charge a u-smash in grab at those %s, the other player would break out of the grab. That works somewhat against heavier characters, who give you time to charge u-smash during d-throw, but Pichu is thrown almost instantly and you would have no time to charge the smash at all. I'm almost positive that blizzard u-smash will work at a lower (practical) percentages.

As for the second part, that's why Fly sometimes uses the belay -> nana edgehog. If they go for a platform, you can do a retreating fulljump b-air or something. Waveland onto platform -> grab is hard to do because they can trick you with drift/falling through the platform to make you miss the grab. I like KK's f-air idea.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, people honesty don't understand how DK players can just hover a decent range away from the edge and still grab it, dodging stuff like Marth's Fsmash.

Unfortunately, there's only about 4/5 people in the world who actually do this.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you try to charge a u-smash in grab at those %s, the other player would break out of the grab. That works somewhat against heavier characters, who give you time to charge u-smash during d-throw, but Pichu is thrown almost instantly and you would have no time to charge the smash at all. I'm almost positive that blizzard u-smash will work at a lower (practical) percentages.

As for the second part, that's why Fly sometimes uses the belay -> nana edgehog. If they go for a platform, you can do a retreating fulljump b-air or something. Waveland onto platform -> grab is hard to do because they can trick you with drift/falling through the platform to make you miss the grab. I like KK's f-air idea.
I'm now thinking you could SH under the platform close to the edge so if they drift back you DJ Bair them, then if they fall through the platform you land in place (empty SH) and then do the grab combo on their lagging body, and if they land onto the platform you could DJ waveland grab **** or DJ into the meteor Fairs and go after them.

I dunno.

This is where Ice Climber players and smashfests with both Ice Climber players and not-Ice-Climber players come in handy.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@kaostar. I didn't read all of your post because it was just too **** long, but some of it you're right on, some of what i read though was very very wrong. Like about edgeguarding dk...D smash messing up a sweetspot? get real. lol. DK has no problem recovering against m2. DK loses because M2 is just too hard to hit and especially to follow up on a hit. I might have lost to taj, but it was pretty close, and I can tell you now that it had absolutely nothing to do with edgeguarding. SB won't do anything to dk uncharged since dk's hands are invincible during his up b, and any self respecting dk would never let himself get hit with a SB when he's recovering in the first place, fully charged or not
Well you cant win em all lol. If Dsmash isnt a problem then Im not gonna argue with you. Either way, I still feel that M2 is the better edge guarder between the two but it doesnt really matter.

and yea its still pretty close, dk just has a fast strong move, m2 would love one of those.

Lol@Nj's Id take you up on that ^_^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
That's def not true. People can just grab the ledge if DK tries to pull some **** like that. his recovery is bad
If they grab the edge, DK doesn't do it lol

He has sick recovery... unless he's fighting CFalcon (Dair), Ganon (Dair), or Sheik (aerial needles).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, forgot about him haha.

I was about to mention Pdiz, but he retired I think.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
DK is clearly the worse edgeguarder in Mewtwo vs DK but that's because Mewtwo's recovery is ridiculous and borderline impossible to effectively edgeguard for a whole stock unless he gets spiked in some manner going into the recovery or something.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I agree, Mew2 has one of the best recoveries in the game.

About Mew2's dair and low SB, do you mean just in general or when DK is recovering?

And yeah, I wish Pdiz still played :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'd imagine he's talking about recovery because Mewtwo's Dair is really slow and bad onstage IMHO unless you're like trying a really creative tech chase or something funny.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Edit:

Teh Icy-Im fine with leaving Kirby vs M2=until some other Kirby/Mewtwo players give their opinion.
1 votes K>M2
2 votes M2>K
More ppl agree M2>Kirby, not that it means much. Its just not decided upon.

M2>Yoshi-You will probably have to get confirmation for V3ctorman most likely-he plays both a good yoshi and mewtwo.
Another Vote added for M2 > Kirby, I'm not one that expenentionally knows this matchup with complete confidence, and I haven't played any notable Kirby players except for Pink Reaper, but just seems that Kirby has much less room for error than Mewtwo does. Top that off with better movement options, recovery options, and a better OOS game, better CC, better comboing potential.. I favor Mewtwo.. Granted, M2's grab game is very much limited as Kirby players who know the matchup will tend to crouch more often to avoid grabs, Mewtwo just has the better moveset to exploit..

As for the Mewtwo/Yoshi debate. I play both Mewtwo, and recently added Yoshi at a fairly competetive level and at first I was always Mewtwo > Yoshi, but now I'm leaning towards Mewtwo = Yoshi...if I had to judge it right now at this moment I'd lean in Mewtwo's favor but not by much suprisingly..Mewtwo's OOS options are always a plus, maneuverability for both characters are rather good, IMO, I believe Yoshi has the better offensive movepool a much diverse, useful projectile and above average kill moves on Mewtwo, however his OOS options are nothing to brag about, and has doesn't have much margin for error.. Now even though Im leaning on Mewtwo > Yoshi, To me it's only like 51/49 in Mewtwo's favor if even that.. I believe this matchup is much closer than what people may think of it..

Notably, I've fought against Taj's Mewtwo with my Yoshi, and (Yep I lost) mostly by 2 stocks and there's no better Mewtwo to practice against than Taj's, but I never found this MU or anything in it to be potentially difficult, or rather tough to accumulate damage, or anything that puts Yoshi at a large Disadvantage, I felt as I did everything I aimed to do just TONY'S JUST ****in good =p

I want to say Mewtwo = Yoshi but knowing that i've played the Best Mewtwo player already with Yoshi so I know, the max potential/level of playing it's slightly in Mewtwo's favor..but 51/49 isn't really adv, it's more equal lol =p so equal it is XD

That's just my two cents on this MU, (also note) i'm not really known for playing Yoshi, I just happen to have one thats above average, and looks pretty, and have the benefit of playing great players such as Axe, Forward, Taj since they all live in my state, but I'm still relatively not as known with my Yoshi, as I am with Mewtwo.. so maybe you'd prefer YoshiisCool or Mind Trick or any of the others.. ^^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I read Dair as Dtilt..... lol

And yes, if DK gets hit by the Dair he's ****ed. Problems are how crazy slow it is + how slow moves as he sets it up, and how precise Mew2 need to be. High risk high reward kinda ****.

I don't think SBs are a problem, but that's just me having a hard time trying imagine how to edgeguard DK with SBs lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Thanks-Vman+you prob have more experience vs taj tho. So M2>yoshi lol. Im making a push.

@Nj's/KK- I meant as a recovery...so offstage. I have no problem hitting with it twice in 1 attempt(venture offstage) and still recovering. Ive always felt it being slow is only a problem if you have trouble hitting with it. I typically dont edge guard from on the stage, I like life in the air I guess.

DK, falcon, ganon, bowser, sheik, up Bing fox/falco, jiggz, link, ylink are pretty easy to hit with dair.

and low sbs are ones that are walkoff and aimed towards dks body. he can eat through uncharged ones pretty easily at hand level.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
@noob guy w low posts:

this topic contains high levels of fail
the discussion is pointless
the chart is wrong

You seem like an alt anyways so I didn't even read any of your ****. Post better and get to the point next time. This specific discussion was over months ago so you're coming to the picnic a little too late. Sorry, now gtfo!
This is my 100th post. and I've STILL contributed more to the community other than increase the percent of troll sightings.:laugh:
/Trolling

The point is that camping is effective especially vs slow characters. I don't understand what is so hard about that to understand. I'm actually curios as to what your argument is stating that it doesn't work.

The chart being fail, and it being Nintendo? have nothing to do with it. You just seem like you are always trolling instead of giving straight answers.

N64

Smash Champion
Pika < Luigi
Pika =/> DK
Pika =/> YL
Pika = Link
Pika > Zelda
Pika > G&W
Pika =/> M2
Pika > Roy
Pika > Yoshi
Pika > Ness
Pika >/>> Kirby
Pika >> Bowser
Pika >> Pichu

Pika < Luigi:
This matchup is really rough for pika. Luigi's aerial priority and floatiness is huge. Comboing him is very rare (outside of like uair>uair) as his nair will stop about everything. He'll win a lot of air->air confrontations as well, with any aerial. He can combo pika with nair->anything, but not much else. His ground game is decent as well, with wd->tilts and dsmash. Pika's main advantage in this matchup is gimping ability, as luigi's recovery is just awful when he's hit over + down. If pika can set up one uair spike offstage, it usually results in death, as pika has more than enough edgeguaring tools to prevent luigi from getting back. Just everything else in the matchup is against pika pretty much.

Pika =/> DK:
I'm kinda on the fence with this. I've had a decent amount of experience playing Kwan (notable NY DK), as well as rockcrock a couple times, phish-it, and a couple others. It feels like Pika has all the tools to rush down DK and keep him constantly pressured and with few options. Jolts either force him into shield or into the air. If he shields, you can poke his shield with dtilts/ftilts, or threaten grab->uthrow->dair/nair->combo or dthrow->techchase->option. If he jumps, run under him and now you have an advantageous position as his best options are like dair (not so hot), fade away bair (usually impossible to hit with as long as you keep up with him), fair (slow and easily dash dance punished), or just trying to get back to the ground/ledge via double jumps, air dodges, etc. Pika, however, can start combos with aerials (uair, nair, fair) or usmash from this position. Pika combos DK pretty well, uair spikes can hurt his fairly horizontal recovery, and edgeguarding DK isn't too bad. If he goes high, uair spike. If he upBs to the ledge and tries to tech, jab is untechable and will hit. If he spaces it to sweetspot, step forward to the ledge and down-angled ftilt (you have plenty of time to do so) will hit, or just wavedash onto the ledge->roll. Or ledgehog->drop->dj nair until he dies. Or pika can sometimes chase DK off the stage and just aerial him to death. Plenty of options. What DK has, however, is a brutal punish game. Bair can be hard to get around if you don't have the space to throw jolts at him. And if he grabs pika, it hurts a lot. Low percent grab will lead to at least 3 uairs if the DK knows the timing. Higher percents will lead to death by uair. I'm leaning Pika > DK, but Pika = DK is also fine with me.

Pika =/> YL:
Projectiles can mess with Pika's mobility, but often just keeping pressure on YL can alleviate this. Pika has the mobility to get in on YL, and once you do he won't be able to projectile you, and he doesn't have much to do against you out of shield other than sh nair. With decent spacing and baiting nairs, Pika can usually combo YL alright and just chip away at him until he's high enough that a solid nair/dair/bair/fsmash will send him off, and edgeguarding YL is pretty easy (assuming he can even recover). Usmash is also decent in this match as getting close enough to YL for it isn't too bad, and it can kill pretty early. YL's big guns are his projectile game, nair, and dsmash. You shouldn't, as pika, be really getting hit by much else that matters, maybe some utilts and bairs. Nair can be hard to get around, but it's easier than some chars'. Dsmash has enough range and ko potential that it's worth noting. And YL's projectile game can limit your movement options, which hurts pika, and if you do get hit then he can follow up with aerials. It feels relatively even, but it feels like pika can usually kill YL earlier than vice versa, as YL doesn't have any really solid edgeguards/punishes against pika, and his kill moves are subpar while pika has plenty. Again, leaning > but I can see = as well.

Pika = Link:
After playing primarily Skler and HDL, this match feels pretty even. Nair is really hard to get around, and his projectile game, while slightly worse than YL's, limits Pika's movements. Link's tilts also hurt your approaches, and Pika has a rough time with this. Link has a few more kill moves than his younger self, as nair will kill earlier (iirc) and upB is decent (mostly from dthrow or oos). Link acts as a slow projectile-throwing wall in this matchup, which can be hard for Pika to get in on. If Pika does get in, then he can do some damage though. Uair sets up aerial combos. Pika has a decent shield pressure game on Link. Edgeguarding Link is usually not too bad, as jolts help a lot with hitting him out of hookshot, or you can just jump off and try to intercept his recovery with an aerial. He will live fairly long otherwise, however, being fairly heavy and falling relatively fast, so getting him high enough to put him offstage can be a chore. Pika really needs to use his mobility in this matchup and get in on any opportunity on Link. I'd say it's pretty even.

Pika > Zelda:
As with most Zelda matches, this is pretty straight forward. Avoid kicks. Against most chars, being at kick range is what pika likes since most can't immediately do anything to you at that range, and you can poke with tilts and do dashdance games and such, but in this matchup that's obviously not going to work. Pika needs to play a hit and run game jumping in with well spaced aerials (too high for kick to intercept well and ending up either too close or far for kick oos to connect) trying to get gradual damage on Zelda, then wait for a usmash opportunity, because that kills at stupid low percents and isn't tooooo hard to pull off. Outside of kicks it doesn't feel like zelda has much in the matchup, dsmash isn't really a threat, fsmash is avoidable, pika shouldn't really be in a position much for anything else to connect as you want to be in and out quickly. Kicks really hurt though : (

Most of the rest of these I don't have much exp at all in though, so take it for what it's worth.

Pika > G&W:
G&W has fair and dtilt, and occasional nair, and that's most of his game vs Pika. Fair can be kinda hard to get around, and dtilt will stab pika's crappy shield more than I'd like, but G&W's game is pretty straight forward and counterable. Both chars will be doing mostly 1-2 hit combos on eachother and racking up damage, but getting in on G&W isn't too horrible for Pika, and G&W will die faster, so as long as Pika is at least trading with aerials, he should come out on top.

Pika =/> M2:
Axe has probably the most experience in the matchup, whereas I have relatively little, so probably ask him. It feels like in theorycraft Pika should have the edge, but in practice it's usually pretty even. M2 is huge, and thus a huge target. His range can do alright to keep Pika out though, as dtilt, uair, and bair can be hard to deal with, as well as shadowpellets being about as problematic as jolts. They each combo eachother alright, and each die around the same time, and each have amazing recoveries that can be difficult to punish by the other. Pika has more mobility, and M2 has more range.

Pika > Roy:
There's not too much scary about roy in this matchup for pika. He can't combo pika that well, doesn't have many solid kill moves, has an awful recovery, etc. The main things he does have is a decent grab game, decent range (though he can't do much with it), and potential for early kills (even if they're rare). Thanks to pika's meh techrolls, roy can techchase pika from grab decently, leading to a potential techchase cg until mid percents that's kinda tough to get out of. Dtilt can be annoying, but it won't often lead to much of anything. Otherwise roy has just a rough time racking damage on pika, while pika can just whittle away at roy with aerials and tilts. Once pika gets a solid hit to knock roy offstage, he's pretty easy to edgeguard as if you hit him with anything (jolt, aerial) or often just ledgehog, he's dead. He also can have a kinda rough time killing Pika as his kill moves can be kinda slow and hard to land. I probably make it sound like >>, which I don't think it's bad enough to merit as roy can still get early kills with grab->dthrow->techchase->fsmash/dsmash if pika messes up, or just get 'lucky' fsmash/dsmashes at mid percents, but it isn't that reliable. Pika > roy sounds good.

Pika > Yoshi:
Shiri will probably argue with me about this, but Pika beats Yoshi. Yoshi is annoying and awkward, but as long as Pika's patient and punishes the limitations of Yoshi's game, he'll come out on top. Both characters have about equal opportunity to screw up / punish the other, but Pika just punishes harder in this matchup. Yoshi's main weakness in this matchup is the lack of a third jump. If you wait out the third jump and spike him after it, Yoshi dies. If you expect him to nair out of it, shield and usmash out of shield or grab->bthrow and force him to jump again, essentially resetting the situation. If you ever catch him after his second jump, or trade with his aerial out of second jump, he'll usually die. Yoshi combos Pika pretty well, yes, but it will less often lead to death than Pika's punishes on Yoshi.

Pika > Ness:
Ness's fair is a decent wall against pika, and fade away bairs can hurt. Ness' dj game doesn't amount to a whole lot in this matchup other than dj fairs. If he hits with dair, it will usually lead to bair/uair, but this isn't often as usually pika can just react and at least trade nair with it, resulting in no combo for ness. On stage it's pretty even overall, each chipping away at eachother and doing the occasional decent combo. What swings it is just the recovery, as ness's is awful and pika's is solid.

Pika >/>> Kirby:
I feel it should theoretically be >>, but I have more trouble against kirbies than I expect. Not sure how to describe the matchup in short though. Kirby bairs and tilts a lot, pika throws jolts and aerials a lot, and kirby dies faster.

Pika >> Bowser:
Avoid upB oos via spacing and try not to rely on your own shield as much and this match is pretty straight forward. You want to stay grounded a lot until you force bowser into the air, with usmashes, grabs, or just general ground pressure. Once in the air, combo him because he's huge and heavy and slow, just be weary of fair/bair interrupting pika's combo, and you'll be fine. Pika combos bowser too well, whiile bowser is looking for single hits. Bowser lives for a while, but edgeguarding him usually isn't too bad, Pika just has to keep racking up damage and wait for a solid hit to send Bowser off, then hit him like once out of upB and bowser can't recover.

Pika >> Pichu:
Pika outranges Pichu for once, abuse it and Pika wins pretty handily. Pretty much everything pika has in this matchup is just plain better than pichu's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom