• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Mew2>DK

I tried to convince Taj otherwise in his thread, but I'll just go with what Mex/Taj say. It's not like I'll need to worry about this match-up, ever.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Doesn't DK's bair shut Mewtwo down same as it shuts down Samus?

I suppose I can visualize Mewtwo comboing DK really easily and always recovering. But I also feel like DK's uair, bair, and sweetspotted up-b would kill Mewtwo really early ...

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
I'd be okay with DK > Luigi. Almost the entire Luigi board thus far has said that they believe Luigi has the advantage, but I don't think any of them have extensive knowledge of the matchups. This is one of those midtier vs midtier matchups which has never actually happened, leading to hugely varying ideas from Luigi >> DK to DK >> Luigi. Mexican has some of the best experience (not that that's saying much...) so DK > Luigi sounds fair.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you actually seriously care about anything in Melee Discussion you're probably doing it wrong.

edit: Except the cool combos thread. That one works.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
If you actually seriously care about anything in Melee Discussion you're probably doing it wrong.

edit: Except the cool combos thread. That one works.
I don't see why we can't be passionate while discussing topics. If we're only semi-serious while we're debating then there isn't much point in us taking each other's arguments seriously(as in giving the arguments any credit)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What did one troll say to another troll?

I don't see why we can't be passionate while discussing topics. If we're only semi-serious while we're debating then there isn't much point in us taking each other's arguments seriously(as in giving the arguments any credit)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Meh. I think people take these topics too personally. Serious discussion is fine, but becoming butthurt over a matchup talk is pretty lololol.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I have a feeling that when HugS says Samus > Falco, he means like 55 - 45, which would warrant a "=" by the general rule of this chart. But of course, I could be wrong.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
The best part of this thread is always when ICG comes in here and tries to convince everybody that a Pichu matchup for a given character is anything other than >>>, to absolutely no effect.

BunBun

Smash Master
The best part of this thread is always when ICG comes in here and tries to convince everybody that a Pichu matchup for a given character is anything other than >>>, to absolutely no effect.
Pichu > Kirby.

Sad but true.

Also, just for funsies, Pichu vs Roy is only Roy > Pichu.
i dub kirbykaze cutiekaze
I f*cked a girl that looked a lot like KK >.>

VTS still makes fun of me for it.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
pics of girl now so i can be attracted to kk and not feel confused

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Doesn't DK's bair shut Mewtwo down same as it shuts down Samus?

I suppose I can visualize Mewtwo comboing DK really easily and always recovering. But I also feel like DK's uair, bair, and sweetspotted up-b would kill Mewtwo really early ...
No. Dk is easy. He is just too big like bowser. but a bit faster.

combo bait. Dk is one of the like 4 ppl m2 can actually camp decently.

Also m2s dsmash gets in DKs recoveries ***. Just the way the hitbox is

DK
zelda
ganon
bowser

kinda marth and roy but they can catch you lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You laughed so Ill take it as a joke.

neutral be is wayyy to laggy to be useful as a reflector. You just bait that **** and punish.

slow projectile and laggy reflector. I dont have to worry about getting hit while you are trying to reflect something thats probably not gonna hit me.

john!

Smash Hero
samus is

- heavy as ****, heavier than ganon even i believe
- has easily one of the best recoveries in the game
- nice jab, tilts, and smashes for close range
- fantastic CC game helped by her weight
- up B OOS and nair disrupt combos easily
- weight and floatiness also prevent heavy combos
- has an excellent wavedash
- good and powerful projectile game

yup she's a pretty bad char ;)