• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legan vs Overswarm(MK) Tourney Match

Link_hero_Tubs

Smash Rookie
original green apple all the way
2.) pina colada cuz i like em ghostly
3.) blueberry is alright
4.) strawberry can stay in the closet because i think ive played my worst round with it on
5.) black licorice ... maybe at the end of october ill use it

Ryos4

Smash Lord
This is the first time ive seen any of ur matches. You got alot of interesting jab cancels combos.

Good stuff. lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Legan stop ****** so much. I watch your vids and i'm always like wtf......you have a style that i've never seen before. If I were you I would stop posting vids before there are all of these Legan clones running around.

Fantastic videos though, Deva might be better than you....but your certainly flashier and more entertaining to watch. You mix up your jab cancel game like no one i've ever seen before. You don't even own a wii either? I learned a lot especially how useful jab canceling into a fair is and i'm actually going to start trying to set up jab locks now.

By the way you have 666 posts.......you should probably post again ASAP.

@marsulas: legan should never post again 666 is the number of the beast which suits him pretty well IMO.

@legan: how good is milk! concidered? post your vids in gaws matchup discussion, they will think you played with hacks.

mackman

Smash Cadet
man, that was sick. i love your 'rang to jab lock. I've been experimenting with the same thing, but I didn't know if it would work against people at pro level. Nice to see that it does. Every time i watch a match of yours, i have to go and practice my pivot boosting. Great stuff.

Edit: Wouldn't it be better to pivot boost into the jab lock after the boomerang? I do it myself, and it seems to get me there more quickly than just walking forward, plus the potential for a ftilt or dsmash, among other things.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Best bump EVER.

Sick matches, Legan. One tip you might wanna consider is when you're jab locking to take smaller steps so they don't DI behind you all of a sudden...still put a tear in my eye.

Mackman...if you take advantage of smooth boots you can get a sliding jab which will help in that tiny crucial period of time to reach them.

sasook

Smash Champion
Dear lord...and this guy doesn't own a wii? WTH

Ok, I'm stating this right now. Everyone here pivot boosts except Legan. He moonwalks. That is all.

Legan

Smash Lord
Legan stop ****** so much. I watch your vids and i'm always like wtf......you have a style that i've never seen before. If I were you I would stop posting vids before there are all of these Legan clones running around.

Fantastic videos though, Deva might be better than you....but your certainly flashier and more entertaining to watch. You mix up your jab cancel game like no one i've ever seen before. You don't even own a wii either? I learned a lot especially how useful jab canceling into a fair is and i'm actually going to start trying to set up jab locks now.

By the way you have 666 posts.......you should probably post again ASAP.
lol Thanks bud, Im not worried about Legan clones, as long as they remember know who the original is theres no harm in showing them a few tricks. Yea the 666 kinda creeped me out D:

@marsulas: legan should never post again 666 is the number of the beast which suits him pretty well IMO.

@legan: how good is milk! concidered? post your vids in gaws matchup discussion, they will think you played with hacks.
Milk is good but he doesnt main G&W so I dont think itd really be necessary. If they dont think that link can keep up with G&W than tell them to ask Needle of Juntah about me.

man, that was sick. i love your 'rang to jab lock. I've been experimenting with the same thing, but I didn't know if it would work against people at pro level. Nice to see that it does. Every time i watch a match of yours, i have to go and practice my pivot boosting. Great stuff.

Edit: Wouldn't it be better to pivot boost into the jab lock after the boomerang? I do it myself, and it seems to get me there more quickly than just walking forward, plus the potential for a ftilt or dsmash, among other things.
Ive never actually thought to pivot into the jablock, it just seems alot easier for me to just walk up during their hitstun but if it works better for you than go for it.

Best bump EVER.

Sick matches, Legan. One tip you might wanna consider is when you're jab locking to take smaller steps so they don't DI behind you all of a sudden...still put a tear in my eye.

Mackman...if you take advantage of smooth boots you can get a sliding jab which will help in that tiny crucial period of time to reach them.
Ill keep that in mind, thanks odd

Dear lord...and this guy doesn't own a wii? WTH

Ok, I'm stating this right now. Everyone here pivot boosts except Legan. He moonwalks. That is all.
As always <3 Sasook.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I was sketchy on whether or not you even wanted to see more link matches after all the vids that have been posted. I find it easier to teach people through my matches than giving critiques so if people learn from them than thats a win in my book.

PS: Try not to completely rip off my style if you can help it though

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
PS: Try not to completely rip off my style if you can help it though

You're so crazy inventive we'll always be three steps behind :p

Don't worry about spamming videos of you...they're crazy fun to watch.:laugh:

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I noticed everyone is using the gold tunic and I love it! Keep using it and leave me the green fairy boys.

Don't think you'll be shaking me off my green tunic anytime soon buddy. <3 lol

Great matches, and lol @ the ridiculous moments. Death by footstool and judgement. xD

Kief

Smash Ace
i love how you opened that second sonic match with a dair. he was probably like WTF?!?! :laugh:

and marsulas is right nobody fights like you. way to be original. anyway awesome vids.

p.s. i use the green tunic as well but i wouldn't worry about seeing my link around anytime soon. i have a ways to go before i get that good lol.

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
**** legan good ****.

one thing i noticed though.. a lot of times you did something where you ran back a bit and threw a boomerang at them. sometimes this set up for jab locks but they began shielding a lot and punishing you. so you just just pivot grab or something. mix it up. i'm sure i saw you do it once or twice.

other than getting more grabs on them for pressure, you did really well. you're using sh b-airs > dj more moves and it makes you look really fast lol.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I get asked that alot because most people know that i dont own a wii and I only get to play this game occasionly. I think it's because im like A.D.D. Theres some psychological thing about it that makes people with A.D.D really creative with whatever we put our minds to.
Oh, i also know alot of AT's, that helps.
LOL! Never thought about it like that. So that's why I'm the only one out of my friends who can pull off maining link.

A.D.D. LINK...oh look, a chicken...

...oh, sry...A.D.D. LINK MAINS FTW!!! xD

Legan

Smash Lord
Or it makes you play really slow and boring with a lack of AT's xD.
Slow & Boring wins the race. Except I wouldn't really call you slow & boring anymore, you've gotten pretty **** quick. Watching someone with almost a completely opposite play style of mine is pretty entertaining from my viewpoint.

A.D.D FTW though, thats the best AT you've picked up.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yeah me too. >_> I'd love to jab lock more but it's hard to pull off. Most of my opponents are good at teching the floor as of late (they really wanted to learn it >_>) and now I can't seem to use it. I'll work on it.

Also this post was typed on the Wii. I'm using a keyboard. You guys should see the letters just go and go and go and go and go.

ADD ftw. That explains the "go and go and go and go and go" thing lol

FUN STUFF!

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I walked Gimpyfish across the stage with a jablock the other day :)

I'm starting to believe that Spin Attack is better for ending a jablock than F-Smash because it comes out faster than F-Smash so you can charge it for a few frames longer and chances are since it's not super used like F-Smash there won't be a single use of it in Queue over F-Smash in your 9 stale move list.

Whats your opinion on that, Legan?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace

I'm starting to believe that Spin Attack is better for ending a jablock than F-Smash because it comes out faster than F-Smash so you can charge it for a few frames longer and chances are since it's not super used like F-Smash there won't be a single use of it in Queue over F-Smash in your 9 stale move list.

Well I ain't no Legan but I'll give my opinion.

Stick with Fsmash.

Why?

Well, sure, maybe your Fsmash is stale, but that fact is negligble like 99% of the time. If you're doing a jab lock, the fact of the matter is you've either had enough jabs to refresh your Fsmash, or that the jab lock isn't long enough to land a KO in the first place, or that it started at an already high % and even a stale Fsmash will KO.

But the real advantage the Fsmash offers over upB is that you are safe. Fsmash has great range where you can charge from a distance where your opponent's rising attack can't reach you. The upB doesn't have this luxury, so while it may be more powerful at times, and a full charged upB is indeed Link's strongest attack, the safety and higher garantee of landing a hit that the Fsmash offers makes it a better option in my eyes.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
In response to what someone mentioned about me earlier, and what Legan said, I do main G&W now, and that judgment just cracked me up.
I was ahead about 60% I believe, so I was like.."Maybe I got this, awesome!", then decided to try Judgment, for the hell of it, and boom, got a 9.
When playing this man, don't think for a second you have a lead though, he'll catch up in a split second.

sasook

Smash Champion
That wasn't the one when you 3 stocked me was it? That match was hilarious. XD
No lol, it was on PS1. You uploaded it already.

Well I ain't no Legan but I'll give my opinion.

Stick with Fsmash.

Why?

Well, sure, maybe your Fsmash is stale, but that fact is negligble like 99% of the time. If you're doing a jab lock, the fact of the matter is you've either had enough jabs to refresh your Fsmash, or that the jab lock isn't long enough to land a KO in the first place, or that it started at an already high % and even a stale Fsmash will KO.

But the real advantage the Fsmash offers over upB is that you are safe. Fsmash has great range where you can charge from a distance where your opponent's rising attack can't reach you. The upB doesn't have this luxury, so while it may be more powerful at times, and a full charged upB is indeed Link's strongest attack, the safety and higher garantee of landing a hit that the Fsmash offers makes it a better option in my eyes.
Pretty much everything that Blubba said, except I dunno if they can do get up attacks out of a jab lock. I thought it's the standup only. Regardless, I remember Arkive saying if you whiff a spin attack you're absolutely doomed, but if you whiff an fsmash, at least you're safe.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Whiffing a spin attack is probably the worst case scenario....I'd love to know how many frames the first hit box lasts...would be really helpful. If you spin attack too late you might get perfect shielded and attacked...if you do it way too fast and hit them with the second hit box you'll knock them back still probably far enough so they can't retaliate (especially if they're at high percent off the stage). When someone is in a jablock they can't tech attack while you're charging.

If the spin attack is only like one frame for the first powerful hitbox then I wouldn't wanna do it... but if it has more than 1 and you let it go before your opponent is able to get hit and count on the first hitbox to still be there a few frames before they're up I can see it being the best.

If you can get the rhythm to jab lock a person you should be able to smack them at the appropriate time to not get shielded :p

sasook

Smash Champion
Still, there's that CHANCE that it can happen. You wanna get rid of that chance. So I say stick with fsmash.

To be honest, I like SH not FF dair sometimes...because if they shield, I'm safe (dair bounce), and if they don't.....well booya.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Yeah Sasook, they have all the options that anyone would normally have when lying on the ground. The thing that tends to make them stand up is the fact that if they are holding any kind of input before the time they are given the options by the game, it will make them do a normal stand up; basically put, the bouncing f*cks up their timing to do what they want usually. But if they wait till the proper time they can do anything as per normal.

sasook

Smash Champion
OHHHHH that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

(A few times I've done the jab lock, and started to charge an fsmash, and they just roll away and im like -__-" how did he do that...)

Deva

Smash Lord
So I actually tried using the jab lock competitively the other day, just to give an AT a shot for once. I quickly realized why I dont use many ATs since after the first jab my opponent smash DI'd every jab after and no jabs hit after that. If anything, against good players, a jab lock is only good for 1 hit to make a forced get up so you can land a free kill move, nothing more.

Hue

Smash Cadet
Isn't it still useful for building damage at lower percents, or does the smash DI move them so much even then that you can't reach them? Would doing the pivot boost jab lock be a viable solution to an opponent DI'ing the jabs?

Deva

Smash Lord
no, yes, and no

if the opponent is good and knows how to constantly DI out of multi hit moves/ etc, they will smash DI the jab lock after the first hit, if not on the first hit, and if you're lucky you might get off 1 more jab. Just do one jab lock to a free kill move, it's the only consistant use for the technique, or if your opponent isnt good at smash DI lol. In that case, go ahead and jab lock them all day =P.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
So I actually tried using the jab lock competitively the other day, just to give an AT a shot for once. I quickly realized why I dont use many ATs since after the first jab my opponent smash DI'd every jab after and no jabs hit after that. If anything, against good players, a jab lock is only good for 1 hit to make a forced get up so you can land a free kill move, nothing more.
Which way did he go when he DI'd? Can you paint a brighter picture for how it looked like...? How he looked like, how you looked like for reference?

Hue

Smash Cadet
To escape the jab lock, I'm pretty sure you DI/Smash DI away from Link, in the direction the jab lock is moving. It sort of makes it like trying to jab lock at high percents, because of how far they move each time you don't have time to get there to jab them before they get up.

Deva

Smash Lord
basically. After 1 jab he moved about another sword length away from me so I couldnt even move in far enough to initiate another jab.

Top Bottom