• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legan vs Overswarm(MK) Tourney Match

Legan

Smash Lord
Alright so we are on this longass car ride to indiana for about 5 & a half hours and were exhausted as balls.

we had a packed car and there was like no room for my bigass so we just threw arkive in the back on top of the luggage. So we are like 0.5 miles away from the venue and we can taste freedom when all of a sudden the cops come out of nowhere and pull us over.

So they walk up to the car, shining lights in the windows and ask to see all our I.D's. So we give them all the I.D's except for Arkives because I was pretty sure he didnt notice him. The ****** kept trying to give give me his I.D to give the cops and Im like "Dude Im not giving the cops the I.D of some guy laying in the back back of an explorer". I mean that would be a super fine and the cop was already thought we had drugs on us seeing we had 2 black guys a mexican and Im just gunna assume Arkive and 8bit are jewish. So after shining their lights through the truck and looking around the exterior they go back to their car.

so we are sittin there and I say "How you doin back their Arkive?" and I turn around and look at him and hes got these HUGE *** eyes and hes like shakin and he says "Im FREAKIN out man".

youd have to be there to get the full effect of it because 1. He said Im Freakin out just how Id imagine shaggy from scooby do would say it and 2. He was so **** scared.

In the end Fino got a speeding ticket and we went on to blaze & amaze everyone at the tourney. True Story

Finns7

Smash Ace
LOL, thats what happened :D, Wow you should of recorded the whole process somehow Id pay to see it.

Legan

Smash Lord
It was like -20 degrees and we had ice all over the windshields so you couldnt see clearly in the car. He pretty much blended in with the luggage and he has a blanket over his body.

I think what got him so nervous is when the cop was like " I dont need to whip out the canine to sniff through the back do I?"

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Alright so we are on this longass car ride to indiana for about 5 & a half hours and were exhausted as balls.

we had a packed car and there was like no room for my bigass so we just threw arkive in the back on top of the luggage. So we are like 0.5 miles away from the venue and we can taste freedom when all of a sudden the cops come out of nowhere and pull us over.

So they walk up to the car, shining lights in the windows and ask to see all our I.D's. So we give them all the I.D's except for Arkives because I was pretty sure he didnt notice him. The ****** kept trying to give give me his I.D to give the cops and Im like "Dude Im not giving the cops the I.D of some guy laying in the back back of an explorer". I mean that would be a super fine and the cop was already thought we had drugs on us seeing we had 2 black guys a mexican and Im just gunna assume Arkive and 8bit are jewish. So after shining their lights through the truck and looking around the exterior they go back to their car.

so we are sittin there and I say "How you doin back their Arkive?" and I turn around and look at him and hes got these HUGE *** eyes and hes like shakin and he says "Im FREAKIN out man".

youd have to be there to get the full effect of it because 1. He said Im Freakin out just how Id imagine shaggy from scooby do would say it and 2. He was so **** scared.

In the end Fino got a speeding ticket and we went on to blaze & amaze everyone at the tourney. True Story

i think something goes wrong every time kc travels to tournaments. i'm pretty sure they got pulled over when they came to kirksville. they may have hit a deer too? i don't remember.

D

Deleted member

we had to ****ing spot dodge like 8 deer and barrel roll and oncoming car at 65 mph, then we get pulled over for going 15 over

i have a very bad time with cops lol, every time a cop shows up when i'm skating, my *** is GONE. you've never seen a mexican looking dude run faster.

legan is a #baddie, fcking calling me jewish, who is this kid lol

Crow!

Smash Lord
From my experience, Delfino plaza = MK wins, against basically every character. The already silly shuttle loop becomes absurd with the soft bottom platform, as do all the rest of his moves. I'd almost say vs MK on Delfino is the worst possible scenario for Link to be in; I'd even prefer FD.

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
that was pro
dont forget arkive left the wii in indiana...

also legan that metal slug boss is impossible ive tried like 500 times and fail. i give up

Legan

Smash Lord
that was pro
dont forget arkive left the wii in indiana...

also legan that metal slug boss is impossible ive tried like 500 times and fail. i give up
Who needs a wii anyway? Tell sean to just not play brawl and just **** it up at tourneys and hell do better.

Lol, ****it Legan, i heard you used TL in a friendly match, I almost cried IRL.
Sorry I failed you D:

Deva

Smash Lord
No he isn't, I heard he enjoyed every last, twisted moment of it. Not only that, Legan is now the new spokesperson for the ToonLink'sRUsAndNotGay campaign. >:O

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
One question: Has OverSwarm ever been DQ'd for stalling? I mean the guy just waits for YOU to APPROACH him. Ex. Second match at 1:36-1:50 and at 2:18-2:30.

Also that brawl on water is friggin entertaining to watch. Don't land in the water! lol

Good matches. Keep at it.

Chip.

you know what to do
Wow Link is so terrible lol.

I have no idea why you guys would use him instead of toon Link anyway LMAO. =P

except Deva <33

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Wow Link is so terrible lol.

I have no idea why you guys would use him instead of toon Link anyway LMAO. =P

except Deva <33
that's not even a question man. only real men use Link

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Heh, I dont visit the Link boards too often. :p I had a real nice set with you Legan. :D They were VERY close matches. Hope to play you again next time IRL. See you in AiB chatroom.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I want to see the doubles matches with you and steeler, legan.

Go team "our characters suck but we're pro at this game anyway"

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
moar "Z" button Legan! :) I saw about 3 opportunities when you were above Meta Knight's tornado with a bomb and you airdodged. D:

Other than that, the matches were really pro. OS + Meta Knight = :urg:. At least you beat him in the MM, riiiight?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I want to see the doubles matches with you and steeler, legan.

Go team "our characters suck but we're pro at this game anyway"
there aren't any videos :(

you should have seen it, after my stupid ivy *** got itself gimped, legan was pretty much going even with team blood panda.

i felt so guilty lol

arkive is now the permanent stowaway btw.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Legan I love your Link and your easily top 3 imo, but there's a couple things you do that I question:

-You love a standing boomerang in an attempt to setup jab locks and combos. I've tried this but I just feel like it's highly punishable, it's one of those high risk/high reward type things. Your such a good player that you cna get away with it in a lot of cases.....but somebody who studies your playstyle like OS did will notice this and capitilize on this.

-You fair into peoples shields a decent amount. I have no idea whether this is just something you prefer or if most Link players do this....but isn't this really punishable on block?

-Jab to grab, I don't know about this one too much. You seem to have a complete understanding of when to risk it......but I seem to be getting my a$$ punished a lot for trying to grab.

- Pivot grabbing, i've actually been looking a lot into this lately and it seems decent....it would be really good combined with all the projectile camping if it wasn't so risky

Just wanting a few comments on those observations if you don't mind.

sasook

Smash Champion
Legan covers the boomerang's standing lag with his backstep. It's like one of his many signature things.

Very rarely does Legan throw a standing boomerang without running away a step or 2 first.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yeah, I also noticed the standing boomerang Legan usually throws in various vids. I usually short hop mine. For me, short hopping the rang will keep me moving, so I can quickly follow up with another move upon landing. But hey, that's Legan...

Legan

Smash Lord
Legan I love your Link and your easily top 3 imo, but there's a couple things you do that I question:

-You love a standing boomerang in an attempt to setup jab locks and combos. I've tried this but I just feel like it's highly punishable, it's one of those high risk/high reward type things. Your such a good player that you cna get away with it in a lot of cases.....but somebody who studies your playstyle like OS did will notice this and capitilize on this.

-You fair into peoples shields a decent amount. I have no idea whether this is just something you prefer or if most Link players do this....but isn't this really punishable on block?

-Jab to grab, I don't know about this one too much. You seem to have a complete understanding of when to risk it......but I seem to be getting my a$$ punished a lot for trying to grab.

- Pivot grabbing, i've actually been looking a lot into this lately and it seems decent....it would be really good combined with all the projectile camping if it wasn't so risky

Just wanting a few comments on those observations if you don't mind.
1. Yea the boomerang stutter step is good but It's just a bad habit I need to break doing it so frequently.

2.If you space the fair correctly than you can usually get out a jab before most opponents can retaliate.

3.How do you get punished from jab to grab? Jab once, if it gets blocked than u retreat. If u hit with it than go ahead and grab.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
1. Yea the boomerang stutter step is good but It's just a bad habit I need to break doing it so frequently.

2.If you space the fair correctly than you can usually get out a jab before most opponents can retaliate.

3.How do you get punished from jab to grab? Jab once, if it gets blocked than u retreat. If u hit with it than go ahead and grab.
Boomerang could be stutter steped? I didn't know that. Though, wouldn't that leave you in a situation where you could be punished more easier than when you throw a boomerang normally, if you're trying to setup jab locks?

Finns7

Smash Ace
Well it ^ kinda is a mindgame imo the sudden dash makes them react diff then if you throw it normal. Personally though its situational I find that airal rangs have there uses also if you dont want to be a sitting duck as much.

They should be able to DI the first jab and when you grab it leaves you open. This depends on who your playing, you should be able to read and pickup how your opponent plays. My irl opponents DI that **** so I do the 2 hit jab to grab which still isnt guaranteed.

Pivot grabbing will be the new form of seks with link im sure of it, just experiment with it...

Links playstyle is diff for everyone so.....what ever works for you and who your playing....

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Watching Legan's example, the stutter step seems like one of the best ways to set up a jab lock. I'm trying to implement it into my jab game.
To be honest I'm very afraid to grab now. I do it too often and get punished for it all the time. I've gotta cut back. Until I can learn to grab more effectively I'll put pivot-grabbing on the side for later. :\

Top Bottom