• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legan vs Overswarm(MK) Tourney Match

Legan

Smash Lord
I guess Ill just resurrect this this thread whenever I get some new vids up instead of making new ones.
I know theres been like a billion video threads up so Im not even sure if I should post this but whatever, you guys might learn somethin from it.

I noticed everyone is using the gold tunic and I love it! Keep using it and leave me the green fairy boys.
New*

Newest

You can already tell the outcome by the number of matches but I suggest you watch and learn from them anyway. I had beaten him in a money match the night before so as always he analyzed the crap out of my playstyle and learned to counter it. He also banned norfair (Why does no1 ever think to ban norfair against links?) so the only other place I thought of was Delfino. OS plays a Campy but very smart MK, he makes the right moves at the right time and my lack of experience is what cost me the match. These were pretty epic either way not to mention there was like 20 people watching it so I was a bit nervous. This was another great learning experience and I only plan on doing better next time.

PS. You guys would have loved seeing Arkive when we got pulled over by the Cops.

Results
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216786
Tied 17/64

Vs Overwarm (MK) Tourney match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCTR39-cDCM&feature=channel_page

Vs OS (MK) Tourney Match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T61xu0jCDMU&feature=channel_page

Vs Tucker Sonic1
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=rJYgTobSg4Q&feature=channel_page

Vs Tucker Sonic2
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kRrngeqTyHk&feature=channel

Vs Milk G&W (I hate you Luke)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=rNhhkilOiFU&feature=channel

vs Milk G&W
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=TOkh3FqrfeQ&feature=channel_page

Old
This is the money match that I had with Overswarms [Undisputed best Rob in the U.S] reinvented ROB. This is what I was told by Samurai Panda. He felt before that the ROB metagame wasnt advancing well so he and the SBR got together and made this crazy new ROB style that consisted of the good ol campyness of old robot combined with a crazy aggressive style. I really wasnt prepared for this.

Legan(Link) vs Overswarm(ROB Reborn!) 1-Watch closely at 4:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEySCHiA3Rk

Legan(Link) Vs Overswarm(Rob Reborn!) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb084O3o1cc

Legan (Link) vs Ryzen (Falco) 1-3 (2& 3 will rock your worlds i promise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhPoXlgnNUk 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQSkALXSxQ 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAIlB1MHwTs 3

D

Deleted member

wow dude your pivot boosts are sexy lol

good s*** as always

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
MIND GAMESSSSSS! holy sh*t, I watched the match vs. wario and towards the end there were some beautiful mind games... my favorite was jab->dodge roll- jab cancel->grab. Nice job, man, keep up the good work.

P.S. Don't go to any Illinois tournaments, or I'll get ***** lol

Bouse

Smash Ace
The ZSS needs work <_<; Just tell him Dsmash-->KO move... Dsmash-->Up+B is only a combo if your opponent can't tech. I could have named like 7 times you should have died yet due to his incompetence you lived.

The Wario match was balls-out awesome though.

Legan

Smash Lord
The ZSS needs work <_<; Just tell him Dsmash-->KO move... Dsmash-->Up+B is only a combo if your opponent can't tech. I could have named like 7 times you should have died yet due to his incompetence you lived.

The Wario match was balls-out awesome though.
Yea, ZSS isnt his main, It's actually D3 that hes uses and ***** with. All those matches are like 6min long and i didnt feel like uploading them at the time. Ill put the Rob and D3 up tonight, those are the real nice matches.

Legan

Smash Lord
......Why are you so good? Why is everyone here so good?
I get asked that alot because most people know that i dont own a wii and I only get to play this game occasionly. I think it's because im like A.D.D. Theres some psychological thing about it that makes people with A.D.D really creative with whatever we put our minds too.
Oh, i also know alot of AT's, that helps.

sasook

Smash Champion
WHHATTTT you don't even own a wii? That depresses me even further. Watching all you godly Links depresses me.

mventre

Smash Apprentice
nice matches legan ..if you're ever on sometime hit me up ..i haven't played you in awhile ..i sent you my brawl code in a PM awhile ago

Legan

Smash Lord
WHHATTTT you don't even own a wii? That depresses me even further. Watching all you godly Links depresses me.
I was hoping more to inspire, if i knew that putting up vids would depress people than i wouldnt put them up at all lol. Watch better players and learn. Thats how most people do it.

Ok mventre, ill have to readd you when i get a wii.

sasook

Smash Champion
I was hoping more to inspire, if i knew that putting up vids would depress people than i wouldnt put them up at all lol. Watch better players and learn. Thats how most people do it.
Yeah it's just that every time I think "alright my Link is finally decent" I see someone like you, or ArkiveZero, or Deva (and there are plenty others I don't feel like listing) and I realize "dang it, I suck."

I only have two matches on youtube, but I don't feel like asking people to judge them. I foresee a ton of criticism which might not be constructive.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Wow, really nice stuff... o-o Do you know about the jab lock though? There were a few times during the ZSS match that you coulda got it off...

Anyway, great Link you got thar... =P

Legan

Smash Lord
Wow, really nice stuff... o-o Do you know about the jab lock though? There were a few times during the ZSS match that you coulda got it off...

Anyway, great Link you got thar... =P
Yea I know about jablocking, I screwed it up alot in these vids because I dont get to practice outside of matches (ex: The uptilt into the boomerang in the wario vid was supposed to be a lock but i turned around for some reason lol.). Ill have some vids later this week with me pulling it off perfectly though.

oliwonder

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7363-3324-0043
wow dude your pivot boosts are sexy lol

good s*** as always
i was gonna say the same exact thing haha. The best thing I liked in the Wario match was the double jab to retreating pivot grab. The guy had no idea i bet he was thinking wtf did he really just hit me then run away and grab me haha. These are great showcases for Link's ATs during an actual match. Good Sh*t!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yea I know about jablocking, I screwed it up alot in these vids because I dont get to practice outside of matches (ex: The uptilt into the boomerang in the wario vid was supposed to be a lock but i turned around for some reason lol.). Ill have some vids later this week with me pulling it off perfectly though.
Yeah, that's what I thought... =P It looked like you were trying to lock him a few times... And since you don't have a Wii, it's understandable that you can't practice it that much... Still, work on that whenever you can and you'll be set...

4Serial

Smash Lord
Then it would explain why you're so good at Brawl. Every Link player I see here has played Melee competitively (you, deva, skler, blubba). Did Izaw/Arkive/Doplins22 play Melee? I'm not too sure about them though I'm assuming Arkive has.

To every new Link player out here: If you want to be good at Brawl, play Melee.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Then it would explain why you're so good at Brawl. Every Link player I see here has played Melee competitively (you, deva, skler, blubba). Did Izaw/Arkive/Doplins22 play Melee? I'm not too sure about them though I'm assuming Arkive has.

does playing as fox (uncompetitively) count? I could wavedash/waveshine/SFFLC/everything else in the fox guides.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I played melee but not competitively, I think I was good though. I think it does help to have played melee even though brawl link is different. Legan your link is good and has its own style. I want to see more though.

D

Deleted member

i played melee, but i joined so late i never really got any tourney experience or any experience at all

but i did place 25th at the first tourney i went to. i left early because i didnt know wtf was going on and i left after pools ended lol....maybe i could of placed higher idk.

ask legan how bad i am at melee now though lol, ask him how many times i SD in a match rofl XD

oliwonder

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7363-3324-0043
i still play melee more than brawl caz all my friends like it better still haha it's so hard now tho caz i play "brawl link" in melee. Zairs and Usmashes are not good in melee at all haha.

This leads to a good question: Which Link do you think is a better Link; Brawl or Melee Link? IMO, I like brawl Link better because he has much more specific ATs, approaches, and options compared to Melee, therefore making him much more interesting and fun to play with, and has a higher chance of winning against "top tier" characters. Although I still like how fast Melee Link is played and his combos. I'd like to hear what you guys think.

4Serial

Smash Lord
LOL I started a Melee discussion in the Brawl boards that didn't involve a war. I knew the Link players were the chillest.

Yeeaaaahhh Deva is **** in Melee. Skler is too. If Skler was still playing Brawl, I have no doubt in my mind that he would move Link up the list.

We've had this discussion before.. Most experienced players will say that Melee Link is better than Brawl Link. Melee Link had a better recovery, his n-air was better, his spin attack was stronger, he could l-cancel, he had a bomb with more combo ability, he could combo! Brawl Link has z-air, DAC, killer bombs, more useful tilts, a better jab, better arrows and some other random stuff. You can argue about the boomerang and f-air and such. And then there's the game physics like general floatiness, autosweetspot, auto tethers, etc that would be put into consideration..

Melee Link could get farther if it wasn't for Sheik! Brawl Link could get farther if it wasn't for his own god **** recovery..

whaaatt arkive, i joined swf just before summer like you! I'm not amazing at melee, but i'm inspired to be by the people i play with once in a while at tourneys and stuff. Maybe you don't live in smash area? =[ lol, i sd in brawl way more than i do in melee. i don't get gimped by his own up+b! but hey, if you made it out of pools in your first tourney, then good ****!

And good **** Legan. Brawl in general isn't very fun for me to watch, but it's different when amazing Links play ^^

D

Deleted member

dude i live in missouri, there's like 4 people that know what smash is in missouri lol...
(extreme un-exaggeration but you know what im going for)

but yea my area isnt smash active at all, until brawl the only people i've ever played smash against (cept for the tourney) was my brother and my friend Tanooki.

oliwonder

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7363-3324-0043
how long ago was this discussion? caz i think with all the recent videos we can see more development and improvement of brawl link that may be enough to change opinions, but maybe that's just me ha.

Legan

Smash Lord
Thanks for all the good comments guys, I still got some Really good matches id like to upload in the next day so you should really checkem out if you wanna see some good snake, rob & samus matches.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
That rob vid was cool. Your spacing was probably the best thing about that match (as well as that crazy pivot slide down smash).

That D3 comeback was great also, too bad you couldn't get that last hit you needed though. One thing I thought would have been cool though is, at 5:09, I think it was a perfect opportunity to use the bomb drop to dair edgeguard. It might have even finished him of if both the bomb and the dair hit.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Legan, your videos are pretty awesome. I wish I could do that old melee tricks better, like the shorthop f-air from the ledge, and the zair better. The d3 video was so close, I was hoping for you to come back. Do you know any really good Wolf's? We have a lack of Link vrs Wolf videos, I suppose I should post some soon, it is just hard to find a tv capable of doing that. I hope Deva posts some videos versus Chip soon. Also, anyone hear about Kyari's money matches versus Overswarm? He posted a few videos, and then he just kinda disapeared...

Legan

Smash Lord
Legan, your videos are pretty awesome. I wish I could do that old melee tricks better, like the shorthop f-air from the ledge, and the zair better. The d3 video was so close, I was hoping for you to come back. Do you know any really good Wolf's? We have a lack of Link vrs Wolf videos, I suppose I should post some soon, it is just hard to find a tv capable of doing that. I hope Deva posts some videos versus Chip soon. Also, anyone hear about Kyari's money matches versus Overswarm? He posted a few videos, and then he just kinda disapeared...
Thanks, Ill be playing omniswell(top wolf in mw) at an upcoming tournament, ill be sure to get some matches recorded.. Kyari will be at the tourney as well, Hes got a nice link but he doesnt main him or use him in tourneys.

Kyari? A Link player? Never heard of him. But if it's a good mm vs Overswarm, I'd love to see it.
Ill be mm'ing OS at the upcoming midwest circuit on the 13. Ill get those matches recorded as well.

sasook

Smash Champion
Legan.....you leave me speechless yet again, and very jealous too.

You are by far my favorite Link player to watch. Dunno if that means much since I'm no good, but yeah

D

Deleted member

legan dont be such a fat guy :p. D3 isn't that bad of a match, plus you had like a million opportunities that you could of killed that guy with an easy ftilt or up b. i'm digging your jab locks though @_@

but yea rob is gay down to every last bolt. your mindrape was nasty in that match for sure.

btw stop wavedashing around, those pivot boosts are too wicked lol.
you're making me and Deva look bad :p

finally, is shield dashing useful at all? you used it a lot in that rob match. i've never used it so i wouldnt know lol

Top Bottom