• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legan vs Overswarm(MK) Tourney Match

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
It would be pretty awesome to see a legan vs izaw match...because you two are the best Links i've seen and I really can't choose between you two!

Izaw

Smash Ace
Very nice matches Legan .. but I can't help to notice that you dont DAC anymore :<?

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I can't help but be a bit dissapointed in the D3 match. I know that I couldn't have done any better, but there were a million oppotunities to Zair and Ftilt. The R.O.B. match was insane though, especially when you pivot boosted into the Dsmash.

Also, whats up with the sheild thing? Dash->Sheild->Dash->Sheild? Used a lot in the R.O.B. match...

Legan

Smash Lord
legan dont be such a fat guy :p. D3 isn't that bad of a match, plus you had like a million opportunities that you could of killed that guy with an easy ftilt or up b. i'm digging your jab locks though @_@

but yea rob is gay down to every last bolt. your mindrape was nasty in that match for sure.

btw stop wavedashing around, those pivot boosts are too wicked lol.
you're making me and Deva look bad :p

finally, is shield dashing useful at all? you used it a lot in that rob match. i've never used it so i wouldnt know lol
D3 is a ******** matchup, one powershield from him and its a chaingrab across the stage to a auto release to a stage spike. Yea shield dashing is pretty good, I use it to to switch up my game and to approach certain characters.

Very nice matches Legan .. but I can't help to notice that you dont DAC anymore :<?
Thanks man, I still use DAC but it's very situational for me. I only use it to follow up for a combo or if I read my opponents DI. It's very punishable at higher lvls of play. Thanks for showing me that zair--->bomb-->DAC setup, Ive found myself using that alot.

I can't help but be a bit dissapointed in the D3 match. I know that I couldn't have done any better, but there were a million oppotunities to Zair and Ftilt. The R.O.B. match was insane though, especially when you pivot boosted into the Dsmash.

Also, whats up with the sheild thing? Dash->Sheild->Dash->Sheild? Used a lot in the R.O.B. match...
Aww, dont be so critical about missed opportunities, trust me when I say that you want to choose your moves with DDD carefully. Zairs can be powershielded and ftil has a good bit of lag. It only takes one wrong move for DDD to grab you, alot of the time it doesnt even take a wrong move because his grab is virtually instant. But I understand the dissapointment, Link is all about always knowing what to do at the right time and i totally had some brainfarts at times. I need to to talk to Deva about this matchup though. The shield dash is what i use to retreat and approach sometimes. It also kinda mindgames your opponent.

Finns7

Smash Ace
You can combo a d3 at low percents and even med percents easily but it can all be for nothing with that CG. You had chances to kill that d3 at the end but Im sure your aware of that after you saw the replay. When im playing espeacially against someone good, and its a close match sometimes nerves get the best of me and I do the safest/ most trusted move. The rob match was good too man. I thought D3 was a noobsauce char but When I played this d3 who is like top 20 on allibrawl ladder I learned to respect them more and be more careful about my approach because Link can be easily edgeguarded once the D3 has had his way with you.

Dac can get you ***** if your playing against someone good because it can missfire sometimes, I use it in the right situations. I need to show you guys some of my matches, I pull off....I cant even say Im getting close to achieving the broken level. Legan your pivotboost game is good and all Link mainers who are serious about being good with Link should learn this because it really helps links mobility and he can chain attacks together with ease.

Deva

Smash Lord
Zomg Legan, I have ADD too o_0

concidence??? lol

great matches BTW, Really liked your spacing and that smexy pivot slide d-smash =P. My only gripe, and believe me this is gonna sound really dumb, cuz I'm a sucker for asthetics, but when shield dashing you need to make it look....more fluid. I seriously love shield dashing, just started using it in my game recently, and it adds great movement mindgames, and again, this has nothing to do with your use of it in mindgames or anything lol, so no worries. It just seemed overused at points when you were using it for show. It helps to add turn around shield dashes and a quick double jump to another shield dash. But yeah, that's my " make your Link look sexier" advice for the day XD. In the matches though you did great. As far as D3, when I played DSF in a mm he refused to CG me >_>....so I'll have to get back to you on that one, but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I have ADD also... ALL LINK PLAYERS HAVE ADD! :O lol maybe not but 2 of the best here do O_o WHICH MEANS I'M ALSO DA GR8EST RITE GAIS? Jk but anyway, I can't get shield dashing down. :< I'd like to, but I can't get the timing. Any advice, Deva? (lol Deva is an anagram of Dave, learned via a typo)

Deva

Smash Lord
Hold dash while pressing shield. If you let go of the joy stick it tends not to work.

and actually Deva is my name irl >_> XD.

D

Deleted member

ok we get it jesus, link mains have add

cept for me cuz im pro status :D

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I now feel left out. I don't have ADD. :|

You convinced me to abuse the daylights out of jab canceling. Those setups were sweet.

Deva

Smash Lord
Breaking News !!!!!!!:

Arkive loses his pro status after a background check revealed a lack of ADD o_0.

D

Deleted member

Breaking News !!!!!!!:

Arkive loses his pro status after a background check revealed a lack of ADD o_0.
Nooooooo!!!!!

lol i'll just throw a shiny red ball next time we play deva, you'll get sidetracked and ill win!!

Deva

Smash Lord
Noooo!!!!!!

Not the shiny red ball....XD, that's my one weakness................

oh look a butterfly =D

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
Legan, I watched those vids, you're great! I was wondering though...how do you do the edge tricks so well? I cant do a boomarang fromt eh edge :( Any tips?

sasook

Smash Champion
The best Links I've seen are the ones you mentioned, along with ArkiveZero and Force.

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
The best Links I've seen are the ones you mentioned, along with ArkiveZero and Force.
I havn't seen those guys, yet. I just joined smash boards, my friends told me I was a good Link and that if I wanted to be great I'd have to be able to compete with the best Link users here. Hopefully I can face them sometime.

sasook

Smash Champion
They're all on youtube, just search their names. Except Legan, his is something different (can't remember).

I thought I had a good Link too......til I came here lol. But I'm improving everyday, at least, I think I am.

BTW, welcome!

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
They're all on youtube, just search their names. Except Legan, his is something different (can't remember).

I thought I had a good Link too......til I came here lol. But I'm improving everyday, at least, I think I am.

BTW, welcome!
Thanks ^_^

I guess everyone is cocky a bit, till they're silenced by the pros lol. anyway I'll check it out.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Holy crap Legan, you just keep getting better everyday. I'm going to have to work extremely hard to keep up with you know, especially since I lack offline opponents that are any good.

Deva

Smash Lord
Actually, I only used to take redellin, and I've been off of it for a loooong time lol, but a friend just told me what Adderol can do since he has a prescription o_0. I think I might take one before the next tournament just to see what it does lol. From the way he makes it sound I'll be able to beat someone like DSF no trouble lol.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I only used to take redellin, and I've been off of it for a loooong time lol, but a friend just told me what Adderol can do since he has a prescription o_0. I think I might take one before the next tournament just to see what it does lol. From the way he makes it sound I'll be able to beat someone like DSF no trouble lol.
no hacking irl

L!nk2D

Smash Rookie
Nooooooo!!!!!

lol i'll just throw a shiny red ball next time we play deva, you'll get sidetracked and ill win!!
Noooo!!!!!!

Not the shiny red ball....XD, that's my one weakness................

oh look a butterfly =D[/quote]

these SO made my day

but actually i just wanted to make you some compliments, you're definitly one of my favourite link players to watch& learn from.

will ya get your own wii soon ? cuz id L
VE to brawl you !

Jink

Smash Apprentice
Legan, very good, you are very consistent with ATs at their times, but you gotta trust more on GB's returning catch, there were few missed opportunities.

But it was one hype-of-a-ride watching your matches, very entertaining.

Thanks and Keep Up!
;)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
What's up Legan...I'm the Kirby you beat in the Losers Bracket the first Match In Indiana hahaha...I also Main Link...I wanted to play you wit my Link but I never got the Chance to. I kinda feel like I disrespect People when I play them with there own character and i ain't wanna do that cause you're truly good with Him...Hopefully we can play soon and Whenever the Next tournament comes I hope I get to see you again...and I know things will go much more differently haha....Take care Fam.

Legan

Smash Lord
What's up Legan...I'm the Kirby you beat in the Losers Bracket the first Match In Indiana hahaha...I also Main Link...I wanted to play you wit my Link but I never got the Chance to. I kinda feel like I disrespect People when I play them with there own character and i ain't wanna do that cause you're truly good with Him...Hopefully we can play soon and Whenever the Next tournament comes I hope I get to see you again...and I know things will go much more differently haha....Take care Fam.
Most definately man, It was hellaciously fun playin with you & your crew. Your kirby definately kept me on my toes. Id be up for link dittos next time forsure & mayb i can give you a few tips as well. Let the rest of the ohio crew they got my utmost respect. Take it easy man and Ill catch you at the next event.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Those Falco vids just solidify the fact that having a bomb in hand can save your life....

It's good to see a Falco beaten by Link, especially after I lost to a chaingrab happy Falco at my last tournament.

Top Bottom