• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legan vs Overswarm(MK) Tourney Match

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
I watched them just now, good stuff.

Always have a bomb in hand against Falco, if you dont then your in for trouble.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha. I'm very glad I recorded those :p

It's too bad a lot of people at the tourney were too lazy to hold my camera for me though...I only got like 3 of my matches recorded D:

But yeah, I don't play Link, though I do play TL. And I definitely noticed the advantage of having a bomb in your hand against chaingrabbers. There was one point where Falco was doing his dthrow on Legan though, and the bomb exploded while he was being shot (how violent) but I didn't see Falco take damage, but I'm not sure if Legan did or not.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I only recorded his last 3 matches. If I remember correctly, they played 5 friendlies, and victories went: Ryzen, Legan, Ryzen, Legan, Legan.

sasook

Smash Champion
Amazing, as always, from my favorite player. Those pivot boosts.......are sooo godly. I mean I can kinda do it now but yours are so much faster! Mine are like in slow-mo compared to those.

Awesome fights, Legan.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Lol, loved the Falco matches. That last kill was so sexy, PivotBoost Ftilt. lol.

But Legan, I gots one liiiiiittle question for ya... Why do you let yourself get spiked at the end of Falco's CG? I'd really think you would know that he can't spike you if you DI Down+Away... at least without SDing himself...

And if you do know, (which I really think you would) is there a reason why you don't?

Legan

Smash Lord
haha. I'm very glad I recorded those :p

It's too bad a lot of people at the tourney were too lazy to hold my camera for me though...I only got like 3 of my matches recorded D:

But yeah, I don't play Link, though I do play TL. And I definitely noticed the advantage of having a bomb in your hand against chaingrabbers. There was one point where Falco was doing his dthrow on Legan though, and the bomb exploded while he was being shot (how violent) but I didn't see Falco take damage, but I'm not sure if Legan did or not.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I only recorded his last 3 matches. If I remember correctly,
they played 5 friendlies, and victories went: Ryzen, Legan, Ryzen, Legan, Legan.
I appreciate it West, You're the man.

That CG into dair spike combo is so gay -_-
I concur

Amazing, as always, from my favorite player. Those pivot boosts.......are sooo godly. I mean I can kinda do it now but yours are so much faster! Mine are like in slow-mo compared to those.

Awesome fights, Legan.
Thanks sasook, Pivoting will become second nature to you over time. Dont stress it

Lol, loved the Falco matches. That last kill was so sexy, PivotBoost Ftilt. lol.

But Legan, I gots one liiiiiittle question for ya... Why do you let yourself get spiked at the end of Falco's CG? I'd really think you would know that he can't spike you if you DI Down+Away... at least without SDing himself...

And if you do know, (which I really think you would) is there a reason why you don't?
Thanks blubba, I didnt know you could escape the spike, Im pretty sure DI'ing down would be the last thing youd want to do but I could be wrong. i definately dont know everything so if someone else would like to clarify this or show me this is true than that would be great.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Definitely remeber to try DIing Down+Away, it'll save your bum, a lot. I haven't had any other type of gimp occur to me from this either, probably mainly because the Falco's expect the spike to be free.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Wow. Great matches against Falco. And the kills...were just breathtaking>>zairguarding edge-hog, jab cancel to u-tilt, jab-lock to f-smash, pivot boost to f-tilt at the end. You're truly amazing with Link. One of these days, I hope to meet you and play you. Keep at it, man.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Legan is like a Link god. One of them. lol. Anyway, very nice matches. That Falco got *****. I loved the Zair edgehog. Sexy~ XD And for anyone with trouble pivot boosting, it's quite simple. You just need a very slight hand and just be gentle on the control stick. I have to input the PB into my game but I've got it down. But I practiced it by crouching out of it so it's gonna take some time to get used to the ftilt. Or Fsmash. I need to focus less on grabs T^T Well, good matches, love watching that stuff XD

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Legan, I'm not the type to idolize others, but the way you played those matches were just..

I want you to rate my Link, no ones seen me play offline yet. I'll send you a video of one of my latest matches, surprisingly it's against a Falco as well.

Legan

Smash Lord
Legan is like a Link god. One of them. lol. Anyway, very nice matches. That Falco got *****. I loved the Zair edgehog. Sexy~ XD And for anyone with trouble pivot boosting, it's quite simple. You just need a very slight hand and just be gentle on the control stick. I have to input the PB into my game but I've got it down. But I practiced it by crouching out of it so it's gonna take some time to get used to the ftilt. Or Fsmash. I need to focus less on grabs T^T Well, good matches, love watching that stuff XD
Thanks blu, i appreciate it. And yea any advice you can give people in pivot boosting is appreciated. Im not the best at explaining how I do things.

Legan, I'm not the type to idolize others, but the way you played those matches were just..

I want you to rate my Link, no ones seen me play offline yet. I'll send you a video of one of my latest matches, surprisingly it's against a Falco as well.
Sure ray, Ill check out your vids.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Legan, you never cease to suprise me... next thing I know you'll find out how to beat Meta Knight. Keep up the good work man, I wish I coudl've been at WTON to see that. :)

Legan

Smash Lord
hehe, I saw Legan go Norfair against Overswarm's MK...ask him how that turned out :p
Not good at all lol, Ive done well on that stage against a few characters but if the MK is smart and knows not to play you on the top platforms, its a terrible stage for link. The difference i noticed between devas matches with DSF and mine with overswarm was that OS was using tornado and shuttle loop from under the platforms while DSF was fighting deva face to face on top of them. MK will not just shuttle loop into dair, its just not that easy. And believe me when I say i know how to use the enviroment of stages and play smart. No disrespect to Deva in the least because i know hes a great player, but seriously dont think that cp mk on norfair is a good idea based off those vids with DSF, that is not what a rational MK would do.

Link_hero_Tubs

Smash Rookie
lol **** dude ur link gets sexier every time i see it lol i hope we can get some matches on aib like before. btw how do u ledge hop Fair and manage to get both swipes to come out. i cant get more than one slash and its buggin the hell outta me haha

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
lol **** dude ur link gets sexier every time i see it lol i hope we can get some matches on aib like before. btw how do u ledge hop Fair and manage to get both swipes to come out. i cant get more than one slash and its buggin the hell outta me haha
Just make sure you input the Fair ASAP after you are off the ledge and have hopped. It should all be one fluid motion: Get off ledge + Jump + Fair.

Maybe practicing in slow-mo might help you until you get to higher speeds. :D

sasook

Smash Champion
If you press down, jump, and fair, you'll only get one swipe, always. VERY LIGHTLY tilt back, then jump and fair to get both.

Link_hero_Tubs

Smash Rookie
ah thanks everyone for the tips ill hit up trainin mode when i get some time... legan needs a combo video asap lol his aggressive style is too awesome

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Wow, I guess everyone who has tried with me pressing down is just super slow (myself included) lol.
Or maybe you're all normal speed and my fingers are just abnormally fast. I have issues with BombSliding because I have a high tendency to JC Dthrow because I input the up too quickly and I leave tapjump on. lol.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Nobody ***** with Link....Hes not a character you can **** with.....You just win...

Legan does that well though...props ryzen was probably craping is pants......NEXT TIME GIVE ME A RIDE!!!!

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Well you know what I mean... There are a few "matchups" Link can **** such as bowser matchups but in general when you play those good middle/top tier characters....all your matches will be somewhat close..

I define **** as 2 or 3 stocking your opponent.....Legan is awesome and his link is **** but I don't call close matches ****.....

BTW bowser is just sad.....

Legan

Smash Lord
Well you know what I mean... There are a few "matchups" Link can **** such as bowser matchups but in general when you play those good middle/top tier characters....all your matches will be somewhat close..

I define **** as 2 or 3 stocking your opponent.....Legan is awesome and his link is **** but I don't call close matches ****.....

BTW bowser is just sad.....
Blubba youd be surprised at the amount of seemingly endless combos I could pull on a bowser that bad.

Out of about 5matches with sliq, I only beat his bowser once, they were all very close matches. Bowser is technically a better character than link.

Sliqs bowser in doubles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05HFcjbK0Q&feature=related

1 - Anther ($235.00)
2 - Needle of Juntah ($115.00)
3 - Joshu ($40.00)
4 - Tink
T5 - Overswarm
T5 - Sliq [Bowser/Ganon]
T7 - Lain
T7 - Rofa
T9 - 1der
T9 - Kel
T9 - Blood Hawk
T9 - Smash64
T13 - Doctor X
T13 - Samurai(no space)Panda
T13 - Big C
T13 - Ryzen Xia
T17 - Legan
T17 - Nojoes
T17 - Omniswell
T17 - Rook
T17 - Rook
T17 - Asdioh
T17 - OOK
T17 - Thinkaman
T17 - Kyari
T25 - YBM
T25 - Slimpyman
T25 - EarthHero
T25 - Toga
T25 - Iggy
T25 - Scala
T25 - Jons
T25 - Epic
---------- CUTOFF ----------
T33 - Princess Aura
T33 - MachinegunNorm
T33 - Pythag
T33 - DastrnMaco
T33 - Metal
T33 - Infern Angelis
T33 - Jekyll
T33 - Mr. E
T41 - Dark Kakashi
T41 - Spoon
T41 - TheBlueBlade
T41 - Este

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
To help emphasize his point, I consider Kirby at a huge advantage over Bowser, and I demolish most Bowsers I fight. (admittedly on wifi)

But I could not beat Sliq's Bowser in friendlies, even after like 5 tries. He even 2-stocked me a couple times. That's how good he is, and how deadly Bowser is capable of being XD

Finns7

Smash Ace
Good stuff legan. I repsect all chars, It all depends on who uses the char imo. Look at Link, he can be garbage if the player doesnt know how to use him.

Deva

Smash Lord
Actually, I havent seen the new matches yet, but I wanted to point out on the norfair bit, when I first played DSF, he actually did do a lot more tornado and shuttle loop from below. As long as you're jumping between the top platforms and throwing bombs down and airdodging his attacks, MK almost never hits you. And if you can connect with at least 1 dair to shuttle loop, MK get's scared about using that from below. That's why by the time I played him and the match was recorded, he tended to stay on the top platforms and fight me head on.

Legan

Smash Lord
Actually, I havent seen the new matches yet, but I wanted to point out on the norfair bit, when I first played DSF, he actually did do a lot more tornado and shuttle loop from below. As long as you're jumping between the top platforms and throwing bombs down and airdodging his attacks, MK almost never hits you. And if you can connect with at least 1 dair to shuttle loop, MK get's scared about using that from below. That's why by the time I played him and the match was recorded, he tended to stay on the top platforms and fight me head on.
That makes sense, but theres just so much stuff MK can do to exploit that lvl. Ill just need to check out how you do things on that lvl deva because Im probably doing something wrong.. Show me another MK vid on norfair sometime whenever you get the chance.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Lol yeah, don't worry about me knowing about Bowser. X_X I've ran into one or two people that really knew how to use him, the matches can be a lot closer than you'd expect. But bad Bowsers get to be combod to Timbuktu and back. :p

I kinda want to fight Sliq but I don't think he plays online... Hmmmm...

I'm considering saving up and planning to go to some large Smash event in the future hopefully. I shoud be starting my first job in about a week so I might be finally able to fund a trip myself.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I would watch the new matches but atm, I'm doing my HW. Waiting for my thing to print lol. Can't wait till I'm done XD

Top Bottom